Thread: Avenida Venezuela

Thanks

Avenida Venezuela

Hey guys, has anyone here been to the clubbing strip on avenida venezuela in santo domingo? Im coming to santo domingo the last week of august and I wanted to try out the normal club scene in DR for a change. Let me know what you guys suggest. Thanks.

PS my last trip to DR i didnt represent well with pics but Im gonna blow this board up with some photos come september.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Re: Avenida Venezuela

I'm not familiar with that area. Maybe prtyr2 or MrHappy might know (or someone else).

I'll also be visiting SD on the last week of August. If you wanna meet up, let me know.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Avenida Venezuela is the area where most of the local discos are located. To get there, you have to go east from the city, and once you go across the bridge, take the marginal road to the right, instead of going through the tunnel.

It's a little easier to get to if you go across the old bridge instead of the new one.

Once you're travelling on the marginal road, you'll spot it. It has a stoplight, and a hugh sign that identifies it. If you go a little farther, you'll come to Ave. Sabana Larga, but there's not much happening there.

There are also a lot of Discos on San Vicente, if you really want to get in the thick of things. Hell, you may want to try a car wash or two.

Don't be an ugly american, don't wear bling, don't wave around money, and you'll be fine..
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Venezuela is hopping on weekends. Streets are crowded, many clubs are as well. I was at eclipse for a Milly concert recently and have hit Latinos a few times in the last few weeks. I have stayed away from makumbas as they are loaded with drugged out, hiphop and reggaeton loving, tigres. The last 2 times I walked in, I left without a beer.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Are some of the girls in these clubs semi-pros? I actually want to experience the real club scene in dominican republic other than classicos and the piano bars. How do the regular girls respond to us handsome american gents. I'll probably be in the hip hop and salsa clubs myself. LOL What is a tigre?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ykg3000 View Post
    Are some of the girls in these clubs semi-pros? I actually want to experience the real club scene in dominican republic other than classicos and the piano bars. How do the regular girls respond to us handsome american gents. I'll probably be in the hip hop and salsa clubs myself. LOL What is a tigre?

Basically Dominicans are all friendly and when spoken to they respond back. Not one has looked at me in TEN years and ever said, "What the fuck you looking at"

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

Regular girls think very highly of Americans/Canadians for the most part(unless her father is American and she has never seen him), they require some conversation, (non sexual in nature) and romance, shower her with compliments, tell her you love all things under La Bandera, many of them have fantasies about how exotic you are. Play up the fantasy. Most good girls you will have to take on a real date and treat like a lady. Once you get the date out the way if she is not a cheek kisser you can start meeting for hook ups. A tigre is a catch all term for , hustler, pimp, predator
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Not really semi pros. If they are they are not there working but hanging out with friends. Not a ton of gringos go there etc. To get a girl to dance. . . .make eye contact, smile. . . .walk over to her table. . . hold out your hand. . . .. .and she will in 90% of instances grab your hand and follow you to the dance floor.

No real hip hop clubs but Makumba plays some and also tons of reggaeton. The place is packed with gangsta wannabes that all apprear to be drugged up. When I first started going to DR. . . .I NEVER saw hints of drug use. Now you look at people's eyse and many are just fucked up.

If you like Salsa, they will play sets at many clubs like latinos. A set of bachata, then a set of salsa, then some merengue, maybe some tipico and then some reggaeton. El Torre on San Vincente is more of a Salsa club. Have not been there in years.

Venezuela is packed with people walking around and partying on weekends. There are some smaller places, some bars, restaurants etc etc etc etc

WAY more packed than pedro clisante on a saturday night but packed with "normal" dominicans and very few tourists. I would love to get a group of 6-10 gringos and all head to latinos. I bet people would take notice to a table full of gringos.

My buddy and I went recently and he has lived in cuba for a while and seems to think all dominicans are hookers as well. He got shot down 3 times trying to get numbers etc. These are not the wealthy dominicans but it still is not 100% that they will dig you. We were in a taxi and passed a cute chica, my buddy starts yelling for her after we were a block passed yelling "veng aca" over and over. He then told the taxi driver to wait as he wanted to get her digits. . . . .came back with tail between his legs.

I had another buddy in town this week and his goal seemed to be getting digits. Asking most girls within 3 minutes of meeting em. Not the best approach. I have never been turned down when asking for digits. . . . .not because I am some stud, but because I only ask for numbers when I get a sure thing vibe that the chick is into me and even then will sometimes wait a few days to ask.

Thread Information