Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 01/2018 - The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 01/2018 - The Saga Continues Camaro 2018.

El Monumento de Santiago

I met a chic on Dominican Cupid from La Vega. La Vega is about 30 minutes south of Santiago so I met her in La Vega and we went to Santiago to have lunch and visit the Monument.

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

The view from on top of the Monument is very nice

6.jpg7.jpg
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (198.7 KB, 21 vistas)

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    El Monumento de Santiago

I met a chic on Dominican Cupid from La Vega. La Vega is about 30 minutes south of Santiago so I met her in La Vega and we went to Santiago to have lunch and visit the Monument.

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

6.jpg7.jpg

Did you climb to the top?
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Did you climb to the top?
    Yessssssssssssur that's where I took the view pictures...but my date was winded and she had to sit down...haaaaaaaaa!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

El Monumento de Santiago

1.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

6.jpg7.jpg

Aquilas Cibaenas

Part of the monument space has a section for Santiago's professional baseball team Aguila Cibaenas

team1.jpgteam2.jpgteam3.jpg

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Puerto de Sol, Santiago

Puerto de Sol is one of the restaurants that faces the Monument in Santiago.

rest1.jpgrest2.jpgrest3.jpg

I have been several times in the past but this time I was very disappointed with the service and the food. I had salmon

rest4.jpg

My date enjoyed her meal but I was not impressed there was not much flavor to anything I ate. I wasn't impressed with my waiter either. When I paid the bill I left a tip he said nothing and appeared to be cold and distant. I left thinking I could have kept my money...SMDH!

IDK maybe it was me or maybe it was just the service that day but I could have went to another restaurant for a better experience.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

WTF?????????

Tinder is one of the resources I use to meet chics. It has a cell phone app that let's you know people who are in your area. You can like them and they have the option of sending you a message. Recently I got a hit from this one.

IMG-20180316-WA0076.jpg

Something wasn't right so I asked...

InkedIMG-20180316-WA0077_LI.jpg

A sign of the times we now have to ask, are you a man or a woman????????? WTF is the world coming to?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

WTF?????????

Tinder is one of the resources I use to meet chics. It has a cell phone app that let's you know people who are in your area. You can like them and they have the option of sending you a message. Recently I got a hit from this one.

IMG-20180316-WA0076.jpg

Something wasn't right so I asked...

InkedIMG-20180316-WA0077_LI.jpg

A sign of the times we now have to ask, are you a man or a woman????????? WTF is the world coming to?
    A tranny!! OMG!!!!

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Gotta be careful on the local classifieds.. They're swamped with them. A lot of them give normal girls a run for their money in the looks department.

There's one well known one in SD who is drop dead hot and has a baseball bat between her legs. Imagine her walking out of the bathroom. Better yet, don't.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

La Playa Puerto Plata

I met a chic on Cupid from La Vega and she came to see me in Puerto Plata so we decided to go to the beach.

I have been living here for over 3 years and I have been to Costumbar, Sosua and Cabarette beach countless times but this was my first time going to Playa Puerto Plata on the Malecon. There is an entrance through the Neptune Bar and Lounge which also is a restaurant that serves the beach clientele.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

The beach was quiet with not very many people. There are times when the water is dirty due to the tide but this day the water was decent and the breeze and the sound of the waves was soothing.

8.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

The restaurant had a decent menu with the typical items. I had salmon and salad which was delicious and I tasted my dates fried mero which was great too!

12.jpg20180319_161343.jpg

The prices were very economical I paid 1000 pesos for both meals, I have paid 1000 pesos for 1 salmon plate so I was very satisfied with the prices and the food.

I heard bad things about Puerto Plata beach as far as the water being dirty etc but I enjoyed the experience it was a great day and both me and my date enjoyed ourselves.

17. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

This beach area was cleaned up like this when the Cruise Ship arrived. This is on of the excursions for the passengers. On the days that the ships are in, you will see heavy police presence as well in the malecon area.

La Playa Puerto Plata

I met a chic on Cupid from La Vega and she came to see me in Puerto Plata so we decided to go to the beach.

