Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/2017 - Camaro in 2017

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

01/2017 - Camaro in 2017

Camaro in 2017

I am grateful for what turned out to be a successful 2016. I am beginning my third year living in the Dominican Republic and I have learned much during this time. Many of the things I read or heard others talking about have become "rhema" to me. It's one thing to hear or read something it's an entirely different thing to witness what you read or heard spoken right before your eyes.

It's like I have been in school the last 2 years, not only have I had to learn another language but another culture that is based on different societal norms. For me visiting the Dominican Republic for a week at a time a half dozen times a year and living here full time has given me a different perspective. I have learned much but there are 2 things that strike me most profoundly.

It is painfully obvious to me that the Dominican education system is poor by United States standards. My Spanish is still terrible but I often write, read and speak Spanish (Castillian)better than some adult Dominicans that I have interaction with. I recently came across the below

Click this bar to view the full image.

It is bad news when less than 20% of the people who have graduated from high school have sufficient skills to get a decent job or successfully complete a course of higher education because education is tied to their earning ability. There are numerous threads on the internet that speak to the situation of education in the Dominican Republic but apparently President Medina is attempting to turn things around.

http://www.dw.com/en/dominican-repub...tem/a-17625149

Along with education is the employment situation. I have read unemployment statistics depending on the sources from 15 -30%. I am grateful for Facebook because it has given me a much broader spectrum of women to interact with other than what would commonly be found in Sosua. Based on speaking with many of them it appears as if unemployment is closer to 50% maybe more.

Not only do I have I seen a great deal of unemployment I have also seen a lack of ambition. I cannot count how many times I asked a woman what she wants to do with her life and she has been remiss to give me an answer. I have often received answers such as own a salon or clothing store. I have met a few women who were educated and gainfully employed but not many; it is not that they do not exist it is that I have yet to penetrate those social circles.

Below is an old article it is detailed but it basically talks about the minimum and living wage in the Dominican Republic

http://ciee.typepad.com/files/wrc-li...republic-2.pdf

Basically if the average Dominican is working they earn between 6000 - 20,000 pesos a month. Obviously there are some who earn more or less but the aforementioned is just an estimate. One of the primary motivations for work is the amount of money you earn if you take away that incentive some choose not to work and others choose to work outside the system. Working outside the system includes criminal activity for some of the men and prostitution for some of the women.

The point is...

I now see up close why so many women are available here in the Dominican Republic as opposed to the United States. The fact is I would not be able to do 10% of what I do for the cost of which I do it because of the education and employment situation. I have personally discovered that if you treat the majority of these women decently and you are in a position to help them financially there is no reason to be alone.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Re: 01/2017 - Camaro in 2017

I often have this conversation with my wingman and after 20 years of traveling to DR I find there is a certain lack of respect for foreigners...

It seems like the local females have more respect for the local men that beat on them and treat them poorly than they would for psriches or myself.

I have met a few exceptions to the rule but for the most part there is no respect...

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    I have personally discovered that if you treat the majority of these women decently and you are in a position to help them financially there is no reason to be alone.

Camaro in 2017

I am grateful for what turned out to be a successful 2016. I am beginning my third year living in the Dominican Republic and I have learned much during this time. Many of the things I read or heard others talking about have become "rhema" to me. It's one thing to hear or read something it's an entirely different thing to witness what you read or heard spoken right before your eyes.

It's like I have been in school the last 2 years, not only have I had to learn another language but another culture that is based on different societal norms. For me visiting the Dominican Republic for a week at a time a half dozen times a year and living here full time has given me a different perspective. I have learned much but there are 2 things that strike me most profoundly.

It is painfully obvious to me that the Dominican education system is poor by United States standards. My Spanish is still terrible but I often write, read and speak Spanish (Castillian)better than some adult Dominicans that I have interaction with. I recently came across the below

Click to see pic Click this bar to view the full image.
    Click to see pic

It is bad news when less than 20% of the people who have graduated from high school have sufficient skills to get a decent job or successfully complete a course of higher education because education is tied to their earning ability. There are numerous threads on the internet that speak to the situation of education in the Dominican Republic but apparently President Medina is attempting to turn things around.

http://www.dw.com/en/dominican-repub...tem/a-17625149

Along with education is the employment situation. I have read unemployment statistics depending on the sources from 15 -30%. I am grateful for Facebook because it has given me a much broader spectrum of women to interact with other than what would commonly be found in Sosua. Based on speaking with many of them it appears as if unemployment is closer to 50% maybe more.

Not only do I have I seen a great deal of unemployment I have also seen a lack of ambition. I cannot count how many times I asked a woman what she wants to do with her life and she has been remiss to give me an answer. I have often received answers such as own a salon or clothing store. I have met a few women who were educated and gainfully employed but not many; it is not that they do not exist it is that I have yet to penetrate those social circles.

