Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/2018 - The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,182 Times in 3,147 Posts

Re: 01/2018 - The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Damn thats good! If I ever meet you breakfast is on me.
    I will be there.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic City Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ezsmile View Post
    Damn thats good! If I ever meet you breakfast is on me.
    Thanks for the offer, but you may want to reconsider that. They make them Dominican style, with lots of oil.

Since it's a cafeteria in a Free Zone (low salaries), food is really cheap. A big plate of food for lunch is only 100 pesos and has lots of rice and beans and a touch of meat. They server more meat for breakfast than for lunch.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

It's the little things that count!

I have been a cherry fanatic for years, even more so now that I have changed my diet to a lot of fruits and vegetables. Cherries are one of the best fruits you can eat so I have literally searched for years on the North Coast and have not been able to find any.

I finally found some at Jumbo in Santo Domingo on my last few trips but nothing in Puerto Plata.

Then all of a sudden I am in the new Jumbo in Puerto Plata and WHA LAHH!

I found a half pound of cherries for 162 pesos which is just over $3.00US, about $6.00 a pound. Whatever the cost I need some cherries...haaaaaaaaaa!

It's the simple things that count!
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

6. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    It's the little things that count!

I have been a cherry fanatic for years, even more so now that I have changed my diet to a lot of fruits and vegetables. Cherries are one of the best fruits you can eat so I have literally searched for years on the North Coast and have not been able to find any.

I finally found some at Jumbo in Santo Domingo on my last few trips but nothing in Puerto Plata.

Then all of a sudden I am in the new Jumbo in Puerto Plata and WHA LAHH!

Click to see pic

I found a half pound of cherries for 162 pesos which is just over $3.00US, about $6.00 a pound. Whatever the cost I need some cherries...haaaaaaaaaa!

It's the simple things that count!
    It took me a couple of sentences to realize you were talking about food.

8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Gasper Hernandez

I met a chic on Facebook who lives in Gasper Hernandez which is a small town in between Cabarette and Nagua about 1 hour and a half east of Puerto Plata. After some wrangling I finally decided to go see her which was an adventure

Gasper Hernandez has one main street which can be difficult to navigate with cars double parked and motos buzzing around you. In addition I was using Google Maps on my phone trying to find the location to meet my chic; the problem was Google Maps showed the location but not the direct route so I got lost. I finally found a moto concho who led me to the location.

We didn't spend much time in Gasper Hernandez frankly there is not much there, a park church stores and typical Dominican small town.

Isla Del Paraiso

We decided to go to cabana Isla Del Paraiso which is about 5 minutes outside of town. There is another one that looks just like it outside Cabarette.

The grounds were very neat and clean

The room was old but clean. There was a flat screen with an in-wall sound system. The room was about 500 pesos for short time. The problem I had was I couldn't get any cell phone reception don't know if it was the room or the entire property.

I was quite surprised the caban food was pretty good. Usually cabana food is kind of bland, I had grilled fish and salad but both were tasty and she had lambi.

She was very shy and timid very un-hoe like not professional at all. Lots of kissing GFE etc. She poured my water for me and even got me a pillow when I laid down it was a pleasant change and worth the trip to Gasper Hernandez. I am not excited about making that drive again but she can definitely come to Puerto Plata and we can pick up where we left off...
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (204.0 KB, 341 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (201.6 KB, 342 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (235.9 KB, 344 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (190.1 KB, 330 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (170.4 KB, 334 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (197.5 KB, 340 vistas)
    Last edited by camaro1257; 02-20-2018 at 11:11 AM.

10. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,255 Times in 459 Posts

Adrian Tropical, Malecon-Santo Domingo

Adrian Tropical restaurant is a Santo Domingo staple with good food and a view of the Carribean Sea from the MaleconClick to see picClick to see pic

They are famous for their fruit drinks

Click to see pic

I have been wanting to go there but always defer in fear of the price....thanks to BLB....villa hermanos...is my go-to/favorite

As I mention it...how are the prices...more or less?
    Last edited by NiteStallion876; 02-20-2018 at 02:12 PM. Reason: added my last question...