I have been living here for over 3 years and I have been to Costumbar, Sosua and Cabarette beach countless times but this was my first time going to Playa Puerto Plata on the Malecon. There is an entrance through the Neptune Bar and Lounge which also is a restaurant that serves the beach clientele.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

The beach was quiet with not very many people. There are times when the water is dirty due to the tide but this day the water was decent and the breeze and the sound of the waves was soothing.

8.jpg10.jpg11.jpg

The restaurant had a decent menu with the typical items. I had salmon and salad which was delicious and I tasted my dates fried mero which was great too!

12.jpg20180319_161343.jpg

The prices were very economical I paid 1000 pesos for both meals, I have paid 1000 pesos for 1 salmon plate so I was very satisfied with the prices and the food.

I heard bad things about Puerto Plata beach as far as the water being dirty etc but I enjoyed the experience it was a great day and both me and my date enjoyed ourselves.

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Dominican Efficiency

I joined the Plan Nacional de Regularizacion de Extranjeros about 2 and half years ago. About a month ago I went through what was supposed to be the final stage to receive a temporary residency cedula that would be good for 2 years. They have given me 2 dates to receive my cedula and each has come and gone without it arriving at the Puerto Plata immigration office.

I have to return to the United States to prepare my taxes so I booked a flight after the cedula was supposed to arrive. The problem is it has been reported that some Haitians and ex-pats who have had extended stays have not been permitted to re-enter the country after leaving and they have been sent back to their respective countries.

I have heard of several ex-pats who have come and gone with no problems but also heard of those being deported. Therefore what to do? Do I take a chance on leaving and when I come back I cannot enter without my cedula? I asked the immigration officials what to do and they sent me to the immigration office in Santo Domingo.

I went thinking I could do everything in 1 day but I was sadly mistaken.

20180328_132214.jpg

What a CLUSTER!!!!!!!!!! First they sent me to the main office to see if my cedula was ready ...NOT...I have to wait 2 more weeks...yeah right you said that 2 weeks ago...CONYO!

Then I had to make copies of my passport and several other forms and upload them to their web site. The problem is although I had my laptop with me I did not have a way to duplicate and upload the required information. I had to go to a copy store and use their computers. I went back to the website was very difficult to navigate and there was information required that I did not have.

Do not ask me why but the staff at the information desk are not permitted to physically help you...which makes absolutely no sense since the process is so complicated but I finally got someone to walk me through the process.

I had to come back the next day after completing the on-line process. I literally went to 5 different stations within a 6 hour period of time. It reminded me of when I was in the military ...hurry up and wait.

One benefit was I got to see some cuties working the desk

20180328_123433.jpg20180328_124831.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get a better photo but she was absolutely gorgeous!

Finally they give me a re-entry card that permits me to come and go for about 6 months however my residency should be ready by then. The bottom line is I had to spend 7000 pesos in fees to get the re-entry card 2 days in a hotel food taxi fare etc. all because my cedula was not ready on two separate dates that the immigration officials had given me. So I was penalized for someone else's inefficiency...that makes sense doesn't it????????

I could have thought of several points were the process could be made much simpler but that would be too easy. At least I got to see a great sunrise my last day in Santo Domingo.

20180328_063810.jpg

Bienvenidos a la Republica Dominicana!

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Back in Sosua

I had a restful vacation and didn't get hit too hard by the tax man which was a good thing. Normally American Airlines from Atlanta to Puerto Plata connects in Miami this time I got a connecting flight in Charlotte. I was surprised the flight from Charlotte to Puerto Plata was not full and there were not a bunch of obvious mongers. It was a very laid back flight.
    One way flights from ATL -POP were between just over $300 - just over $500 I stayed an extra week to catch the lower fare. It never ceases to amaze the disparity in air fares.

A few days after I got back I met with Bailar for lunch in Sosua and saw the following:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Back in Sosua

I had a restful vacation and didn't get hit too hard by the tax man which was a good thing. Normally American Airlines from Atlanta to Puerto Plata connects in Miami this time I got a connecting flight in Charlotte. I was surprised the flight from Charlotte to Puerto Plata was not full and there were not a bunch of obvious mongers. It was a very laid back flight.
    One way flights from ATL -POP were between just over $300 - just over $500 I stayed an extra week to catch the lower fare. It never ceases to amaze the disparity in air fares.

