Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2023

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

Re: 11/2022 - Camaro's Journal 2022

That DAMMMN Hunter!!!!

The real reason I quit mongering is because of Hunter...Haaaaaaaaa! On more than one occasion we've run across the same chicas. Case in point I met this one on Badoo about 3 years ago. I later discovered Hunter had dealings with her, but she was more hoe like with him than with me. Another chameleon chic.

319090634_700086648112904_5663123331576888718_n.jpg

A Santo Domingo chic that played good girl on me no sex first date but later when we got to it the sex was very good. She asked for help but never pressed me for money like many PFP chics it was just an understanding help me with what you can.

I saw her quite regularly in fact there were times when I really felt like she liked me. She would gaze at me with her goo-goo eyes and give me her un-divided attention then, other times she was on another planet with her cell phone. She had 2 phones and would go off into the bathroom at times with both of them....hmmmmmm....haaaaaaaa!

I spent the day with her in Santo Domingo one time and we were going to finish the date in Puerto Plata. While on Caribe Tours I tried to take a selfie with her, and she wouldn't let me. We had taken many photos together previously, but she was acting "shitty" so halfway to Santiago, I told her to get off the bus and go home. When we arrived in Santiago she refused.

The we arrived in Puerto Plata, and I told her to go home she refused again but finally relented. Needless to say, at that point it was over...SE ACABO!...jajaja.

Recently almost 2 years later she hits me on Instagram, and we chat. She gives me one number than later gives me another number. There are sometimes days between messages. I guess she still uses two phones and is up to her old tricks.

I'd love to see her again for old times' sake but again I don't really want to go backwards.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    But maybe a reason for so much of this type of posting is gone is that for many of us, we have changed as well in our lives and just maybe, instead of being In Search of Chicas, many of us actually Found our chica.

Or died trying.

Old and tired and enjoying our new retirement cities maybe?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Old and tired and enjoying our new retirement cities maybe?
    Or our new retirement games (and toys)?

I'm still "Just A Lurker."

The Chinese virus infected the Western world with Chinese-style totalitarian politics. ​- Gladiator

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. – H. L. Mencken

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Oro Bar and Lounge

ExPat update.

Last night I went to Oro Lounge which is on the main highway in between Puerto Plata and Sosua. When you exit Gregorio Luperon Airport turn left and the spot is on the right.

Aesthetically it's a nice open-air spot but the music was too loud for me. They played mostly Latin music with some mix of Drake etc. It was a Thursday real slow my date and I arrived about 10:30 and stayed until almost midnight.

This was my first time it is a relatively new spot, so I imagine on the weekends there is more traffic. For me I wouldn't go looking for chics I'd rather go with a date but YMMV.

1.jpg1a.jpg
    Attachment 1697443.jpg
    5.jpg8.jpg
    Last edited by camaro1257; 12-20-2022 at 07:21 PM.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

La Carihuela El Malecon, Puerto Plata

ExPat update:

La Carihuela is on the Malecon in Puerto Plata. I believe it has the best ambiance of the over half a dozen restaurants on the Malecon. The view of the beach and ocean is excellent during the day and the breeze off the ocean always feels great. My main complaint would be sometimes the food is good and sometimes not so good.

While with my date I ran into two other expats so we shared a table together. They play Latin music mostly salsa but no American music. Later in the night there was live music and people spontaneously danced wherever they were because there is no dance floor. The most exciting thing of the night was during the music all of a sudden there was a BOOM and no lights. Apparently, the electronic equipment was too powerful for the system but was later repaired. I enjoy places like this where you can have dinner, drinks and music afterward it makes it a one stop date night.

Prices are high end, and it is a spot for the middle- and upper-class Dominicans of Puerto Plata. You can look at the crowd and tell they have money. On the night I was there with the other expats we were the only extranjeros there.
    Nice spot I recommend it if only for the ambiance.