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to NiteStallion876 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NiteStallion876 View Post
    I have been wanting to go there but always defer in fear of the price....thanks to BLB....villa hermanos...is my go-to/favorite

As I mention it...how are the prices...more or less?
    The prices are higher at the Malecon restaurant.

https://www.adriantropical.com/menu/

Taxes not included.

Breakfast menu:

https://www.adriantropical.com/desayuno-malecon/

Taxes not included

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Venus Cabana, Puerto Plata

Venus cabana is located traveling west outside of Puerto Plata on Calle Prinicipal toward Santiago on the right. There are 2 other cabanas on the right and 1 on the left as you exit the city.

My use of cabanas is discretionary and subjective. Sometimes when I meet a chic if she is a non pro we meet in public for drinks or dinner. Sometimes if she is a semi pro we meet at my place and sometimes I smash sometimes I don't. Generally speaking if I meet a chic that is clearly a pro and I do not trust her I will use a cabana. The 500 pesos for the cabana is worth it to me for certain chics not to know where I live.

The grounds are very well maintained. There are 3 classes of rooms I always choose the regular.

The regular rooms are more than enough for me.

My date was hungry and I decided to grab something also. 2 chuleta dinners and the room fee total was 1500 pesos. I thought each dinner would only have 1 chuleta but each dinner had 3 which was good.

• File Type: jpg 1.jpg (216.6 KB, 304 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (203.6 KB, 304 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (201.7 KB, 311 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (196.6 KB, 305 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (200.0 KB, 304 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (184.8 KB, 312 vistas)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Venus Cabana, Puerto Plata

Venus cabana is located traveling west outside of Puerto Plata on Calle Prinicipal toward Santiago on the right. There are 2 other cabanas on the right and 1 on the left as you exit the city.

Click to see picClick to see pic

My use of cabanas is discretionary and subjective. Sometimes when I meet a chic if she is a non pro we meet in public for drinks or dinner. Sometimes if she is a semi pro we meet at my place and sometimes I smash sometimes I don't. Generally speaking if I meet a chic that is clearly a pro and I do not trust her I will use a cabana. The 500 pesos for the cabana is worth it to me for certain chics not to know where I live.

The grounds are very well maintained. There are 3 classes of rooms I always choose the regular.

Click to see pic

The regular rooms are more than enough for me.

My date was hungry and I decided to grab something also. 2 chuleta dinners and the room fee total was 1500 pesos. I thought each dinner would only have 1 chuleta but each dinner had 3 which was good.

Click to see pic
    Venus Cabana treat

I had a treat in the cabana

I met a chic on Facebook she insisted she wanted to get to know me so I obliged her and the rest was history...haaaaaaaaa!
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (184.1 KB, 394 vistas)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Aguaceros, Malecon- Puerto Plata

There are several restaurants on the Malecon in Puerto Plata but Aguaceros is one of my favorites. I met a chic on Facebook who was a non pro civilian so I decided to take her on a traditional date.

There is sidewalk seating outside, a dinning room inside, a lounge & party room and a terrace upstairs.

The service and food is generally good. Prices are on the high side I had 2 grilled fish (mero) dinners with drinks and paid 2000 pesos. The mero portion was a lttle small for my liking

I think Aguacero has the best ambiance of all the Malecon restaurants, between the furniture lighting and interior design. It has more of a U.S. feel than the other restaurants. The prices are a bit pricey but it still remains one of my go-to spots on the Malecon.

***My date ended up at my place and dodged all my sexual advances...guess what she wanted to do?...GUESS? I have a chess set on a desk at the entrance of my bedroom this chic actually wanted me to teach her how to play chess...I shit you not!

