Thread: Hello, I am new here!

Thanks

What's Near the Mercure?

Hi Guys:

I am new to this site. I am a relatively new monger, with previous limited experience in Cancun (rip-off), Medellin, Catagena, and Bogota. Going to SD for the first time in a few weeks. I was originally reading another board, but wasn't getting a lot of current info (other than from a well-known guy who also posts here). So, I'm hoping for some help.

I'm willing to do my research on the places and the prices, but I need someone to give me a little orientation of where my hotel is located relative to the casas mentioned here (Girl House, etc.) and the walking-only street that everyone talks about. Want to know where I can walk and where I'll need to take a taxi to. I have read advice from one guy that you can just sit in an outdoor cafe that's near (or part of?) the Mercure and wait for the chicas to approach you. Any and all good advice or tips is much appreciated. I am going on this trip solo, but hope that I'll be able to meet Mr. Happy.

Griz

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to grizgator For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Re: What's Near the Mercure?

The Mercure is on Calle El Conde.On one end of the Conde is Paco's.Lots of chicas in and around there.At the other end of the Conde is the Penalba Hotel/open air Restaurant.There are many park benches there with chicas coming and going day and night.
    Do a search for "Conde".

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,303 Times in 1,519 Posts

First welcome to the board. Second if you have traveled to Colombia, any information you have about this country would be greatly appreciated especially info on Bogota for me personally
    If God didn't want me to sin he wouldn't have given me a penis...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grizgator View Post
    Hi Guys:

I have read advice from one guy that you can just sit in an outdoor cafe that's near (or part of?) the Mercure and wait for the chicas to approach you. Any and all good advice or tips is much appreciated. I am going on this trip solo, but hope that I'll be able to meet Mr. Happy.

Griz

More like you wave or smile and then they come over.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grizgator View Post
    Hi Guys:

I am new to this site. I am a relatively new monger, with previous limited experience in Cancun (rip-off), Medellin, Catagena, and Bogota. Going to SD for the first time in a few weeks. I was originally reading another board, but wasn't getting a lot of current info (other than from a well-known guy who also posts here). So, I'm hoping for some help.

I'm willing to do my research on the places and the prices, but I need someone to give me a little orientation of where my hotel is located relative to the casas mentioned here (Girl House, etc.) and the walking-only street that everyone talks about. Want to know where I can walk and where I'll need to take a taxi to. I have read advice from one guy that you can just sit in an outdoor cafe that's near (or part of?) the Mercure and wait for the chicas to approach you. Any and all good advice or tips is much appreciated. I am going on this trip solo, but hope that I'll be able to meet Mr. Happy.

Griz

Hello and welcome!!!

Here is directions to El Conde (where you can find many chicas, bars, restaurants, etc.)
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=35457

Here is the Mystik Hotel which is right next to the Girl's house.
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=36805

prty2, Mr. Happy and another guy (I forgot his username) are experts of Santo Domingo.
    Have a safe and fun trip.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Thread Information