Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 02/2019 - Rick from Rocky's is back tending to your every need!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 634 Posts

02/2019 - Rick from Rocky's is back tending to your every need!

Hi guys,

I know you have all have heard my story and it is all true. But I have to say that none of you, not one person on this planet knows what I was going through in 2006 when I did what I did. I weighed 380 pounds, had an equally fat wife and got sex twice a year, whether I needed it or not (That she knew about). At the time I was 48, went and saw my doctor who told me that if I didn't change my ways that I would be dead by 50. Well that struck me profoundly as you can well imagine.

I can remember meeting guys like TNT72, Mr. Smooth, Mr. Happy, Yayou and so many more for the very first time. Those are some fantastic memories.

In 2008 after stealing almost a million dollars from my employer. Not that what I did was in any way acceptable, but even the judge at my sentencing said that I really didn't hurt anybody seeing the company I stole from had almost 3 billion dollars cash in the bank. Most steal from unsuspecting people who can ill afford to lose the money. I would never in a million years do anything like that to anyone who couldn't afford it. This company had and still continues to have billions in cash reserve in the bank. I moved to the DR, Sosua and got to know Marco, Milka and all of you. I cherish all the time I got to spend with the brotherhood of ISCO. Many of whom I helped along the way including one who arrived at my hotel so drunk that he didn't even realize that he almost lost his total nest egg to Dominican tigres who almost relieved him of his $4,000 US cash. He was falling down drunk at 2 in the afternoon with all this cash on him. I took his cash, put it in my safe and gave it back to him, YES all of it to the penny the very next morning after he was done with the tigres and after he sobered up. I'm sure you remember that buddy. You know who you are. I could say, but I won't.

Another coming down to enjoy a well deserved weekend getaway who even brought me a high end bottle of Tequila to celebrate, got wrongfully accused of abusing a woman and was sent to jail in Puerto Plata. Many of the brotherhood worked 2 days to get him released, this just after the laws were changed to take the woman's word over the mans. He was facing 1 year in preventative custody but with some well placed phone calls and a few words and pesos to those who mattered, we got him out in 2 days. The hotel he was staying at wouldn't even offer up the video proving he was innocent. Many of us tried to get it but were refused. Rocky's Hotel and Mary Rose condos both have video and if it is ever needed to prove the innocence of one of our guests, well you can be assured that we will definitely make sure the police have it.

I am not making excuses, What I did was wrong. I get that. I paid my debt to society and have return 4/5ths of the stolen money to the company I stole it from. Although I deeply regret my actions in 2006 that lead me on this path, I thank God for all the friendships I made along the way. I wouldn't be married to Milka today if I had not done what I did. Yes, we remain firmly in love. In fact, we have something that is extremely rare in this world, true love. She has visited me in Canada about a dozen times the last 4 years and we are expecting our first child together, a little girl, exactly what Milka always wanted. We are SO happy.

To continue, if I had not done what I did, my niece Krista would have never met Wilson who have been married now for 10 years and have a beautiful daughter together. My brother Rob would have never met my sister in law, Ruth who are now living together, very happily and are engaged to be married and my other niece, Jamie who just recently became engaged to marry a terrific Dominican man whom I consider a brother.

Guys, I can't help but notice that Milka and I have been all but abandoned by the ISOC brotherhood. I totally understand that many of you are apprehensive about staying with us but I can assure you that unless you have 2 or 3 billion dollars in the bank (Kidding, I learned my lesson and will never again break the law) that neither Milka or I would be the least bit interested in stealing from you or ever take advantage of you, in fact we will protect you with ever fibre of our being and I can assure you that we will take care of you while you are with us. I have learned my lesson and will never knowingly break the law ever again. Hell I even come to a full stop at stop signs now. I'm not even sure that the powers that be at ISOC will even let this post stand but at least I tried. At least I reached out. At least I wanted to let you know that I am still alive, ready, willing and able to satisfy your accommodation needs.

Take care all and have a great vacation. wherever your travels take you.

Rick

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: 02/2019 - Rick from Rocky's is back tending to your every need!

And he is back.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

To be totally clear, I am not back in Sosua yet although I do respond to each and every email we receive. I hope to be back in Sosua within the next month and I really hope to see some very old friends then. I am living in Southern Ontario where the weather is balmy, (Not quite like Sosua) but nice none the less and looking very much forward to meeting up with many of you once again.

