Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/2018 - The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

01/2018 - The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

2018 is the start of my 4th year living in the Dominican Republic. I have to admit I began my ex-pat journey with a bit a naiveté. I did not want to believe all the things I read and heard about the Dominican Republic, I approached living here with optimism only to discover that everything I read and heard was true. Sometimes the best lessons learned are the ones you experience yourself. Although I have been in the labor room with the mother of my son I will never know what it is like to be a mother...a parent yes, a mother NEVER.

I believe I am in the University of the Dominican Republic and every person is a different professor and experience is another lesson to be learned. It also feels like I am on a journey enroute to a destination unknown. I have no idea where I am going but I am certain I am on the right road to get to my destination.

I consider myself to be very fortunate because I have not had anything too terrible happen to me. I have been flim flamed a few times, overcharged and had feelings for some of the wrong women but I guess that is all for the course. I am not saying what I would never do again but I believe I have learned from my lessons.

All is not bad in the Dominican Republic by any stretch of the imagination. I have great neighbors who have gone out of their way to help me; I appreciate their hospitality and friendship. I was on my way back from Santiago on the Puerto Plata Navarette Highway when my truck engine overheated and quit running. Here I am stuck in the Campo in no man's land where I know absolutely no one with steam rolling out from under my hood and my truck would not start.

Absolute strangers stopped to help me and I discovered I had a busted water hose. The hose was repaired and I was on my way after about 2 hours all for ...all for...all for 700 pesos...can you believe that?????????? Who knows how much that repair would have cost in the United States. The point is there is much to hate in this country but there is much to love also.

The Saga Continues Camaro 2018...

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Re: 01/2018 - The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

I hope you have a fun and enjoyable time in 2018. Every numbskul and genius here will encounter the good and the difficult here. Hopefully we can learn and avoid the big problems and laugh at the small daily shit. Its a great adventure and an experience I would not trade for anything. All the best and thank you for your reports.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,182 Times in 3,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    [B]
    I consider myself to be very fortunate because I have not had anything too terrible happen to me. I have been flim flamed a few times, overcharged and had feelings for some of the wrong women but I guess that is all for the course. I am not saying what I would never do again but I believe I have learned from my lessons.
    We all have or will have at some point.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic City Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

2018 is the start of my 4th year living in the Dominican Republic. I have to admit I began my ex-pat journey with a bit a naiveté. I did not want to believe all the things I read and heard about the Dominican Republic, I approached living here with optimism only to discover that everything I read and heard was true. Sometimes the best lessons learned are the ones you experience yourself. Although I have been in the labor room with the mother of my son I will never know what it is like to be a mother...a parent yes, a mother NEVER.

I believe I am in the University of the Dominican Republic and every person is a different professor and experience is another lesson to be learned. It also feels like I am on a journey enroute to a destination unknown. I have no idea where I am going but I am certain I am on the right road to get to my destination.

All is not bad in the Dominican Republic by any stretch of the imagination. I have great neighbors who have gone out of their way to help me; I appreciate their hospitality and friendship. I was on my way back from Santiago on the Puerto Plata Navarette Highway when my truck engine overheated and quit running. Here I am stuck in the Campo in no man's land where I know absolutely no one with steam rolling out from under my hood and my truck would not start.

Absolute strangers stopped to help me and I discovered I had a busted water hose. The hose was repaired and I was on my way after about 2 hours all for ...all for...all for 700 pesos...can you believe that?????????? Who knows how much that repair would have cost in the United States. The point is there is much to hate in this country but there is much to love also.

The Saga Continues Camaro 2018...
    I promise this year I will not hijack any of your threads. (which I have an uncanny knack of doing because I don't want to start a new thread)

Shit, I just did it again. Last time, I promise.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

Defining the end game

There is a learning curve dealing with Dominican women and the curve goes up steeply before it levels off. I had a great conversation with Wicked Willie and we both came to the conclusion that one of the best things an ex-pat can do when looking for female companionship is define his end game before he begins the search. It is just like any worth while endeavor in life when your purpose, goals and objectives are clearly defined you have a direction you can point yourself in. Imagine an architect trying to construct a building without a plan.

