Thread: 06/2019 - Uber vs. InDriver

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

06/2019 - Uber vs. InDriver

Transportation Options - Uber vs InDriver

Recently I went from Santiago to Puerto Plata in InDriver. The screenshots are a comparison of fares.

Screenshot_20190601-103330_inDriver.jpgScreenshot_20190601-103411_Uber.jpg

Uber wanted about 1500 pesos and InDriver 1300 pesos. The difference between Uber and InDriver is Uber post the fare to your destination but InDriver lets you post the fare you want to pay and drivers in the area can directly bid with you. It should be noted that 1300 pesos fare for a car ride to Puerto Plata from Santiago is a good fare. The taxi fare can be from 2500 -5000 pesos depending on the taxista.

Whether you use Uber, InDriver or taxi always confirm the fare before mounting the vehicle they are notorious for changing the fare.

Of course there is Metro, Caribe Tours and the other bus services but a car will give you door to door service and convenience. I will still use my vehicle to drive but sometimes driving in the Dominican Republic can be quite precarious. It is nice to leave the driving to someone else.

I just wanted to share some of the options for transportation.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 06/2019 - Uber vs. InDriver

Se Nota:

I posted this information in a Facebook ex pat group and received a comment that for Uber fares are generally quoted accurately by drivers when they are local, however when the trip is outside the local area the drivers will almost always try to negotiate a higher fare when they arrive.

In addition it may be better to use the cash option when using Uber because it gives you more leverage with the driver. If you pay by credit card there is a delay in the driver receiving compensation and the drivers prefer money in hand.

As previously stated always be sure of the fare before you mount the vehicle but also be considerate that drivers have to pay everything including the gas out of the fare so a tip may be in order based on the personality and service of the driver.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information