Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 02/2019 - Rick from Rocky's is back tending to your every need!

Thanks
    Thanked 72,249 Times in 11,765 Posts

Re: 02/2019 - Rick from Rocky's is back tending to your every need!

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    A long time ago, the first time I was supposed to die and didn't, I decided that death is nothing to fear. It is an essential component to life and when it comes it should be welcomed as an expected friend.

People who live afraid are robbing themselves of the fullness of life where every breath, every blade of grass has significance. Every intimacy is a gift and every connection that we make adds to the value of our lives.

People become desperate, only because they are afraid of losing what was never theirs to begin with.
    This, especially the first bit, reminds me of an old Irish saying, on the lines of "Why worry?"

Why Worry?

There are only two things to worry about: Are you healthy, or are you sick?

If you're healthy, there's nothing to worry about.
    If you're sick, there are only two things to worry about: Are you getting better, or are you getting worse?

If you're getting better, there's nothing to worry about.
    If you're getting worse, there are only two things to worry about: Will you live, or will you die?

If you live, there's nothing to worry about.
    If you die, there are only two things to worry about: Will you go to Heaven, or to Hell?

If you go to Heaven, you have nothing to worry about.
    If you go to Hell, you'll be so busy catching up with your old friends, you will have no time to worry!
    I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    This, especially the first bit, reminds me of an old Irish saying, on the lines of "Why worry?"
    It doesn't matter what language, which culture the truth is spoken in, it's still the truth.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 634 Posts

Gentleman, and ladies. I am back..... Back in Sosua to do what I do best. To look after all your needs while you are here which made me famous for the best customer service on the island. I returned to the island March 15th. Exactely 4 years after I was taken away. How's that for karma?!?!?!.

Anyway, not going to say much now other then I am incredible happy to be back. I'm sure Mr. Happy can understand that.

In any case, I would love to see many of you again. I really don't give a fuck if you stay with me or not but just seeing you all again would be fantastic.

Take care,

Once was your friend,

Rick

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 983 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post
    Gentleman, and ladies. I am back..... Back in Sosua to do what I do best. To look after all your needs while you are here which made me famous for the best customer service on the island. I returned to the island March 15th. Exactely 4 years after I was taken away. How's that for karma?!?!?!.

Anyway, not going to say much now other then I am incredible happy to be back. I'm sure Mr. Happy can understand that.

In any case, I would love to see many of you again. I really don't give a fuck if you stay with me or not but just seeing you all again would be fantastic.

Take care,

Once was your friend,

Rick
    Congratulations Rick. I'm sure you are looking forward to closing that chapter of your life and getting things back to normal.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ramair4 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,367 Times in 13,903 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post

Take care,

Once was your friend,

Rick
    And it looks like you hit the ground running.. Give em' Hell, big guy.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    And it looks like you hit the ground running.. Give em' Hell, big guy.
    Thank you Mr. Happy. I am doing just that. It's amazing just how many people have hugged me in the streets to say Welcome Back Rick. I have a lot of fantastic friends here. Can't wait to see you again my friend. Things are getting back to above normal at Rocky's. In fact we are improving much of our offerings. Newly renovated bathrooms in all our rooms. Incredibly fast Internet and the best customer service this side of the sun. Our food offering has improved greatly since I've come back. It didn't take long to see to that.

You all know that I am a stand up guy and that I always look after my people first. Why stay anywhere else where that could in any way could be questioned.

Soon we will be adding a 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom Villa to our inventory. You want space and a place to relax where you can have a private naked party for 300 of your closest friends with a fantastic pool area, rental car included. Stay tuned. Pictures and rates will be available soon on www.rockysbar.com

I'm back... And so are your fond memories of Sosua. Come on back and experience those fantastic times we all had together one more time. You definitely won't regret it.

Take care,

Rick

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Howdy folks,

Although the page for the villa is not exactly live yet waiting on the owners approval. I am pretty sure it will remain unchanged from it's current form. Take a look here http://www.rockysbar.com/Villa_Marisol.htm and please let me know what you think. 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, 6 beds and a brand new rental car. Of course most of you will want it for next to nothing but if you check the villa market, I think with the addition of the rental car, and the options of an experienced driver/tour guide who knows where to find the best of the best in fun, I really think you would be hard pressed to find a better deal. I am just freshly back so if you have better options, please point me to them and I'll see what I can do with the owners.

For now, it is a first class, quality offering that I am sure that many of you traveling as a group could take great advantage of.

Take care,

Rick

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cleared that all up. You should have fingers missing!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirty rig hand For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information