Below is an old article it is detailed but it basically talks about the minimum and living wage in the Dominican Republic

http://ciee.typepad.com/files/wrc-li...republic-2.pdf

Basically if the average Dominican is working they earn between 6000 - 20,000 pesos a month. Obviously there are some who earn more or less but the aforementioned is just an estimate. One of the primary motivations for work is the amount of money you earn if you take away that incentive some choose not to work and others choose to work outside the system. Working outside the system includes criminal activity for some of the men and prostitution for some of the women.

The point is...

I now see up close why so many women are available here in the Dominican Republic as opposed to the United States. The fact is I would not be able to do 10% of what I do for the cost of which I do it because of the education and employment situation. I have personally discovered that if you treat the majority of these women decently and you are in a position to help them financially there is no reason to be alone.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3 View Post
    I often have this conversation with my wingman and after 20 years of traveling to DR I find there is a certain lack of respect for foreigners...

It seems like the local females have more respect for the local men that beat on them and treat them poorly than they would for psriches or myself.

I have met a few exceptions to the rule but for the most part there is no respect...
    Actually you are correct and I should have used the word "some" instead of "majority" I have had some of the same experiences with Dominican women being disrespectful. I would like to contribute that to the aforementioned lack of education however I believe there are some cultural things that are much deeper and I have yet to comprehend.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Facebook

In the past I used Dominican & Latin American Cupid extensively, I never had much luck with tagged and Badoo. I like Facebook because it has given me the opportunity to meet a diversity of women. Although I have met quite a few women it is not as easy as it looks. I go through a lot of rejections and some of my meetings simply don't come to fruition.

Recently I have been meeting a few fat women proving that no system is perfect...lol.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Facebook

In the past I used Dominican & Latin American Cupid extensively, I never had much luck with tagged and Badoo. I like Facebook because it has given me the opportunity to meet a diversity of women. Although I have met quite a few women it is not as easy as it looks. I go through a lot of rejections and some of my meetings simply don't come to fruition.

Recently I have been meeting a few fat women proving that no system is perfect...lol.
    Its a new year with a new crop.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3 View Post

Many of them are savages.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Exactly...

It's education and experience Camaro.

They are just not sophisticated enough to understand how to interact in some social venues.

Actually you are correct and I should have used the word "some" instead of "majority" I have had some of the same experiences with Dominican women being disrespectful. I would like to contribute that to the aforementioned lack of education however I believe there are some cultural things that are much deeper and I have yet to comprehend.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 607 Posts

Facebook

If the fat is in the booty and not the belly, go for it!

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maretti For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

RFM

I met a small petite chic who was my type on Facebook and had a meet and greet with her at one of the bars on the Malecon in Puerto Plata. She had the typical features that I would normally be attracted to.

I didn't get the vibe she was a pro so we simply talked and I put her in que for potential consideration in the future. A few weeks later I received the below listed Facebook conversation

So a chic I only met one time and have not had sex with actually wants me to give her 25,000 pesos...uhmmmm that's over $500.00...yikes! WTF! 1 or 2000 pesos maybe but 25,000 pesos? How do you fix your mouth to ask an absolute stranger for $500.00? I kept asking "en serio?"

In reference to the education & employment issue in the Dominican Republic I guess this is one of the results. As I can recall she was a dancer at Ocean World but for some reason she lost her job. The same issues that make these chics available to me are the same issues that would lead them to make what I considered to be an outlandish request.

Surprisingly for the number of chics I deal with I recently have not been receiving very many RFM's in fact there have been very few but I wanted to share this one since it was so unusual.

18. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Out of her mind.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

WTF???????

I met a cute flaca on Facebook and we really hit if off so I was hopeful!

Then I saw the below listed meme as her WhatsApp photo

Of course being the concerned gentleman that I am I enquired as to what was wrong and she said nada. Then the next day she posted the below meme on her WhatsApp.

So now ahm lyke
    WTF? Who post a suicide meme in there WhatsApp for the world to see? Who does that??????????

Yeah I know an attention seeker who has deep seated issues. So I asked her about the meme and you know what she said? She said "a mi me gusta esta imagen"...ahm lyke REALLY? This chic likes suicide memes? So I hear this loud voice in my head...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWwOJlOI1nU

She has been deleted and I call...NEXT!

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,618 Times in 893 Posts

What cracks me up is when they ask for pesos
    in dollars

mi puedes regalar o prestar
    100 dolar

que mi vas regalar para mi cumpleaños , navidad. Etc etc

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rafa72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

The games people play

Last year I went to Dajabon at the Haitian border to meet this chic

Needless to say I was attracted to her and I was interested in making the excursion. I arrived to discover she wanted to go to lunch with a friend of hers. I was not alarmed by the prospect because chaperoning (going out with family and friends) is quite common amongst civilian chics outside tourist areas.