We played she did good in the beginning but I ultimately prevailed. It was over all a decent date the jury is out if I go forward or not only time will tell...
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (202.9 KB, 24 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (200.9 KB, 301 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (196.9 KB, 11 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (200.2 KB, 309 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (205.2 KB, 308 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (202.3 KB, 295 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (193.9 KB, 290 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (196.7 KB, 293 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (197.7 KB, 15 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (197.8 KB, 293 vistas)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Anecdotal Observation

My last date and her abstinence caused me to reflect. I am in a couple of other monger groups and I have been reluctant to share some of my experiences because they are inconsistent with the experiences of others in those groups. In one of the groups there is an individual who knows everything there is to know about the Dominican Republic, but other than a couple of trips to Punta Cana, a taxi driver giving him a hoe tour in Santo Domingo and a myriad of trips to Sosua that is his experience with Dominican women.

How do I explain to someone who knows everything about the Dominican Republic that there are women that will have sex with you because you are a gringo with money and there a woman who won't have sex with you because you are a gringo with money? This person will probably not ever meet a woman that won't have sex with him for the same reasons some women will have sex with him. I have given up sharing my unicorn experiences with certain people because they believe that unicorns are not real.

I have had more blue balls experiences than I have documented. I do not know the specific reasons for the sexual abstinence of some women but I can imagine the sexual abuse they have endured and the desire sometimes simply to protect themselves emotionally. What I find really interesting in not only do some of these chics need money but some of them are hungry. I can't count how many chics I have asked what they had to eat that day and some say nothing and others say something like "arroz" or "pan". I cannot imagine living my life eating rice or bread daily because I don't have enough money to buy food to eat, but yet some of these chics are not taking advantage of an opportunity to get paid.

I do not recall the exact thread last year but it talked about how we as mongers have been scarred. From a mongering point of view I can be disappointed when I am rejected sexually but from a non mongering point of view sexual rejection is just a normal part of doing business. Every time I am rejected sexually thinking I am entitled to sex with a woman who is not overtly a prostitute I realize how mongering has scarred me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hotel Riazor & Manolo's Restaurante

Visiting Santo Domingo is a great vacation from the North Coast there are things available that are not available in other parts of the country like shopping and dinning.

I did Airb&b apartments for a while but I like the idea of always knowing I will have enough towels in my hotel room and the restaurant next to the hotel. For quite some time my go to spot has become Hotel Riazor & Manolo's Restaurante.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    • File Type: jpg 1a.jpg (205.9 KB, 21 vistas)

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Visiting Santo Domingo is a great vacation from the North Coast there are things available that are not available in other parts of the country like shopping and dinning.

I did Airb&b apartments for a while but I like the idea of always knowing I will have enough towels in my hotel room and the restaurant next to the hotel. For quite some time my go to spot has become Hotel Riazor & Manolo's Restaurante.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    I stayed at that hotel many times. Great location

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
    My room

I made a reservation online but when I arrived the receptionist could not find the reservation and he gave me a small room. The owner came later and saw the error of the receptionist and upgraded my room and also gave me a free dinner for the inconvenience.

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Manolo's Restaurante

The sister restaurant to Hotel Riazor is Manolo's. They have room service for the hotel and also indoor and outdoor seating.

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

There are the typical food items meat fish and seafood. I had salmon which was a 1000 pesos meal. I ate salmon twice the first meal was free due to the room confusion of earlier which I thought was very customer friendly.

11.jpg

The restaurant has a juice bar also where you can order different types of juices alcohol etc. It is a good restaurant and the service is generally good.

One of the reasons I like Hotel Riazor and Manolo's is the restaurant makes a good location for a date and I can easily transition to my hotel room if so desired. Hotel Riazor is centrally located and will remain one of my go to spots when I am in Santo Domingo.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Manolo's Restaurante

The sister restaurant to Hotel Riazor is Manolo's. They have room service for the hotel and also indoor and outdoor seating.

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg

There are the typical food items meat fish and seafood. I had salmon which was a 1000 pesos meal. I ate salmon twice the first meal was free due to the room confusion of earlier which I thought was very customer friendly.

11.jpg

The restaurant has a juice bar also where you can order different types of juices alcohol etc. It is a good restaurant and the service is generally good.

One of the reasons I like Hotel Riazor and Manolo's is the restaurant makes a good location for a date and I can easily transition to my hotel room if so desired. Hotel Riazor is centrally located and will remain one of my go to spots when I am in Santo Domingo.