Some will be very disappointed. I gave up drinking. In my time in Sosua, I was trying desperately to drink myself to death to escape the reality I was facing. Many of you probably noticed that. I was a bad bad drunk. Well, I don't feel that way any longer having paid my debt to society and after returning nearly 800 thousand dollars to the company I stole it from. I am a much nicer drunk now seeing that I don't drink :-)

Looking very much forward to a renewed future with the support of my old friends from ISOC.

Take care,

Rick

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Glad to hear that you are doing well. As time changes many of us old timers have moved on to different locations.
    GodSpeed and good luck with the baby.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,367 Times in 205 Posts

Hello Rick, Great to hear that things are back on track for you. I saw Milka last week and she looked wonderful. Looking forward to seeing you soon here in Sosua! Lets get wet! It's been quite a while since you were last diving! Time to renew your Instructors ticket! Until then! Ciao!

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to captain69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,334 Times in 1,113 Posts

Hey Rick,

Welcome back.. You were, indeed, my 1st contact in Sosua and you made my visits there enjoyable. Glad to hear you are doing well now.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kitie carson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OMG. I can't believe any of you who supported us in the past who now have nothing to say in my post. TNT72, after all the things I did for you along the way. You, me and Naptime (and many others) had fucking fantastic times together brother, and please you have to admit, I saved your fucking ass brother. And everyone else (Balcoach) when I was there for all of you through thick and thin through all those years. I was always there for you. Remember the bottle of wine I bought at your bar to help you out to get started? Where are you now.....

Fuck ya, I admit it without shame, I made a huge mistake. I paid my dues. I've spent my time in prison, I've paid my debt to society, what about you?

None of us are innocent. Especially you Mr. Happy...….. LOL kidding, you are probably the kindest soul I have ever had the privilege to meet.

I have met many kind souls on my journey to this point in my life.

I'm done. Support us or no. I just don't give a damn anymore except for Milka.

So, after all that I've done, and don't fool yourselves. After all the shit you may have done as well, (really? YOU! no one is without sin)

I would ask that you come back and support my wife Milka at Rocky's and Trade Winds, after all, she has never done anything against any of you and ask anybody you want, anywhere, anytime...… neither have I.

I thank you all for those who have supported us in the past and we look forward to those who may help us out in the future because you know for sure, with our past dealings with the brotherhood of ISOC, Milka and I will always be there for you and we will always have your back when you need us most. (Right? all of you who only spent one night or maybe two nights in a Dominican jail when you knew it should really have been longer OR those of you who shouldn't have be there at all)

Come back brothers. Milka and I can't wait to see you all again sometime in the future.

Take care everyone.

Rick (Still the owner of Rocky's, our Trade Winds condos and manager of Mary Rose condos)
    Last edited by Dafishguy; 03-08-2019 at 11:49 PM.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post
    OMG.
    I can't believe any of you who supported us in the past who now have nothing to say in my post.
    time makes things easier so sit back and chill

no cense making things worse by going on a rant

I have been on both sides of the bars and people avoid you like the plague after but that doesn't mean for ever...….. you just have to show remorse or explain without excuses same as you did for your parole hearing

if I was still going to the dr I would buy an order of ribs and bring a bottle of crown for the bar but I don't get that way much these days

sit back and shovel more snow spring is coming
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

17. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to whynotme For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post
    OMG. I can't believe any of you who supported us in the past who now have nothing to say in my post. TNT72, after all the things I did for you along the way. You, me and Naptime (and many others) had fucking fantastic times together brother, and please you have to admit, I saved your fucking ass brother. And everyone else (Balcoach) when I was there for all of you through thick and thin through all those years. I was always there for you. Remember the bottle of wine I bought at your bar to help you out to get started? Where are you now.....

Ya know or don't know that I am an accountant.

I was on a real estate job in 1994-1997.

They owned 150 properties.

Well will they were building it in the 80's, the book keeper helped herself to many millions of dollars.

The owners wife thought she and him were having an affair.

They weren't but her lifestyle lead them to the discovery.

She did a few years in jail and they recovered nothing.

Claiming that it was a mistake is bullshit. People get lazy and want a short cut.

We can all steal money. Why I wouldn't do it would be that I would save it and not spend it and they would get it all back.

Just my opinion.

