Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dominican wages

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: dominican wages

A low-paid waitress in the UK might earn £800 per month (excluding tips, as you have done) nett after deductions. The same girl working as a prostitute might charge, say, £100 for short time (1 hour).

A low-paid waitress in the DR might earn RD$3600 per month (excluding tips, as you have done). The same girl working as a prostitute might charge, say, RD$1000 for short time (2 hours).

Damn, those DR chicas are expensive! They are charging twice as much in proportion to a monthly wage! But they would give you longer time, uncovered BJs, and would generally be younger (typically 18 to 28, instead of 24 to 34 as in the UK).

My data on UK whores is speculative. I stopped patronising them 15 years ago.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post

A low-paid Haitian waitress in the DR might earn RD$600 per month (excluding tips, as you have done). The same girl working as a prostitute might charge, say, RD$10000 to Weyland for short time (2 hours)without sex.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jimmy, you used up your one funny remark for the quarter in the Sun & Buns thread. This is just wild and silly.

After reading threads here and talking to guys in the DR (ISOC and non-ISOC) I am now happy that I have generally got a better than average handle on paying putas than most. This has come with experience and learning a little Spanish. At the same time I am paying less I am finding a nicer quality of girl. Last trip I only had two who were really hardcore. One of them was disappointing and she was the only one I took on someone else's recommendation. The other one was great but, significantly, I did not find her in Sosúa.

I expect to continue to hone my negotiating skills, to improve my Spanish, to avoid Sosúa except for socializing with the guys, and to ignore anyone else's recommendations as my own instincts are proving better.

I though DT's data was great and I hoped to start a semi-serious debate on the price of SPs compared with the lowest-paid jobs in different countries.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Dominican wages

Well i am not an expert on all wages here but i can tell you what i pay my staff.

I have a small construction company here. I pay my Foreman 1000 peso a day.
    plumbers and skilled workers get 800 to 1000 pesos aday. General labour (mostly Haiti workers) 400 to 600 pesos aday.

My maid at home makes 5000 pesos a month. My security guys get 8000 peso each a month plus i bought there 9 mm pistols and bullets.

As for the restaurant and hotel wages i am not sure as i do not deal with them day to day.

Rick
    www.escapetocaribbean.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Knight For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Re: Dominican wages

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    Well i am not an expert on all wages here but i can tell you what i pay my staff.

www.escapetocaribbean.com
    How much do you pay Jimmydr to advertise?

mp
    Let's get the job done!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

DT, it's great to get solid info instead of speculation! Thanks.

Now, how about those pale sox??????
    When does the fire sale start?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Weyland, you are absolutely dead on. In relationship to the average minimum wage SOSUA workers are incredibly expensive. My guess is based on their possession of "normal' work skills 1,500 pesos is roughly the equivalent of $375 assuming a minimum wage of $6.00 with a 8 hour work day here in the states. Taking into consideration that most dominicans work 6 days a week the $375 number is on the low side. The interesting thing is that when you take out the "gringo" tax and view it solely on a dominican to domincan basis, where as the domincan guy is paying between 200 to 500 pesos you pretty much get the street price of pussy in the US ($50 to $125), depending on quality, though the quality of the experience on the island is for the most part significantly better.

What this all proves is that most of us are wildly overpaying in SOSUA. However, the truth is, for anyone who's ventured outside of our favorite beach town, that Sosua is as much of a fantasy for the girls as it is for the mongers. They go there with visions of making money that is often beyond their ability to comprehend. Many girls are making in a day what they couldn't make in a month in their home towns. And, with the influx of guys without a clue from ATL, NYC, and other parts of the east coast even unattractive fat girls are making this kind of money for basically working at the most 2 - 3 hours. One of my favorites in response to my inquiry about her night before told me she had a very good night. "He was drunk. I worked 10 minutes went to sleep and made 3,000 pesos".