When you check in, always check in as two.

In the morning, get your two breakfast vouchers.

I don't think they give coffee refills so I always get the two breakfasts.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Galerie del Atlantico, Puerto Plata

Puerto Plata has a new shopping plaza called Galerie del Atlantico Centro Comercial

1.jpg2.jpg

It is located right down the street from the court house in Puerto Plata. The plaza has a liquor store restaurants and other retail space

3.jpg

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Aguaceros, Malecon- Puerto Plata

There are several restaurants on the Malecon in Puerto Plata but Aguaceros is one of my favorites. I met a chic on Facebook who was a non pro civilian so I decided to take her on a traditional date.

There is sidewalk seating outside, a dinning room inside, a lounge & party room and a terrace upstairs.

Click to see picClick to see picClick to see picClick to see pic

The service and food is generally good. Prices are on the high side I had 2 grilled fish (mero) dinners with drinks and paid 2000 pesos. The mero portion was a lttle small for my liking

Click to see pic

I think Aguacero has the best ambiance of all the Malecon restaurants, between the furniture lighting and interior design. It has more of a U.S. feel than the other restaurants. The prices are a bit pricey but it still remains one of my go-to spots on the Malecon.

***My date ended up at my place and dodged all my sexual advances...guess what she wanted to do?...GUESS? I have a chess set on a desk at the entrance of my bedroom this chic actually wanted me to teach her how to play chess...I shit you not!

We played she did good in the beginning but I ultimately prevailed. It was over all a decent date the jury is out if I go forward or not only time will tell...
    Wow! That place used to be a dump. (Good food, but a dump) Looks like they did some major renovations, probably anticipating Cruise ship passengers.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Galerie del Atlantico, Puerto Plata

Puerto Plata has a new shopping plaza called Galerie del Atlantico Centro Comercial

1.jpg2.jpg

It is located right down the street from the court house in Puerto Plata. The plaza has a liquor store restaurants and other retail space

3.jpg
    La Loeanela Restaurante & Bocaditos Bakery & Café

The main restaurant in the plaza is La Loeanela which has the majority Italian cuisine. There is an inside dinning room and outdoor seating as well.

5.jpg6.jpg8.jpg

I had a salmon and herb dish which was decent. My dinner was about 600 pesos which is good for restaurant salmon. The majority of the menu was Italian items and I do not recall seeing anything over 800 pesos.

9.jpg

Bocaditos Bakery & Café

Next door to the restaurant is Bocaditos Bakery & Café. It is a pastry & juice bar with a laid back atmosphere.

10.jpg11.jpg

Don't ask me the name of what I had because I do not remember. It tasted like carrot cake but it was EXCELLENT!

12.jpg

Honestly I enjoyed the dessert more than the dinner...haaaaaaaaaa! Both spot make good date locations or venues just to visit solo or with friends and family. This upscale flavor is welcome in Puerto Plata.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

La Loeanela Restaurante & Bocaditos Bakery & Café

The main restaurant in the plaza is La Loeanela which has the majority Italian cuisine. There is an inside dinning room and outdoor seating as well.

5.jpg6.jpg8.jpg

I had a salmon and herb dish which was decent. My dinner was about 600 pesos which is good for restaurant salmon. The majority of the menu was Italian items and I do not recall seeing anything over 800 pesos.

9.jpg

Bocaditos Bakery & Café

Next door to the restaurant is Bocaditos Bakery & Café. It is a pastry & juice bar with a laid back atmosphere.

10.jpg11.jpg

Don't ask me the name of what I had because I do not remember. It tasted like carrot cake but it was EXCELLENT!

12.jpg

Honestly I enjoyed the dessert more than the dinner...haaaaaaaaaa! Both spot make good date locations or venues just to visit solo or with friends and family. This upscale flavor is welcome in Puerto Plata.
    It looks like the kind of shops that you find all over Santo Domingo. It's definitely not geared for the majority of the people who inhabit the North Coast. I hope they continue to be successful.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information