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 2,511 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whynotme View Post
    time makes things easier so sit back and chill

no cense making things worse by going on a rant
    Exactly, I hope Rick is truly off the sauce but IMO that last post seems like a drunken rant. People will come back or they won't , don't think that rant will do much good.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to minkyboodle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minkyboodle View Post
    Exactly, I hope Rick is truly off the sauce but IMO that last post seems like a drunken rant. People will come back or they won't , don't think that rant will do much good.

Maybe he will answer you?

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Ya know or don't know that I am an accountant.

I was on a real estate job in 1994-1997.

They owned 150 properties.

Well will they were building it in the 80's, the book keeper helped herself to many millions of dollars.

The owners wife thought she and him were having an affair.

They weren't but her lifestyle lead them to the discovery.

She did a few years in jail and they recovered nothing.

Claiming that it was a mistake is bullshit. People get lazy and want a short cut.

We can all steal money. Why I wouldn't do it would be that I would save it and not spend it and they would get it all back.

Just my opinion.
    Desperation is a devious Mistress.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,285 Times in 14,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by minkyboodle View Post

Agreed, hopefully it was the liquid encouragement and he wasn't thinking straight at that time.

Otherwise it was a real dickhead move and I doubt will be very enduring for most.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

27. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,519 Times in 1,078 Posts

Never had an issue with Rick. Even shared a drink of 19yr old scotch I brought down one time.

Stayed at Sosua Suites 3 times, only issue ever was noise from the Colmado and the street. Nothing they can do about that.

Ate at Rockies a few times. Was even there the day after he was arrested, found out later. The hour and a half for breakfast could be understandable given that fact. Ordering the blue cheese burger and being told they had no blue cheese then the 45 minutes for a clubhouse the next trip was annoying (clubhouse can take 5 - 10 minutes when nobody else is there ).

Haven't gone to Rockies in the last few trips since I stay further out. Would not have an issue with going there again, but you get into the habit of going to the regular places. Sosua does not have a lack of good places to eat.

I wish Rick the best of luck on his journey and may drop by Rockies for another try next time I am in town.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to distantvoyeur For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 607 Posts

Rick, I never met you but did see you a couple of times as I ate at Rocky's many times. I can't support your business because I don't go to Sosua anymore. As for what you did, I have nothing to say, I try not to judge what others do. With respect to Rocky's I do have a regret, not trying to hookup with a girl you had working there, Luisa, she was always very nice to me and I really liked her but I didn't do it for two reasons: first the possibility of her losing her job and because I don't like to corrupt honest women. I wish you the best!

31. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maretti For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Desperation is a devious Mistress.

Leads to many great finds

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Leads to many great finds
    All that you'll ever find out of desperation is more trouble.

A long time ago, the first time I was supposed to die and didn't, I decided that death is nothing to fear. It is an essential component to life and when it comes it should be welcomed as an expected friend.

People who live afraid are robbing themselves of the fullness of life where every breath, every blade of grass has significance. Every intimacy is a gift and every connection that we make adds to the value of our lives.

People become desperate, only because they are afraid of losing what was never theirs to begin with.

35. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    All that you'll ever find out of desperation is more trouble.

A long time ago, the first time I was supposed to die and didn't, I decided that death is nothing to fear. It is an essential component to life and when it comes it should be welcomed as an expected friend.

People who live afraid are robbing themselves of the fullness of life where every breath, every blade of grass has significance. Every intimacy is a gift and every connection that we make adds to the value of our lives.

People become desperate, only because they are afraid of losing what was never theirs to begin with.

Every hooker we meet in these countries are desperate to escape their doom.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

ezsmile is offline Ten Year Member & Paid subscriber of I.S.O.C. & member of the Stash.
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,355 Times in 2,669 Posts

Look out ladies, for Jimmydr is coming!

39. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ezsmile For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Not their "doom", their misery.

If money or rather the lack thereof can be used to describe most of one's problems they are likely to give money a very high priority in their life, making it more important that their comfort, their fears and even their principles.

This pretty much works the same way in most of the cultures I've been exposed to. It will never cease to amaze me how people who live in temperate climes where only minimal clothing is required. surrounded by oceans full of fish with food growing on trees and pushing up through the ground all around them can consider themselves hungry.

Me? I'd much rather surround myself with people who are fun to be poor with.

41. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information