Thread: Where to watch World Cop semi-final on Wednesday 2pm July 11th?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Where to watch World Cop semi-final on Wednesday 2pm July 11th?

I watched England v Sweden in the company of another (and more senior and respected) ISOC member. We were in the recently renovated Rumba bar.

Apart from a manager/supervisor (?) and his friend, who were not really watching the match, we were alone in the large room, with a choice of six large screens all showing the match. I enjoyed a good breakfast.

Sounds ideal, but the picture quality was so blurred that I could not recognize the players or read their shirt numbers. And the sound was deafening and blurred too, so that I could not understand the commentary in American English.

Any better ideas? Is El Rey's Birthday Bar still going? And, if so, is he sure to show the match and not some other more American sporting event?

I have watched all the World Cup matches so far at home on my laptop using pirate internet channels. They drop out from time to time and if their is a power outage I am fucked. Even if the power returns quickly I need my landlord to be at home to reboot the internet connection. Now England have reached the semi-final (and hopefully final) stage I would appreciate more security. I am unlikely to be still around for the next World Cup so this is probably my last chance. Now Hemingway's is closed in Playa Dorada I do not know anywhere in Puerto Plata I can watch.

Last World Cup I watched a match with ErikS in Field of Dreams. We had to bribe them to show it, and even then it was with no sound while they played deafening Dembow at the bar. Not ideal.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 113,284 Times in 14,580 Posts

Re: Where to watch World Cop semi-final on Wednesday 2pm July 11th?

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I watched England v Sweden in the company of another (and more senior and respected) ISOC member. We were in the recently renovated Rumba bar.

Apart from a manager/supervisor (?) and his friend, who were not really watching the match, we were alone in the large room, with a choice of six large screens all showing the match. I enjoyed a good breakfast.

Sounds ideal, but the picture quality was so blurred that I could not recognize the players or read their shirt numbers. And the sound was deafening and blurred too, so that I could not understand the commentary in American English.

Any better ideas? Is El Rey's Birthday Bar still going? And, if so, is he sure to show the match and not some other more American sporting event?

I have watched all the World Cup matches so far at home on my laptop using pirate internet channels. They drop out from time to time and if their is a power outage I am fucked. Even if the power returns quickly I need my landlord to be at home to reboot the internet connection. Now England have reached the semi-final (and hopefully final) stage I would appreciate more security. I am unlikely to be still around for the next World Cup so this is probably my last chance. Now Hemingway's is closed in Playa Dorada I do not know anywhere in Puerto Plata I can watch.

Last World Cup I watched a match with ErikS in Field of Dreams. We had to bribe them to show it, and even then it was with no sound while they played deafening Dembow at the bar. Not ideal.
    El rays place is still there on the road as you head to the beach but he has renamed it Flop Flop.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,340 Times in 1,266 Posts

Tropical Bar on the Malecon is a good place on Wed to watch. The place will be crowded on Tues, not sure about Wed unless Belgium wins, then they may still be there celebrating from the day b 4

http://www.sosuanews.mobi/index.php?id=5243
    “I don’t know the question, but sex is definitely the answer.”

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steviewonder For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

I watched England v Sweden in the company of another (and more senior and respected) ISOC member. .

and who would that be
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    and who would that be
    Senior in length of membership and prestige. Not of course in age. Am I now the oldest active member?

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Senior in length of membership and prestige. Not of course in age. Am I now the oldest active member?
    I think you are
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...r=asc&sort=age

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,253 Times in 7,381 Posts

Weyland, I would go to El Reys to watch the match. Being a Wednesday, the game will probably be on most, if not all, his tv's and I'm sure there will have a good crowd, so I would arrive at least a half hour before it starts.

Plus there is some great tasting food and drink at reasonable prices. I think you'll have a great time, especially if with a couple of mates. You might even be able to reserve a couple seats at the bar or a table if you call ahead.

If I was in Sosua, thats where I would go. Best of luck, hoping England can take two more and then have the country shut down for a week.

15. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 114,003 Times in 10,353 Posts

Would have enjoyed being open for it, but vacation time beckoned.

I'll pm you where the most of the local Brits are going.....if that has interest. May even go myself.
    Vida es buena....

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    I think you'll have a great time, especially if with a couple of mates.
    I don't have that many mates. I am too grumpy and sarcastic and I never buy a round.

In the English countryside, the oldest inhabitant of the village sits alone in the corner of the pub waiting for tourists to buy him a pint. I tried that here but it doesn't work.

I may scrape up one mate for Wednesday.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 20,125 Times in 3,033 Posts

I don't have that many mates. I am too grumpy and sarcastic and I never buy a round.

In the English countryside, the oldest inhabitant of the village sits alone in the corner of the pub waiting for tourists to buy him a pint. I tried that here but it doesn't work.

I may scrape up one mate for Wednesday.
    Its quite amazing how many folks there stick to their roots and never migrate too far from their village or local pubs.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to CentralNJDude For This Useful Post:

Thread Information