Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 02/2018 - Fares too high?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,128 Times in 3,034 Posts

Re: 02/2018 - Fares too high?

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    DAMN YOU WESTY
    UNITED IS OFFERING FREE rebookings thru feb 13th but I am going to wait it out as the plane is almost empty now and my hotels are non refundable
    The damn storm will now meander over to the East Coast. hope it clears up by the 14th.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,341 Times in 10,416 Posts

I'm going to try to never fly within a week of westy!!!

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,259 Times in 11,767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    DAMN YOU WESTY
    UNITED IS OFFERING FREE rebookings thru feb 13th but I am going to wait it out as the plane is almost empty now and my hotels are non refundable
    I'm sure everything will go swimmingly ... just like in 2016 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Westy on way to airport on Monday

Actually, the trouble is all tonight and tomorrow ... the Sunday forecast is encouraging:

Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,259 Times in 11,767 Posts

Just one thing I want to say to the National Weather Service about this ...

Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,261 Times in 7,381 Posts

Was an absolutely gorgeous 73 degree day here in Sacramento. And all flights were departing and arriving on time.

Ah......California!!!!

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Was an absolutely gorgeous 73 degree day here in Sacramento. And all flights were departing and arriving on time.

Ah......California!!!!
    snow or earthquakes

ah I will take the snow

the earthquake's epicenter was located about six miles south-southwest of Napa and 51 miles west-southwest of Sacramento. ABC News station KGO in San Francisco reported several fires and damaged buildings in Napa. More than 15,000 customers were without power, according to Pacific Gas and Electric Company.

https://twitter.com/Lyalldavenport/s...807808/photo/1
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: 10/2017 - INVASION - boca chica feb 19-28 2018

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Air Fare

WAS - MBJ = $505 (3.5 hours direct/ 6+ one-stop)

WAS - NBO = $707 (no direct/ 17-20 hours one-stop)

Lodging (comparable)

Negril = $55/ night

Mtwapa = $35/ night

Dinner

Negril = $10

Mtwapa = $6

Beer (bar price)

Negril = $3.00

Mtwapa = $1.40 - $1.75

Pum-Pum (comparable Ho's)

Negril = $35 Up

Mtwapa = $15 Up

Airport transfer

MBJ to Negril = $25 Up (1.5 hr trip)

MBA - Mtwapa = $12 Uber, 20 - $25 taxi (30 minute trip)

Ho's

Negril = Entitled, most won't even consider oral, quick to ask for unreasonable amounts ($200)

Mtwapa = Grateful, will do anything to make you want to come back....anything with a smile....happy with what you can give them

My personal experience places the difference between a mongering trip to Negril as opposed to Mtwapa on the same level as the difference between a mongering trip to Miami as opposed to Santo Domingo.
    like usual Greydread is right on da money.....
    thankfully mi have Southwest with it's two flights a day to Montego Bay Jamaica and airfare one way via TPA is $136 going down...
    and around $176 coming back to Tampa Florida....dem really kicking Spirit and American asses right now....yah mon
    the kicker is the free carryon and two checked bags.......wow

vast majority of mi machine gurls come off of FB these days.....sometimes a friend of a friend refers mi to a girl....
    weed da machine gurls out after some chatting and get rid of the big money gurls.....
    mi don't talk money with the gurls.......and if money comes up mi usually getting the wrong kind of gurl....
    or if mi get let's meet for dinner and drinks those are also the wrong gurls for this guy too.......
    mi not going thru as many gurls as the past....first because mi GFE Petersfield is around a lot....and second is that mi getting older

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Re: 10/2017 - INVASION - boca chica feb 19-28 2018

Quote Originally Posted by SeaWeed View Post
    like usual Greydread is right on da money.....
    thankfully mi have Southwest with it's two flights a day to Montego Bay Jamaica and airfare one way via TPA is $136 going down...
    and around $176 coming back to Tampa Florida....dem really kicking Spirit and American asses right now....yah mon
    the kicker is the free carryon and two checked bags.......wow
    That is the beauty of being able to make your own travel schedule as opposed to ducking out between project goals the way I have been doing for the past few years. I have to stick to exact dates when traveling and if my travel includes a holiday weekend then there's a premium to be paid for that. If I don't have time for an overnight layover there's a price for that, too.

