Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: David gets Smashed in Santiago.....

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevyboy
    I still don't get it. What happened in Santiago? The cops just detain you because a chica pointed at you? This is strange.
    It happens in the US everyday. They call it "racial profiling" and it goes something like this! An unfortunate event occurs, ie. some kind of crime, then the victim gives some type of general description(usually, "it was a black guy about this tall"), the police detain the first black guy they see, drag him threw the mud and then conduct the investigation. When they realize it wasn't the right person, they say that you shouldn't have been in that area in the first place. This is why whenever mongers describe new places to venture, some of us ask about the racial climate of that particular area. Nothing new, just business as usual.

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    I still don't get it. What happened in Santiago? The cops just detain you because a chica pointed at you? This is strange.
    It happens in the US everyday. They call it "racial profiling" and it goes something like this! An unfortunate event occurs, ie. some kind of crime, then the victim gives some type of general description(usually, "it was a black guy about this tall"), the police detain the first black guy they see, drag him threw the mud and then conduct the investigation. When they realize it wasn't the right person, they say that you shouldn't have been in that area in the first place. This is why whenever mongers describe new places to venture, some of us ask about the racial climate of that particular area. Nothing new, just business as usual.
    Maybe some of you should meet my ex novia's uncle. He is a "DA' in the Caberete area.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David Smash
    Yeah I did I just don't like been in a police station for bullshit. It was fun and I will out there sometime in January
    It was good hanging with you SMASH!! Just think of this trip as a learning experience. I guarantee that Santiago will just get better and better each trip. Next time i see you, we can spend more time out in the barrios..... mucho chicas!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts
    She pointed at me and said I robbed her. And like Priches said that is the description she gave. but since she did want to come down to the station they "detained" me.
    If God didn't want me to sin he wouldn't have given me a penis...

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts
    Ok, I see, i didn't know about the she saying you robbed her. I understand now.

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    You're gonna laugh psriches, but a few nights ago I got pulled over for "driving while white." I live in a mostly black and latino neighborhood, and the next town over is almost all black. I cut through looking for someplace open to get something to eat at about 1:30 AM. The cop pulls me over, checks my documents and asks what am I doing in this neighborhood. I told him I live nearby and ask why I was pulled over. He starts to stammer something about there being street walkers in the area and that most white guys there are cruising for hookers. I looked him in the eye and with a smile said "So I've been racially profiled?" He just handed back my docs and walked away. I didn't have a chance to thank him for telling me about a new stroll

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts
    Do you really think that they fuck with the brothers in the DR more than the white dudes. I know in my town getting pulled over for DWB is a common event. I know racial profiling is a LE tool. All the cops i grew up with tell me. But the shit that happened to DS in Santiago sounds like a big set up. Chica cased him out. Cops were in on the scam. Lawyer? Did he show any proof of being one? A ride back to the hotel and 2000 pesos. Divide that by 5 and everyone makes a days pay. Read page 4 of your passport book. Demand to see the US consul. 809-221-2171 After hours or weekends Get the Embassy Duty Officer at his cell phone 809-707-7969. This is fron the US State Dept. last updated 1/28 2004. I have both these #'s in my passport. Also 24 hour contact at the Marine Security Guard at Post One 809-731-4398

8. The Following User Says Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Unbelievable.....You seem to have taken this in stride. A lot of guys would have really been freaked out and said fuck this place. I am still shaking my head that this happened. I don't think I would have been as calm as you were, which probably would have caused more problems for myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts
    JTHOMAS2003 - Yeah well sad thing is I am starting to get use to it. Like I said I KNEW I was getting hit up. I have been picked up for bullshit before in the US.

guttaman - Yeah I know I should have call the the US consul if I had more time there I would have done that. But i didn't have my passport with me so I didn't have the numbers plus I was leaving on a early flight the next day so I just took the quick way out of it.

But now they know my face. I don't think I will get squeezed the next I am out there. But if I do I will make sure to ask to call the US consul and have this numbers on hand.

Thanks
    Guttaman: Good info!! Are the numbers still good? I know you said 2004.

Papi: I love this line, "I didn't have a chance to thank him for telling me about a new stroll" LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts
    #'s are the same. Try not to be solo with no contact #'s outside of the tourist areas. I walk alone most of the time in Santiago but i look like a European, wear long pants and a dress shirt. I also keep my mouth shut. Men should never wear shorts outside of the tourist areas.

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Re: David gets Smashed in Santiago.....

David .....Very informative post. Thanks for sharing.

And Guttaman thanks for the advice.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

Thanks

does anyone have pictures of any girls in kelvin car wash. i would like to see what they look like

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elchulo
    does anyone have pictures of any girls in kelvin car wash. i would like to see what they look like

They look like any typical chica in DR.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information