Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 12/2017 - Bee Live Hamaca Hotel, Boca Chica

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 12/2017 - Bee Live Hamaca Hotel, Boca Chica

Conclusion

I only stayed on the property for 1 day so I did not have a chance to take advantage of the different pools weight room disco and other amenities. IMHO you would need at least 3 days to enjoy the resort in its entirety and I was not willing to make that type of investment.

What impressed me most is that the resort is literally two different places. The regular rooms were decent but obviously old and worn but the VIP section was the next level and a totally different ambiance it was as if you were at a different resort.

My personal pet peeve was no WIFI in the rooms, I can't see spending all that money and not being connected to the internet. You are given a wrist band which identifies which type of guest you are and the property is crawling with security checking for people who do not belong. This is NOT a monger spot it is a vacation spot that would best be shared with your family or a significant other because there is plenty to do.

It was a decent experience however personally I do not believe I would return because there are many other resorts on the Island that I would like to experience.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,406 Times in 795 Posts

I have been into the Hamaca resort in 2011. It was by far the worst resort I have ever been to...
    the food option were awful.. I remember the burgers and other food sitting for hours under the sun with mosquitos on...
    Again this was 6 years ago so maybe today the situation is different... I would never go back to that place anyway... If you want the resort experience I can suggest much better options in much better areas..
    Last edited by QueGuapo; 12-23-2017 at 03:36 PM.
    follow my Negril trip report at http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429348-07-2014-I-am-back-in-the-saddle-again-El-Cristo-Negril-trip-report

Sometimes we fuck up...and life is so much better that way...

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to QueGuapo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,182 Times in 3,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    [B]Conclusion

My personal pet peeve was no WIFI in the rooms, I can't see spending all that money and not being connected to the internet. You are given a wrist band which identifies which type of guest you are and the property is crawling with security checking for people who do not belong. This is NOT a monger spot it is a vacation spot that would best be shared with your family or a significant other because there is plenty to do.

It was a decent experience however personally I do not believe I would return because there are many other resorts on the Island that I would like to experience.
    Its 2017 and every place should have WiFi.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Atlantic City Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic City Jimmy View Post
    Its 2017 and every place should have WiFi.
    Hey Jimmy, this place sucks. It's a low level AI even by 3rd world DR standards.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,182 Times in 3,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Hey Jimmy, this place sucks. It's a low level AI even by 3rd world DR standards.
    I am just saying, no internet, its time to find one with.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic City Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 287 Posts

Regular admission is for locals used to toilets with no toilet seats, hours of power outages a day, and dangerous tap water. Hamaca is an upgrade for them.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whatever For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information