A few days after I got back I met with Bailar for lunch in Sosua and saw the following:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Back in Sosua

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
    I've been meaning to ask you.. did you take advantage of the Foreign Tax Credit? Kinda late to ask.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I've been meaning to ask you.. did you take advantage of the Foreign Tax Credit? Kinda late to ask.
    Nope...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

I wouldnt think he would really have much of anything to claim since it is generally a credit for foreign taxes paid on earned and investment income

while he is investing well in the chicas and getting a return on his investment luckily the dr is not taxing his investment return on putas

at least not yet. 😀
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    I wouldnt think he would really have much of anything to claim since it is generally a credit for foreign taxes paid on earned and investment income

while he is investing well in the chicas and getting a return on his investment luckily the dr is not taxing his investment return on putas

at least not yet. 😀
    Foreign Tax Credit

Screenshot_20180429-131852.png

I do not believe I am eligible do to the fact I paid no income tax to a foreign government that I can deduct. However Mr. Happy advised that if you live abroad for over 300 days your first $90,000.00 is tax free. I have already filed so I will investigate next year.

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Dominican Efficiency

I joined the Plan Nacional de Regularizacion de Extranjeros about 2 and half years ago. About a month ago I went through what was supposed to be the final stage to receive a temporary residency cedula that would be good for 2 years. They have given me 2 dates to receive my cedula and each has come and gone without it arriving at the Puerto Plata immigration office.

I have to return to the United States to prepare my taxes so I booked a flight after the cedula was supposed to arrive. The problem is it has been reported that some Haitians and ex-pats who have had extended stays have not been permitted to re-enter the country after leaving and they have been sent back to their respective countries.

I have heard of several ex-pats who have come and gone with no problems but also heard of those being deported. Therefore what to do? Do I take a chance on leaving and when I come back I cannot enter without my cedula? I asked the immigration officials what to do and they sent me to the immigration office in Santo Domingo.

I went thinking I could do everything in 1 day but I was sadly mistaken.

20180328_132214.jpg

What a CLUSTER!!!!!!!!!! First they sent me to the main office to see if my cedula was ready ...NOT...I have to wait 2 more weeks...yeah right you said that 2 weeks ago...CONYO!

Then I had to make copies of my passport and several other forms and upload them to their web site. The problem is although I had my laptop with me I did not have a way to duplicate and upload the required information. I had to go to a copy store and use their computers. I went back to the website was very difficult to navigate and there was information required that I did not have.

Do not ask me why but the staff at the information desk are not permitted to physically help you...which makes absolutely no sense since the process is so complicated but I finally got someone to walk me through the process.

I had to come back the next day after completing the on-line process. I literally went to 5 different stations within a 6 hour period of time. It reminded me of when I was in the military ...hurry up and wait.

One benefit was I got to see some cuties working the desk

20180328_123433.jpg20180328_124831.jpg

Sorry I couldn't get a better photo but she was absolutely gorgeous!

Finally they give me a re-entry card that permits me to come and go for about 6 months however my residency should be ready by then. The bottom line is I had to spend 7000 pesos in fees to get the re-entry card 2 days in a hotel food taxi fare etc. all because my cedula was not ready on two separate dates that the immigration officials had given me. So I was penalized for someone else's inefficiency...that makes sense doesn't it????????

I could have thought of several points were the process could be made much simpler but that would be too easy. At least I got to see a great sunrise my last day in Santo Domingo.

20180328_063810.jpg

Bienvenidos a la Republica Dominicana!
    I would be curious to know more about ex-pat not being granted access into the DR, or being deported. Does anybody know of a pattern that is being used? And for extended stay does anybody know what is too long to stay that could flag you for being denied re-entry? Also, could it be the airport that you enter from...

Thanks,
    Peace...

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to realkewl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realkewl View Post
    I would be curious to know more about ex-pat not being granted access into the DR, or being deported. Does anybody know of a pattern that is being used? And for extended stay does anybody know what is too long to stay that could flag you for being denied re-entry? Also, could it be the airport that you enter from...

Thanks,
    Peace...
    I have no other information

Last edited by camaro1257; 05-03-2018 at 07:19 AM.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realkewl View Post

Thanks,
    Peace...

Another piece

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information