After our lunch date which was in Monti Cristi about 30 minutes from Dajabon we arrived in my hotel. She later informed me that she wanted to go out that night this time with her friends. There were going to be 3 chicas I was supposed to be buying drinks for. My concern was she was yawning on the drive back from our lunch date as if she was tired and I believed that after a night of drinking she might not be interested in my dessert. I aborted because I felt she was playing games and returned to Puerto Plata the next day.

The below meme is currently circulating on Facebook

Basically this guy has gone out with this chica and her friends and spent money on drinks and hookah and guess what?????????? GUESS? The chic is tired and doesn't want to give him his dessert...hmmmmmmmmmmm sounds familiar.

I have spoken with another ex-pat who lives here and he advised that this practice is quite common so I consider myself fortunate I dodged the bullet. For those who entertain civilian - non pros in the future be aware if she wants to go out on the town with her friends you might get dessert at the end of the night or you might not...

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

WTF???????

Click to see pic

Of course being the concerned gentleman that I am I enquired as to what was wrong and she said nada. Then the next day she posted the below meme on her WhatsApp.

Click to see pic

So now ahm lyke
    WTF? Who post a suicide meme in there WhatsApp for the world to see? Who does that??????????

Yeah I know an attention seeker who has deep seated issues. So I asked her about the meme and you know what she said? She said "a mi me gusta esta imagen"...ahm lyke REALLY? This chic likes suicide memes? So I hear this loud voice in my head...

Looks normal

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

She looks like a chica from Dominican Cupid who goes by the name of Juli. '

The games people play

Last year I went to Dajabon at the Haitian border to meet this chic

Click to see pic Click this bar to view the full image.
    Click to see pic

[COLOR=#000000] Needless to say I was attracted to her and I was interested in making the excursion. I arrived to discover she wanted to go to lunch with a friend of hers. I was not alarmed by the prospect because chaperoning (going out with family and friends) is quite common amongst civilian chics outside tourist areas.
    Last edited by Dick Dawson; 01-04-2017 at 12:47 AM. Reason: quote fix
    SouthCoast

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

This is July from Cupid.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,120 Times in 1,332 Posts

WTF???????

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

So now ahm lyke

I have no personal experience with this crazy shit whatsoever. However, from what I have seen and read, this seems more like a "cutter" rather than a suicide attempt. Again, no experience, but I would expect a potential or attempted suicide would involve a single, or maybe 2 deep cuts to really sever the blood vessels to bleed out.

Either way, I agree, Run Forrest, Run!! That is definitely a cry for help, but I am NOT on that committee!
    Rent it, Don't buy it! There's no warranty.

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BronxMoney For This Useful Post:

Winter: Sosua * Summer: Sometimes North, Sometime South
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

WTF???????

Click to see pic

Click to see pic

So now ahm lyke

It seems to be a thing. I have received 3 pm's after my last couple of trips with pictures such as this. I think they are trying to garner sympathy....it must have worked at some point for this to become something.
    Give me a chair on a beach....hand me a beer....have some chicas hanging around....oh happy days!!

C.I.S.O.C.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BronxMoney View Post
    I have no personal experience with this crazy shit whatsoever. However, from what I have seen and read, this seems more like a "cutter" rather than a suicide attempt. Again, no experience, but I would expect a potential or attempted suicide would involve a single, or maybe 2 deep cuts to really sever the blood vessels to bleed out.

Either way, I agree, Run Forrest, Run!! That is definitely a cry for help, but I am NOT on that committee!
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

I stand corrected

The chic that posted the meme with several cuts was not a suicide attempt it is something called "cutting" or self harm.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-c...e/ovc-20165425

In my 30+ years in LE I had no experience with this so I had no idea what it was. Regardless as to whether it's cutting or a suicide attempt the fact that she would post this as a meme on her WhatsApp is sufficient reason for me to call NEXT!
    Last edited by camaro1257; 01-04-2017 at 09:54 AM.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    It seems to be a thing. I have received 3 pm's after my last couple of trips with pictures such as this. I think they are trying to garner sympathy....it must have worked at some point for this to become something.
    That is exactly their goal
    To get sympathy..
    They not real cutters .. and they not committing Suicide.. they want you to feel sorry enough for them, to care.. & caring = pesos ..

I would tell them,, “make sure you wipe that blade with rubbing alcohol, so you don’t get an infection” , see what reaction you get from her.

If she laughs , then you know it was all bullshit .. if she gets really angry then it gets a lot more confusing but you can simply run away.
    Anyway ,that’s my .02

40. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information