Thread: 07/2019 - Novus Plaza Holdelpa, Santo Domingo

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

07/2019 - Novus Plaza Holdelpa, Santo Domingo

Novus Plaza Holdelpa, Santo Domingo

Novus Plaza Holdelpa is one of the many Holdelpa hotels in the Dominican Republic. I have been to 2 in Santiago 1 other in Santo Domingo and 1 in Juan Dolio and this one was by far the worst Holdelpa experience I have had.

zxza.jpgmkju.jpg

This hotel is the next street over from Boutique Hotel Palacio off El Conde. Check in went smooth I paid about $80.00 with taxes for a superior room. There is a snack bar in the lobby but they do not have a mini bar in the rooms.

This hotel is definitely NOT girl friendly. I booked for 2 so I had no problem with my date they just checked her cedula when she arrived but I was advised that every additional guest would be $40.00US....yessssssssssssur OUCH!

My room

-.aq.jpg-0ol.jpg

I had the largest room but it was still too small for me, I felt cramped and not able to move freely. The bathroom had no soap and the toilet did not work...need I say that was a DISASTER! I was only there for one night and I didn't want to go through the hassle of changing rooms nor did I have enough time between my dates so I just sucked it up.

The restaurant

20190725_091007.jpg20190725_084849.jpg

My modus operandi with my dates is either drinks or dinner before trying to move to the room but in this case there was neither a bar or restaurant available for dinner. The restaurant was only available for breakfast in the morning and special events.

20190725_085057.jpg

Conclusion

There was no pool and the gym facility was located at another Holdelpa property you had to walk to in the Colonial Zone. The ambiance and the architecture of the hotel was decent but my impression was that this was definitely an economy hotel.

If you are looking for luxury this is the wrong hotel. The advantage to the hotel was its location and security was very tight. With better options in the area I can not see myself returning unless it was a last resort.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thread Information