Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trip To BB's

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Re: Trip To BB's

Quote Originally Posted by phoneman View Post
    Will be at BB's from 21-26 June, this deal with the extra safe keys does anyone know the room number?
    If you have any doubts about the safe key, ask them to change the lock. The safes have removable locks.

Thanks

Thanks for the info, anybody have a number or contact for a cab driver we can hire for the day? if so, what kinds of cash is he asking for? trying to run between BB's and sosua and hit a few night clubs. There are three of us so we will split it three ways of course.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Thanks for the info, anybody have a number or contact for a cab driver we can hire for the day? if so, what kinds of cash is he asking for? trying to run between BB's and sosua and hit a few night clubs. There are three of us so we will split it three ways of course.

Maybe $75 more or less.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Jimmy,

Not sure if it was you but we kinda met at Julies about 4 years ago. If so, do you remeber Angelique the dominican from santiago? I speak to her every know and then, she was denied entry back into the US following two arrest for "working" She told me that she goes into POP every weekend or so to work. Wondering if you have seen her around in your travels?

Also the $75 for the cab is for the day or a few hours? We was thinking to throw him a buck between the three of us.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jimmy,

Not sure if it was you but we kinda met at Julies about 4 years ago. If so, do you remeber Angelique the dominican from santiago? I speak to her every know and then, she was denied entry back into the US following two arrest for "working" She told me that she goes into POP every weekend or so to work. Wondering if you have seen her around in your travels?

Also the $75 for the cab is for the day or a few hours? We was thinking to throw him a buck between the three of us.

I never went to Julies. Your best bet is to get a room in Sosua for the night that you want to hang there. Then grab a public taxi to go back the next day.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Jimmy,

I reckon about 700/800 pesos one way (around US$25). You don't need a taxi once in Sosua. Everything is walking distance. So no point in paying a driver waiting time. On the other hand he might be willing to wait a few hours for nothing in order to secure the return fare if you negotiate this in advance. The Costambar taxis are notoriously expensive.

Guys here know I would normally recommend public transport but with three of you a taxi makes more sense. As Jimmy says, if you can find a publico (public, and normally shared, taxi) to take you back they would probably do it for 400/500 pesos. Find one at La Bomba in Sosua (only 200 metres from Clasico Disco).

One big downside of Blackbeards is it is a bit isolated and will cost you time or money to go anywhere else. The theory is that you will find all your entertainment on campus. And what are you going to do with any chicas you find in Sosua anyway? Take them back to Blackbeards? Best of luck with that! As Jimmy says, better to hire rooms in Sosua, at which point one wonders what you are paying to stay at Blackbeards for anyway.

I think Blackbeards and Sosua do not mix. Blackbeards and Puerto Plata is a more practical option. What do other guys advise?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,555 Times in 660 Posts

Several of us drove over for the end of May bikini show. Actually, since it came with a free drink, I thought the 200 pesos price (about $6) was worth it. Since I had never been there, I was sort of investigating the place out for a future visit. I took pictures and spoke with several guys who were staying there. One fellow showed me his room overlooking the pool. My overall impressions are as follows: 1) the place is very clean and well-maintained; 2) the grounds were beautiful; 3) the talent they had that day was impressive on that day, including several who were not participating in the show; 4) all the girls were friendly, but not pushy; 5) the set prices make it easier for everyone (1300 short term/2500 overnight); 6) the three guys I spoke with who were staying there were all having a great time and planning to return; and 7) everything is on-sight including restaurant, bar, pool, lawn, pool table, dancing room, and, of course, the famous jacuzzi. Since I will always rent a car to expand my horizons for side trips to Puerto Plata and other places, I found the place would be very suiting and not all that confining for me. The downsides would be the isolation of the place (if you didn't have a car) and the limited, though good, selection. Still, I think the selection was around 3 to 1 . . . not bad ratios. After the hassel of Club 59, I think I would like the ease of this place. However, I would miss La Passions and would probably swing by Sosua some time during my stay. As for the problems biggun1221 mentioned, I think management is simply trying to control the atmosphere and maintain their own interests in the business. If they keep their prices reasonable, I will respect that. If they try to gouge because of their limiting outside food or beverages, that's another whole issue. Final recommendation from what I saw and investigated: Go . . . and don't forget to report back and share your personal experiences.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sonrisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks guys, Just that last time i went i stayed at the palace one time and the europa the other, It was the whole "hunt" thing that i was really digging. Was thinking about just a day trip over there.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to phoneman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

Last time we stayed there we flew into STI and grabbed a Taxi from the airport to Black Beard's. He was a real good sport and stopped about 20 times along the way for everything from chicas to drinks and grocery shopping etc . . .

anyway he asked us if we needed I ride back to the airport for our flight home and we said something to the effect of "yeah sure, Thanks dude, pick us up @ 10: 00 AM Tuesday"

He rolled in Tuesday probably around 9:15 and waited for us to finish breakfast and check out.