1.jpg2.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg7.jpg
    Last edited by camaro1257; 12-25-2022 at 03:51 PM.

10. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1257 View Post
    La Carihuela El Malecon, Puerto Plata

ExPat update:

La Carihuela is on the Malecon in Puerto Plata. I believe it has the best ambiance of the over half a dozen restaurants on the Malecon. The view of the beach and ocean is excellent during the day and the breeze off the ocean always feels great. My main complaint would be sometimes the food is good and sometimes not so good.

While with my date I ran into two other expats so we shared a table together. They play Latin music mostly salsa but no American music. Later in the night there was live music and people spontaneously danced wherever they were because there is no dance floor. The most exciting thing of the night was during the music all of a sudden there was a BOOM and no lights. Apparently, the electronic equipment was too powerful for the system but was later repaired. I enjoy places like this where you can have dinner, drinks and music afterward it makes it a one stop date night.

Prices are high end, and it is a spot for the middle- and upper-class Dominicans of Puerto Plata. You can look at the crowd and tell they have money. On the night I was there with the other expats we were the only extranjeros there.
    Nice spot I recommend it if only for the ambiance.

1.jpg2.jpg
    Attachment 1697645.jpg
    6.jpg7.jpg
    So many nice places to go to.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,796 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    So many nice places to go to.
    I was there a few weeks ago with one of my Puerto Plata regulars. Food and drinks were not bad,prices were high but you're paying for the location and view,it's considered one of the places in Puerto Plata to be "seen". What was NOT okay was they tried to pad the bill,but they weren't fooling this gringo. Puedo ser un gringo pero no soy un gringo estúpido.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to quietcorner911 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Is this the place to the right of Big Lee's? I think when I was last there and walking along the malecon toward Lee's place, this was the huge bar/restaurant just before his. Looked nice, but in the early afternoon when I was walking by, there appeared to be just as much staff as there were customers.

But come evening, I can certainly understand that spot being the place to be.

Especially with compania.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth View Post
    Is this the place to the right of Big Lee's? I think when I was last there and walking along the malecon toward Lee's place, this was the huge bar/restaurant just before his. Looked nice, but in the early afternoon when I was walking by, there appeared to be just as much staff as there were customers.

But come evening, I can certainly understand that spot being the place to be.

Especially with compania.
    Yes, it's on the same side of the street as Big Lee's I think big Lee's is after La Carihuela if you are walking towards the end of the Malecon.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Bohio Restaurant

Bohio Restaurant is on the Puerto Plata Sosua Hwy inside The Palms at Starhill. It is on the right traveling east from Puerto Plata toward Sosua. The food, service and music are excellent. It makes a great date location and I highly recommend it.

Attachment 169593
    Attachment 169596Attachment 169597

My date was a Santo Domingo Seeking Arrangements chic from 2 years ago. Shout out to JD and Hunter for all the Seeking Arrangements tips they were fruitful, but I have since retired. Cupid provides the more traditional woman although there still the gold digging types I have met many professional women there.

I did meet 2 professional chics on Seeking Arrangements a pharmacist and my date who is an accountant. We hit it off very well and had several productive dates and she never tried to hit me over the head or beg like many of the others. She went ghost for about 2 weeks, so I figured she got someone who was doing things more to her liking. She got back in contact with me like nothing happened and hit me for some money I got 38 HOT I went off on her and cut her off.

I was on Cupid and who did I see but my old long-lost friend. We had words about what happened and picked up where we left off. She an accountant about to finish her radiology degree where she will make twice as much money. We had a great talk about her ambitions, and she is right up my alley. She’s the type of chic if she needed something I’d be glad to help.

I have curtailed my Santo Domingo trips trying to save on hotels and lodging. I met her at Caribe Tours Puerto Plata we went to my place talked for a while she asked for a massage, and I obliged. The rest was history the sex was better than before.
    We rested went to dinner came back to my place for more fun then we went to one of the few Terrazas we have in Puerto Plata I may just do a review on those later.