Relationships with Dominican women are set with mine fields. First is the woman by nature a pro, soft,semi or non pro? The type of woman she is will dictate your approach and potential outcome. Pros & soft pros are generally clear cut and do not take much more planning other than negotiating price service location and time. The semi and non pros I have found to be very complicated.

First of all in my experience semi pros often do not see themselves as prostitutes because they have not given them selves full time to having sex for money. Therefore discussions of money and what you like sexually can be very dicy because "yo no soy cuero." The problem is there is a direct quid pro quo exchange sex for money which by definition makes her a prostitute. In my experience the majority either expects help in the terms of money short or long term. If there is no immediate expectation of money there is often an expectation of some benefit going forward. The problem is what is expected by her is not clearly articulated so often there can be disappointments and misunderstandings.

With non pros-civilians marriage and children is more than likely expected from long term relationships. In the United States 50% of marriages end in divorce within the first 7 years and 70% of those divorces are initiated by the woman. A lifetime relationship with an American woman is difficult but between the language and cultural differences it is more difficult in the Dominican Republic. I have no idea what the statistics are in the Dominican Republic but I would imagine that failure rates are higher than in the United States.

How women have responded to me has varied depending on how and where she was raised, her socio-economic status and how we met. Regardless I find under most circumstances the cultural and language barriers incredible obstacles to what I would consider to be a healthy marriage that has the potential of lasting. I begin 2018 with a simple end game to find one or a few women that we can have a mutually beneficial relationship for a few weeks a few months or as long as it last. Although anything is possible going forward I think that expectation will be my best option going forward.

I had sex with 100 different women in 2017 but in 2018 I am more interested in quality than quantity we shall see...

Thanks

Re: The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

[B]Defining the end game

I had sex with 100 different women in 2017 but in 2018 I am more interested in quality than quantity we shall see...
    Very nice number.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic City Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sosua really is a good deal

I have literally been from one end of the Island to another, from Dajabon to Samana, from Puerto Plata to Santo Domingo, from Punta Cana to San Cristobal and many points in-between. If your purpose is only to smash and chase chicas Sosua is a good deal even though prices have increased from times past. When you include travel, lodging and food cost there is no comparison between traveling to any of the aforementioned destinations just to smash and simply going to Sosua. My motive has been a sense of adventure and a desire to explore the Island therefore it has been worth it when my motive transcends simply chasing chicas.

Another challenge is many of the chics in those destinations are semi and non pros which means you may or not smash in a 2 day trip with her. It is possible to invest a ton of money in travel lodging and food but because the woman in question wants to save face and does not want to appear as a hoe she might not have sex with you, or if she does the sex may not be worth the effort in your opinion.

Some of my Camaro True Stories are local adventures, but some are the result of my travelling. When I do a cost benefit analysis sometimes it does not add up. I have a love hate relationship with Sosua between the attitude of some of the chicas and their expectations but at the end of the day even for me as an ex-pat Sosua serves its purpose. ..therefore I will be back...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Santo Domingo Carribe Tours

I have become quite familiar with the Puerto Plata, Santiago & Santo Domingo Carribe Tours route.

I have driven to many of the main destinations in the Dominican Republic and although I enjoy the freedom that driving provides I am reassessing the risk versus reward of driving in the Dominican Republic.

Although I have Casa Conductor insurance on my vehicle I got into a couple of accidents that were not reported to the authorities all of which cost me money and have made me very apprehensive about driving in the Dominican Republic. It appears to me that even when the extranjero is right he is wrong.

Another problem is the roads. There are very few roads in the Dominican Republic that match the United States Interstate system in terms of road quality and construction. The road that has cost me the most money is the Puerto Plata Navarette Highway in between Puerto Plata and Santiago. It is a two lane road full of post holes and debris. Not to mention because it is a two lane highway that is used by big truck and semi tractor trailers the traffic not only destroys the pavement that traffic moves slower so there is always faster traffic that is crossing the center line and crazy speeds to get around slower traffic which can be quite frightening at times.