Yes, without a doubt most of us overpay and relative to the basic wage in the Republic the girls are expensive. The only savings grace is that they are plentiful and if you have patience for the most part attractive. I would hope guys would consider this when negotiating, but I do understand how vacation frenzy and limited amount of time on the ground leads to bad decisions in this regard. What I did find extremly frustrating during my last trip was that guys were literally hooking up with the frist chick that approached them and that these "pros" where in affect setting the prices. When second and third tier girls, not to mention fat and unattractive, are getting top dollar it makes it difficult to get reasonable pricing even from the relatively innocent. I'm certain ISOC guys are doing their part to add some rationality to the pricing sitution, but the newbies are making it difficult for all of us. These guys don't have clue.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Weyland, you are absolutely dead on. In relationship to the average minimum wage SOSUA workers are incredibly expensive. My guess is based on their possession of "normal' work skills 1,500 pesos is roughly the equivalent of $375 assuming a minimum wage of $6.00 with a 8 hour work day here in the states. Taking into consideration that most dominicans work 6 days a week the $375 number is on the low side. The interesting thing is that when you take out the "gringo" tax and view it solely on a dominican to domincan basis, where as the domincan guy is paying between 200 to 500 pesos you pretty much get the street price of pussy in the US ($50 to $125), depending on quality, though the quality of the experience on the island is for the most part significantly better.

What this all proves is that most of us are wildly overpaying in SOSUA. However, the truth is, for anyone who's ventured outside of our favorite beach town, that Sosua is as much of a fantasy for the girls as it is for the mongers. They go there with visions of making money that is often beyond their ability to comprehend. Many girls are making in a day what they couldn't make in a month in their home towns. And, with the influx of guys without a clue from ATL, NYC, and other parts of the east coast even unattractive fat girls are making this kind of money for basically working at the most 2 - 3 hours. One of my favorites in response to my inquiry about her night before told me she had a very good night. "He was drunk. I worked 10 minutes went to sleep and made 3,000 pesos".

Yes, without a doubt most of us overpay and relative to the basic wage in the Republic the girls are expensive. The only savings grace is that they are plentiful and if you have patience for the most part attractive. I would hope guys would consider this when negotiating, but I do understand how vacation frenzy and limited amount of time on the ground leads to bad decisions in this regard. What I did find extremly frustrating during my last trip was that guys were literally hooking up with the frist chick that approached them and that these "pros" where in affect setting the prices. When second and third tier girls, not to mention fat and unattractive, are getting top dollar it makes it difficult to get reasonable pricing even from the relatively innocent. I'm certain ISOC guys are doing their part to add some rationality to the pricing sitution, but the newbies are making it difficult for all of us. These guys don't have clue.
    Great stuff. I have noticed a LOT of chicas willing to leave day after day with nothing as opposed to lowering their rates. I guess realistically if she makes a months pay in 2 or 3 nights she can leave empty handed the rest of month and still be ok.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    Great stuff. I have noticed a LOT of chicas willing to leave day after day with nothing as opposed to lowering their rates. I guess realistically if she makes a months pay in 2 or 3 nights she can leave empty handed the rest of month and still be ok.

In Colombia, looking for a months pay but leaving with a weeks pay after one night works.

Thanks

Money Re: dominican wages

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    Oddly I couldn't find anything about heating!

BUT Yes A/C installation is defined!!!!

IF the electrical connection is nearby the minimum wage is RD$739/unit (US$22.40).

Otherwise if the electrical connection is not available and you have to run it that is another wage based on voltage!!!
    110v=RD$246 (US$7.45)
    220v=RD$370 (US$11.21)
    Is that hourly ????Please say YES

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RSMMAN View Post
    Is that hourly ????Please say YES
    No oddly it's per unit. Many of the trades were per unit, like Plumbers, their min wage was based on pipe size and whether it was underground.

Read the PDFs on the site, it's totally crazy!
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sage doesn't post much, but when he does post it's always ... er, um ... I suppose "sage" is the best description.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Sage doesn't post much, but when he does post it's always ... er, um ... I suppose "sage" is the best description.
    And when he is on the ground in the DR, he is exactly as you say.

Very good thread with accurate information, and analogies that were easy to understand and on point.

Thanks DT, Weyland, Sage, etc.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ErikS For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    Dead on. Your average attractive barkeep, card dealer, waitress, etc. can maintain her dignity while paying her rent, putting food on the table for a month, and having enough left over to buy a couple of outfits simply by servicing 3 to 4 customers a month and that doesn't even include the overtipping that takes place by guys trying to get their attention. When you're doing your heaviest macking trying to get into their pants they are simply viewing you as the latest bid in the monthly pussy auction.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information