Great restaurant better date with no complaints. I usually do not go backwards when I am done, I am done but I am glad I made an exception to the rule.
    My Bohio date

We've had a couple of dates since our reunion, and all has been well until after our last date at La Carihuela. We spent the entire day together and she waits until she gets on Caribe Tours to send me a photo of a pasola. She wants to cut down her transportation cost to and from work.

I have noticed many Dominican women have a pattern of talking about something they want but not asking directly for it. It's a form of insinuation where the man is supposed to pick up the hint and fulfill the insinuated request. There is a lot of pride in the Dominican Republic amongst women and I cannot count how many times I have had a woman say to me:

"No pido por nada"

Yeah, maybe you don't ask directly but you sure insinuate a lot...Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's not all women by any stretch of the imagination but it happens enough to let me know it's part of the culture for Dominican women to make insinuated request for what they want.

Example if I am talking to a Dominican woman and say I have to take my car to the shop to check my brakes that is a statement not an insinuation I want the woman to help me. Conversely when Dominican women do that often times although not always it is a subliminal request for help. In this way they can maintain their pride and say they didn't ask for anything.

Personally, I believe in the saying:

"...a closed mouth doesn't get fed"

But that doesn't apply to Dominican women...Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Back to my Bohio date I knew she was making an insinuated request for me to help her with a pasola but I was being a "mal hombre" and just responding "entiendo" every time she she made a comment about the pasola. Finally, she asked me directly if I would help her and I said no.

The minimum price for a decent new pasaola is about $1000.00US. I can imagine you can get one for less, but I had no intention of investing that much money in someone I see maybe twice a month when she can get off work and come to Puerto Plata. I thought to myself:

"...en serio tu ta loca o que?"...jajajaja

Generally, if someone is coming to see me, I give them something for passage and a little extra. Sometimes I have just bought gifts like curling irons or clothes or something of practical use. It's one thing giving gifts or whatever the value of $100US and buying a pasola for 10 times that amount.

If she lived in Puerto Plata and I was going to see her on the regular I would have her take out a loan in her name and help her pay the monthly note. I would do that because it would help her establish credit and if something went south in the relationship, I would not be responsible for continuing the monthly payment. This way I can kill two birds with one stone build her credit and not over commit myself financially.

On very few occasions I have got away without giving anything of value but those are the exceptions to the rule. I haven't heard anything from her and if I don't it's okay with me. I enjoyed our dates no harm no foul.
    Last edited by camaro1257; 12-20-2022 at 07:34 AM.

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

My Bohio date

We've had a couple of dates since our reunion, and all has been well until after our last date at La Carihuela. We spent the entire day together and she waits until she gets on Caribe Tours to send me a photo of a pasola. She wants to cut down her transportation cost to and from work.

I have noticed many Dominican women have a pattern of talking about something they want but not asking directly for it. It's a form of insinuation where the man is supposed to pick up the hint and fulfill the insinuated request. There is a lot of pride in the Dominican Republic amongst women and I cannot count how many times I have had a woman say to me:

"No pido por nada"

Yeah, maybe you don't ask directly but you sure insinuate a lot...Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's not all women by any stretch of the imagination but it happens enough to let me know it's part of the culture for Dominican women to make insinuated request for what they want.

Example if I am talking to a Dominican woman and say I have to take my car to the shop to check my brakes that is a statement not an insinuation I want the woman to help me. Conversely when Dominican women do that often times although not always it is a subliminal request for help. In this way they can maintain their pride and say they didn't ask for anything.

Personally, I believe in the saying:

"...a closed mouth doesn't get fed"

But that doesn't apply to Dominican women...Haaaaaaaaaaaa!

Back to my Bohio date I knew she was making an insinuated request for me to help her with a pasola but I was being a "mal hombre" and just responding "entiendo" every time she she made a comment about the pasola. Finally, she asked me directly if I would help her and I said no.