Too many times, I don't get to complete my travel arrangements until within 6 weeks of a trip in order to avoid rescheduling fees from the airlines and I have taken to using Booking.com almost exclusively for lodging. They're not the cheapest, nor do they have the greatest selection but the fact that I can change my booking almost up to the day before the trip keeps them close to my heart. I have spent a shit load of money on 1st nights of cancelled trips over the years and that money is much better directed to my "fun-money" entertainment budget.

Speaking of travel budgets, I've seen opinions in some of these threads that setting budgets for travel is somehow limiting the fun one can expect when exactly the opposite is true. A budget isn't some kind of "limitation". A budget is a plan and any Man venturing out of his corner of the world who doesn't have a plan is about to learn a lesson and the farther from home, the harder the lesson. I pretty much live the same type of life when abroad that I live when not traveling (with the exception of getting up and going to work, of course). I like home cooking at home and I like home cooking on vacation so I probably eat out no more on vacation than I do at home when I can get a place with a full kitchen. In the past 40 years I have traded speed, endurance and flexibility for strength, smarts and money and that shit didn't happen by accident. I am not on any regular medication at 63 because I crush my own garlic, slice my own ginger, tomatoes and onions and include these ingredients in most of the meals I prepare. Turmeric, lemongrass, basil, radish, endives, chives, cilantro, basil and about a thousand other inexpensive and readily available dietary additions all serve to enhance the meal and add to the nourishment provided, therein. The average mothafucka would be astonished at how much of the conversations with the Women I meet around the world include cooking and nourishment and naturepathic methodology. I have a shelf full of books on the subject that I've collected over the generations and I can credit the knowledge gleaned from them for personally overcoming ulcers, colitis and a bunch of other maladies which I encountered in my younger days when I didn't give a shit what was on the menu as long as it filled the hole and tasted good. But I digress...

I think that the JDR goal of eventually moving to FL to have access to a lower cost of living, elimination of state income tax and increased access to the Caribbean, Central and South America is solid. Add to that plan the fact that he will be in a position to plan his travel to afford the best breaks the airline industry has to give (Tues-Thurs with overnight Sat) on direct flights and I think that like Seaweed, he will eventually find his sweet spot (probably already decided) and stick to it with an occasional side trip to wherever. Proof that Punani is like chicken. Nobody doesn't like chicken but we all like different cuts and preparation methods. Dark meat. white meat, breast, thigh, baked, fried, broiled, roasted or in a stew. Just like Punani. We just have to figure out how to get there in the most efficient way possible.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Speaking of fares too high....Asia is amazing how low it is to fly there this spring...

looking at end of april may....660 round trip jfk mnl on cathay.....damn...it is not worth using miles for that......

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Speaking of fares too high....Asia is amazing how low it is to fly there this spring...

looking at end of april may....660 round trip jfk mnl on cathay.....damn...it is not worth using miles for that......
    Those fares are amazing, United is about the same price.

The fares on American have been creeping up but can still be had for 850-1,000.

I have a $200 voucher on United to use up so something around 450-500 is a no brainer after the voucher just allows more trips there this year as time allows

Hard to justify a trip to the DR when it is so cheap to go to Asia.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,182 Times in 3,147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    Those fares are amazing, United is about the same price.

The fares on American have been creeping up but can still be had for 850-1,000.

I have a $200 voucher on United to use up so something around 450-500 is a no brainer after the voucher just allows more trips there this year as time allows

Hard to justify a trip to the DR when it is so cheap to go to Asia.
    You need to go.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atlantic City Jimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlantic City Jimmy View Post
    You need to go.
    I probably will but not until end of April or first of May I don't have the time before that

Last year I went the first part of July and enjoyed it than to

Hell the has never been I time of year that I haven't enjoyed Thailand but I do try to stay away during the peak of rainy season

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information