In the 2 years I have had my truck I have had to replace a set of tires and bent 2 rims, 1 of them twice due to road conditions. Fortunately I was able to repair the rims without replacing them which would have been very expensive. I never understood why there are so many tire shops in the Dominican Republic until now.

Due to my experiences driving I am more strategic and calculating about when and where I will drive.

Santo Domingo is a great diversion

I enjoy Santo Domingo as a diversion from the restaurants hotels malls shopping and of course the chicas but it's a crazy city with MADDDD traffic problems so for me I wouldn't want to live there. I spent New Years in Santo Domingo with a couple of chicas and brought in 2018 without much fan fare.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Santo Domingo Carribe Tours

I have become quite familiar with the Puerto Plata, Santiago & Santo Domingo Carribe Tours route.

Click to see picClick to see picClick to see pic

I have driven to many of the main destinations in the Dominican Republic and although I enjoy the freedom that driving provides I am reassessing the risk versus reward of driving in the Dominican Republic.

Although I have Casa Conductor insurance on my vehicle I got into a couple of accidents that were not reported to the authorities all of which cost me money and have made me very apprehensive about driving in the Dominican Republic. It appears to me that even when the extranjero is right he is wrong.

Another problem is the roads. There are very few roads in the Dominican Republic that match the United States Interstate system in terms of road quality and construction. The road that has cost me the most money is the Puerto Plata Navarette Highway in between Puerto Plata and Santiago. It is a two lane road full of post holes and debris. Not to mention because it is a two lane highway that is used by big truck and semi tractor trailers the traffic not only destroys the pavement that traffic moves slower so there is always faster traffic that is crossing the center line and crazy speeds to get around slower traffic which can be quite frightening at times.

In the 2 years I have had my truck I have had to replace a set of tires and bent 2 rims, 1 of them twice due to road conditions. Fortunately I was able to repair the rims without replacing them which would have been very expensive. I never understood why there are so many tire shops in the Dominican Republic until now.

Due to my experiences driving I am more strategic and calculating about when and where I will drive.

Santo Domingo is a great diversion

I enjoy Santo Domingo as a diversion from the restaurants hotels malls shopping and of course the chicas but it's a crazy city with MADDDD traffic problems so for me I wouldn't want to live there. I spent New Years in Santo Domingo with a couple of chicas and brought in 2018 without much fan fare.
    I have been around the island dozens of times. Enough that I really don't care to do it much any more, but that may be an age thing too. Getting girls in the campo is like shooting fish in a barrel though.

As far as driving in Santo Domingo, it's a nightmare if you haven't adapted to how Dominicans drive. It's an art form that takes a long time to get good at, and I say that in all seriousness. There's a method to the madness. I've only had a couple of fender benders here in all my years, and I'm convinced it's because I'm accustomed to driving here. One thing I will tell you, speed is your mortal enemy in this country.

You also have to know the different routes from any one point to another, and you have to learn the idiosyncrasies of many major intersections or you can end up sitting in one spot forever. Knowing shortcuts and secondary routes to every destination is imperative. If you don't, it's an incredibly frustrating experience.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,226 Times in 3,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I have been around the island dozens of times. Enough that I really don't care to do it much any more, but that may be an age thing too. Getting girls in the campo is like shooting fish in a barrel though.

As far as driving in Santo Domingo, it's a nightmare if you haven't adapted to how Dominicans drive. It's an art form that takes a long time to get good at, and I say that in all seriousness. There's a method to the madness. I've only had a couple of fender benders here in all my years, and I'm convinced it's because I'm accustomed to driving here. One thing I will tell you, speed is your mortal enemy in this country.

You also have to know the different routes from any one point to another, and you have to learn the idiosyncrasies of many major intersections or you can end up sitting in one spot forever. Knowing shortcuts and secondary routes to every destination is imperative. If you don't, it's an incredibly frustrating experience.