The minimum price for a decent new pasaola is about $1000.00US. I can imagine you can get one for less, but I had no intention of investing that much money in someone I see maybe twice a month when she can get off work and come to Puerto Plata. I thought to myself:

"...en serio tu ta loca o que?"...jajajaja

Generally, if someone is coming to see me, I give them something for passage and a little extra. Sometimes I have just bought gifts like curling irons or clothes or something of practical use. It's one thing giving gifts or whatever the value of $100US and buying a pasola for 10 times that amount.

If she lived in Puerto Plata and I was going to see her on the regular I would have her take out a loan in her name and help her pay the monthly note. I would do that because it would help her establish credit and if something went south in the relationship, I would not be responsible for continuing the monthly payment. This way I can kill two birds with one stone build her credit and not over commit myself financially.

On very few occasions I have got away without giving anything of value but those are the exceptions to the rule. I haven't heard anything from her and if I don't it's okay with me. I enjoyed our dates no harm no foul.
    But you knew that was coming, right?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    ...not a $1000.00 request....

IMG-20161208-WA0055.jpg

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

I used to throw out the loan suggestion as well. It was always well received until I'd say I wasn't going to co-sign.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Las Luces de Navidad, Parque Central Puerto Plata

2.jpg3.jpg
    4.jpg7.jpg
    5.jpg6.jpg

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Absolutely, outside of her being stupid for you, which can be borderline dangerous, you’re expected to pay for her affections either directly or indirectly. That applies for gringos and dominicanos though the former generally are expected to give more.

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Absolutely, outside of her being stupid for you, which can be borderline dangerous, you’re expected to pay for her affections either directly or indirectly. That applies for gringos and dominicanos though the former generally are expected to give more.
    I have had a few who I didn't give anything other than dinner etc. but those were the exceptions to the rule nor was a seeing them for any length of time. In fact, recently I had one who I tried to give her something under the guise of paying transport and for her babysitter, but she said she was offended. That has happened to me twice.

I understand there is an unspoken understanding:

"comprensión tácita"

with non-pros but $1000 was way too much. I still haven't heard from her so...

"asi es la vida!"

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,163 Times in 5,856 Posts

So, who gets Christmas gifts this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK9Gwn8_BsQ

Buy her a pasola
    ‘Forbear to judge, for we are sinners all’

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to questner For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Pescados y Mariscos

There is a restaurant at the other end of the Malecon in Puerto Plata from La Carihuela called Pescados y Mariscos it is owned by the Mayor of Puerto Plata. It's not elegant but the food is good.

1.jpg2.jpg
    3.jpg4.jpg
    5.jpg

The plate of the day is 200 pesos. The only problem is an hour after I eat, I am hungry again, but it was very good.

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Pescados y Mariscos

There is a restaurant at the other end of the Malecon in Puerto Plata from La Carihuela called Pescados y Mariscos it is owned by the Mayor of Puerto Plata. It's not elegant but the food is good.

1.jpg2.jpg
    3.jpg4.jpg
    5.jpg

The plate of the day is 200 pesos. The only problem is an hour after I eat, I am hungry again, but it was very good.
    When I'm in Puerto Plata and feel for a Plato Del Dia, I head to the local restaurant/food stand by the circle (across the road from Burger King and La bomba). A plate of chicken, rice and beans cost about 150 pesos. And I guarantee you won't be hungry afterwards.

38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

When I'm in Puerto Plata and feel for a Plato Del Dia, I head to the local restaurant/food stand by the circle (across the road from Burger King and La bomba). A plate of chicken, rice and beans cost about 150 pesos. And I guarantee you won't be hungry afterwards.

Click to see pic
    Click to see pic
    Yes, I used to eat there all the time, but I generally got my food to go. One time they charged me 50 pesos extra for what I normally ordered I almost left the food, but I paid it without an argument.

I don't go much anymore as I cook more at home than I used to.

That spot is actually less than 5 minutes from my house.

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information