Thread: 05/2019 - Hotel Rancho Guacamayos, Bonao

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

05/2019 - Hotel Rancho Guacamayos, Bonao

Hotel Rancho Guacamayos, Bonao

Hotel Rancho Guacamayos is a rustic retreat located 20 minutes outside Bonao in the campo with a vista view of the mountains.

You enter the property and are let in at the front gate. Security is very tight and the property is walled with security patrols.

1.jpg

The receptionist desk is outside. The staff was very friendly and professional in fact I was greeted with a cold glass of fruit punch.

2.jpg3.jpg

They have a very comfortable seating area next to the receptionist desk

5.jpg

There were several groups of buildings with different rooms. The property had the feel of a retreat more than a hotel.

6.jpg

My room was at the top of the steps

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: Hotel Rancho Guacamayos, Bonao

My room

My room was a suite with a mini kitchen and jacuzzi
    rm3.jpgrm1.jpgrm2.jpg

Mini kitchen and mini bar. The mini bar only had a few drinks and a couple of candy bars no where near as extensive as some other 4 star hotel mini bars.

rm4.jpgrm5.jpg20190530_162307.jpg

Jacuzzi

rm6.jpg

I didn't use the Jacuzzi but if I go back I will definitely try it.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Re: Hotel Rancho Guacamayos, Bonao

Looks great but there’s some information that’s missing. How much per night? Does it include free breakfast? And is it chica friendly?

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 05/2019 - Hotel Rancho Guacamayos, Bonao

The grounds

Parrot cage

8.jpg

Pool

9.jpg

Basketball court

10.jpg

Pool Table

11.jpg

Hammock

12.jpg

Water display

14.jpg

Mountain view

mt1.jpgmt2.jpgmt3.jpg

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Re: 05/2019 - Hotel Rancho Guacamayos, Bonao

Dining Area

There was an indoor and outdoor open air dining area

20190530_164613.jpg20190530_190844.jpg20190530_190855.jpg

Food

I had salmon, baked potato, garlic bread and grilled vegetables for 1300 pesos. I have had the same thing in different restaurants from 600-1000 pesos. They had a ribeye listed on the menu for 1300 pesos also. Needless to say he food was more expensive than the average restaurant.

Sorry I took the photo after I started eating I was hungry...haaaaaaaaaaa!

20190530_193756 (1).jpg

Breakfast was included

20190531_084935 (1).jpg

Personal Anecdote

I had a date who lives in Bonao who was supposed to join me. She was late so I decided to eat dinner without her. I had a waiter who was serving me but there was a waitress who kept staring at me and smiling. Sorry for the bad photos

c1.jpgc3.jpgc4.jpg

She had a perfect flaca body a decent face but most of all she was slightly bowl legged. I don't see many bowl legged women in the Dominican Republic but that is a turn on for me.I wanted sooooooooooooo bad to try and hit on her but I was waiting for my date and I didn't want to get caught in the act. The waitress continued to smile at me and I was literally chomping at the bit!

As fate would have it I retired to my room my date stood me up and I checked for the waitress the following day but she was not working...CONYO! I would definitely return to Bonao to see her.

Conclusion

Although I got stood up by my date I really enjoyed my stay. The staff was very professional for example at check in they were very friendly they spoke English and Spanish. While eating in the restaurant I dropped my fork on the floor while I was eating and the waiter rushed over to pick it up and give me another fork.

There are several types of rooms and I had the jacuzzi suite which was $115US a night after taxes. I enjoyed my room the king size bed was comfortable there was a mini kitchen and jacuzzi that I did not use but it was good to know they were there.

I booked for two people and anticipated my date. They asked for her name when I arrived and had a bracelet for both of us. I did not ask specifically but I do not believe the hotel is girl friendly because of the bracelets and how tight security is.

The only way to arrive is by vehicle and the location is pretty remote so it is not your typical hotel where you would see pros working.
    My complaint would be the power kept going out but the generator would kick in after about a minute or so. Other than that I have no complaints and I definitely plan on returning.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information