That's why I don't drive in SD, unless its the weekend or Semana Santa.
    i use one cabbie that knows all parts of the city and how to get around traffic jams. Also I like it because when I need to go to a government building or some store on the other side of town, he knows how to get there. Many cabbies still have to stop and ask for directions.

I would have had many accidents if I had to find these places.
    I'm a Payer not a Player

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I live near Sosua. After the first time driving to Santo Domingo many years ago I have taken the bus every time after that due to the traffic and other city hassles that come with driving a car. The bus feels safer and easier, only a bit boring. When in Santo Domingo taxi's are generally plentiful and after you get a few taxi phone numbers you will likely never be stuck anywhere. If your staying in central Santo Domingo, everything is within a 250 pesos taxi ride. I would like to spend a bit more time there in the future if I can.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Back in Sosua

My relationship with Sosua is cyclical one minute I love it the next minute I hate it. The attitude of the new breed of chics is a turn off however there are still gems to be found you simply have to have the patience to mine them.

I have spent a lot of time with El Toro and other friends in Sosua recently partly for the fellowship but the other part is so Puerto Plata has been slow for me recently. At one time I had over a dozen numbers of Puerto Plata chics most of all have been deleted. Some I deleted and some deleted me...haaaaaaaaaaaaa!...I guess I have been a BADD gringo.

I was not in Sosua for the entire holiday season but reports reveal talent was meager at best.

• File Type: jpg 3.jpg (169.9 KB, 1063 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (191.0 KB, 1062 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (172.4 KB, 1055 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (154.4 KB, 1043 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (190.3 KB, 1080 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (206.3 KB, 1093 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (204.8 KB, 1102 vistas)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,134 Times in 303 Posts

The Sosua chicas are getting uglier all the time. Most have fat asses...either naturally or by injections. They love their one piece suits which makes them look even fatter. Things have really gone down hill in the past years. They don't have the pride they used to have. Also, I can't believe the chicas I see driving vehicles and pasolas. Western Union is still booming!

20. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sopranostingray For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

It's like they're convinced they have to be big and sloppy to get business. I'll pass. One of the regulars blew up like a balloon. I took her anyway because we've always had a good relationship. Back at the hotel I couldn't even get an erection. After years of dealing with her flaca the gorda her was a complete turn off. I paid her and took her back to the strip.

Quote Originally Posted by sopranostingray View Post
    The Sosua chicas are getting uglier all the time. Most have fat asses...either naturally or by injections. They love their one piece suits which makes them look even fatter. Things have really gone down hill in the past years. They don't have the pride they used to have. Also, I can't believe the chicas I see driving vehicles and pasolas. Western Union is still booming!

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    It's like they're convinced they have to be big and sloppy to get business. I'll pass. One of the regulars blew up like a balloon. I took her anyway because we've always had a good relationship. Back at the hotel I couldn't even get an erection. After years of dealing with her flaca the gorda her was a complete turn off. I paid her and took her back to the strip.
    Fat turns me off also.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic City Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Between 26 and 30 years old, many of them expand to gorda proportions. Some sooner...some later... There are plenty of guys that like a bigger chica with the big ass.

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jose1234 View Post
    Between 26 and 30 years old, many of them expand to gorda proportions. Some sooner...some later... There are plenty of guys that like a bigger chica with the big ass.
    The only times it matters is when they are your wife.

In our
    cases, when they go above 110 pounds, NEXT!

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic City Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic City Jimmy View Post
    The only times it matters is when they are your wife.

In our
    cases, when they go above 110 pounds, NEXT!

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Every year just before Christmas until about now, many of the Chicas go back home for the holidays. Things will be back to normal beginning this weekend in Sosua. They should be hungry and motivated.

32. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Turistas Normal en Sosua

• File Type: jpg g1.jpg (95.6 KB, 1051 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg g2.jpg (69.5 KB, 1012 vistas)
    • File Type: jpg g3.jpg (120.2 KB, 1056 vistas)

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information