Thread: 07/2019 - Casa Sanchez Boutique Hotel, Santo Domingo

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

07/2019 - Casa Sanchez Boutique Hotel, Santo Domingo

Casa Sanchez Boutique Hotel

This is another colonial style hotel off El Conde in Zona Colonial of Santo Domingo

1.jpg

The outside is not aesthetic and there is nothing to brag about.

1a.jpg2a.jpg

Check in went smooth. They have you sign the hotel policies when you arrive and one of the clauses says visitors on not allowed. I booked for two so my guest was not a problem but I guess that policy would make the hotel not girl friendly. I didn't ask but I suspect if you slide the front desk something they might let you get by but the easiest thing to do is just book for two.

My room

3.jpg4.jpg

The room was obviously dated but clean. There is no room key just a electronic combination lock you set the code when you arrive. The WIFI was strong but I did not use the TV.

The bathroom was very modern and had obviously been renovated.

mnb.jpg5.jpg

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 07/2019 - Casa Sanchez Boutique Hotel, Santo Domingo

Amenities

There is a pool in the center of the hotel although I do not know if it is being used to bathe.

6.jpg

The roof

The roof has a sitting area pool table and jacuzzi

7.jpg8.jpg

Breakfast

The hotel has no restaurant so if you want to eat you have to walk to El Conde and find the restaurant of your choosing. There is a small kitchen where they prepare breakfast which is included.

9.jpg

Conclusion:

The hotel has a quaint colonial feel and is obviously dated. The staff was very professional and polite. The minus for me would be the absence of a restaurant because I use dining as a part of my dating process. It is a lot easier to have dinner on the hotel property and transition into your room afterwards.

The hotel is not girl friendly because they do not allow guest other than your booking for more than one person. When your guest arrive they take their cedula and retain a copy for their records.
    The experience was not bad it's just that there are better options for the same price point in the same area within walking distance therefore I doubt if I would repeat.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information