Thread: August 1st 2007 My old “Field of Dreams” update.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

August 1st 2007 My old “Field of Dreams” update.

The Field of Dreams purchaser, Cristals, looks about 2 weeks (mid August) from opening as Cristals Mustang Ranch Resort. Leno has doubled the restaurant size and closed it in for an air-conditioned dining room. He has built a large pool side sports bar and added 2 suites with on suite jacuzzi. My old 2 bedroom living quarters is now a large 2 bedroom suite. The reception area is a thing of beauty with an internet access for the clients. There is a staircase to the second floor where he plans to open 4 more suites before the New Year.

My new project, "Harbor View Condos" have been selling and now I only have 3 of the 8 left to sell. We will be starting the pool construction next week as well as the pool side bar, restaurant & variety store. We are now taking daily, weekend to long term rentals and have priced the accommodations accordingly. There are 2-2 bedroom condos and 2-1 bedroom condos available for rent. These all have furnished bedrooms, living/dining rooms and full kitchens. I am living on site and will be managing the apartments for the purchasers. Taking care of the maintenance, bills and rentals for the owners.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Re: August 1st 2007 My old “Field of Dreams” update.

Damn Billy. I am glad to see that things are moving along for you nicely. I am pretty sure you will get all of those condos sold. Do your thing. How the hell did Leno pull off getting his shit up and running after getting uncermoniously shut down before? I know. Cashing in chips.
    Last edited by blacksultan; 08-01-2007 at 09:53 AM.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blacksultan For This Useful Post:

Roy

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

If you're visiting Cristal Mustang don't forget your shades for the (how can I put this tactfully?) very Dominican color scheme. It was a little more tasteful in your day, Billy.

Thanks for the update, Billy. I expect you will have sold all the condos long before I get my shit together over here (I hope so for your sake, though not mine), but hopefully there will be something available for long-term rent by the time I arrive.

Just to clarify, you say "... we are now taking daily, weekend to long term rentals and have priced the accommodations accordingly." Does that mean for the condos for which you are responsible only? Are owners free to set their own rental prices or will there be a standard pricing policy to include all the condos?

And either way, will you be posting rental prices on your website or will guys need to write to you with their requirements and dates?

Best of luck with it all. Glad everything is now coming together after all the work and worry. And let's wish Leno all the best too, while we're at it!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Roy

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Where is it and what are the weekly rates?

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Roy

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

It is an age old news paper or tv news adage. "Do not let the truth get in the way of a good story". It made for good talk shows (they have them here) and news paper articles to have the hotel closed because of drugs and underage chicas even before Leno had started renovations. His mistake was the name he choose which was like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

The hotel will really be run in much the same way. It will be companion friendly and no on site chicas. Go out and get your own, a Cristals subsidy will be in place and a shuttle to the club available.

Leno (his Florida backers) has bought the land in front to the main highway and has plans for nice restaurant there (I suggested the name Hooters). I've been told here is a Hooters in Santo Domingo and he is checking on the franchise costs. I wonder if the copy right laws here are in forced.
    Last edited by DominicanBilly; 08-05-2007 at 05:53 AM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post

The hotel will really be run in much the same way. It will be companion friendly and no on site chicas. Go out and get your own, a Cristals subsidy will be in place and a shuttle to the club available.

Thats not what Leno told me when I saw him in early July.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

maybe thats what hes saying to keep people from shutting him down.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    It is an age old news paper or tv news adage. "Do not let the truth get in the way of a good story". It made for good talk shows (they have them here) and news paper articles to have the hotel closed because of drugs and underage chicas even before Leno had started renovations. His mistake was the name he choose which was like waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Leno (his Florida backers) has bought the land in front to the main highway and has plans for nice restaurant there (I suggested the name Hooters). There is a Hooters in Santa Domingo and he is checking on the franchise costs.
    I can't believe Billy wrote SANTA Domingo. And where, pray tell, is Hooters in Santo Domingo??

Maybe if he called it SHooters... lol

Hooters would never be assoicated with a cathouse. Trust me, I know...
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Idea Re: August 1st 2007 My old “Field of Dreams” update.

there isn't an official hooters in ths DR according to their website http://hooters.know-where.com/hooter...efault&lang=en
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I can't believe Billy wrote SANTA Domingo. And where, pray tell, is Hooters in Santo Domingo??

Maybe if he called it SHooters... lol

Hooters would never be assoicated with a cathouse. Trust me, I know...
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That's right, and there isn't an unofficial one either.

There WAS one, many years ago, that was put up by an American Ex professional wrestler, named Rocky um... something, but he got shut down in a matter of weeks.

He also built a waterpark on the Las Americas highway to the airport from Santo Domingo, which also shut down due to high eletrical costs way back then. You can still see it among the weeks if you look carefully

Imagine what his electricity would cost now... ha ha..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    That's right, and there isn't an unofficial one either.

There WAS one, many years ago, that was put up by an American Ex professional wrestler, named Rocky um... something, but he got shut down in a matter of weeks.

He also built a waterpark on the Las Americas highway to the airport from Santo Domingo, which also shut down due to high eletrical costs way back then. You can still see it among the weeks if you look carefully

Imagine what his electricity would cost now... ha ha..

I went to one in 1997? Maybe it shut down?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That would be correct. Their lawyers came after him like flies on shit. Stood around and watched while the police cleaned out the place.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Those nasty little double posts

Those nasty little double posts

Thread Information