We head to his car and it was surrounded by 2 or 3 Costambar Taxi's.

he assured us "no problemo" and about 5 mins later there must have been 7 taxi's surrounding us . . he again assured us " no problema" and 15 or so mins later we gave up on him negotiating with the Costumbar Taxi mafia and went to get David (BB's General Manager)

David follows us outside and proceeds to freak'n yell at us . . . YOU GOT AN ILLEGAL TAXI . . WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS ? ? ?

We apologized and simply asked how much $ to make this problem go away ? ? ?

I don't recall what it cost us (if anything) but I was extremely pissed @ the way BB's handled the situation . . .

pull me to the side and tell me in a nice way that I'm a stupid fuck and to quickly give you $100 or $ 200 US and I would not have been the least bit mad . . .

But fucking yell at me about a policy that has never been mentioned to me in my 4 or 5 trips ? ? ?

Fuck you . . .

Be carefull having a NON Costembar taxi pick you up @ Black Beards ! ! !

No Problema having one drop you off there ! ! !
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

Tells you one thing Jay, fucking asshole at BB's is getting a kickback driving up the prices on the gringo. Every dog has his day. Hopefully his will come soon.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

David is a Fuckin Dickhead. He's the only thing I didn't like about BlackBeard's.
    If it wasn't for the fact I don't want to go to a Dominican Jail. I would I have whipped his ass like 3 times my last trip. He's a disrespectful asshole, and his wife is an ugly bitch.

That said
    Both times I was there the cab that brought me there, picked me up. On Time.
    From STI >>> Do Not pay more than $65
    From POP >>>Do Not pay more than $35

Fuck the Taxi Mafia, They can only get over if you let them.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,812 Times in 935 Posts

David follows us outside and proceeds to freak'n yell at us . . . YOU GOT AN ILLEGAL TAXI . . WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU GUYS ? ? ?

But fucking yell at me about a policy that has never been mentioned to me in my 4 or 5 trips ? ? ?

Damn that is f*** up if he did that.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

this is fucked up!!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by remyman41 View Post

Damn that is f*** up if he did that.

There is no such thing as an illegal taxi. He must be getting a kickback.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 532 Posts

Fuck BB's, I'll never go there again. TWO FACED BASTARDS.

I was also a big supporter of them, now they can kiss my fat ass.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Drunko For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

should have compared the prices from both taxis. I would bet the taxi mafia is charging MUCH more. Probably a little extra for both them and David. I dont think they can force you to use a certain taxi. Taxi mafia probably trying to scare the other guy off.

I would be curious if you took a taxi to BBs for the bikini contest and had him wait outside if they would try to give you shit when your leaving.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

The taxi "mafia" in Costamber has the whole town locked up, not just blackbeards. They have the taxi stand when you get into the area and they follow taxis that arrive without passnegers.
    They will even cut each others throats. When I was there in 2004, I was walking to the taxi stand to get a ride to the airport. One taxi was driving by and picked me up for less than the posted rate (it was over 3 years ago I don't remember teh rate.). He also took a long route out of Costamber so the other guys wouldn't see him. I guess it wasn't his turn.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

damn thats some crazy shit. they should start using cars and put the taxi sign up once they are near their pickup.

a small group of cars undercutting the taxi mafi could make a killing.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

A Cab to STI from the taxi stand in Costambar is $100USD<<<FUCK DAT

If you can't arrange a cab from the hotel, ask one of the chicas to hook you up with someone. They know all the cab drivers.

The Chicas are one of the best resources for everything.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    damn thats some crazy shit. they should start using cars and put the taxi sign up once they are near their pickup.

a small group of cars undercutting the taxi mafi could make a killing.

Taxi Mafia are a bunch of pussies with no cash to back themselves up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information