Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Hurricane Dean

Thanks

Re: Tropical Storm Dean

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I think the center will pass just to the south of DR. Although, the strongest wind gusts are usually found on the northern side of Hurricane rotations.
    Not totally true. Strongest winds are found on the advancing right forward quadrant. Hurricanes do move south and east at times.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Wops Need Love For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Re: Hurricane Dean

Quote Originally Posted by jadedANDcallous View Post
    too bad your info is inaccurate, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    So now it's time to say goodbye to Mickey and all his friends, M I C, K EY , M O U S E.
    For you fellows who are quite normal and just wanted to get updated on Dean, please excuse me for hijacking this thread.
    It was my intention to give as much accurate info as I could, which I did, until gladiator decided to challenge the info I posted.
    I don't mind being challenged, but when I prove my point and the dufus still goes on arguing he's right, then gets support from a mod, then DT himself comes on and posts more misinformation to support gladiator's mistaken claims, then I know it's time for me to leave and go somewhere where there are normal people who appreciate good info.
    It's been a slice, thanks for the fun.
    Regards, Marco.
    Rocky sent me a PM, just for reference sake I got my information from here:

http://maps.csc.noaa.gov/hurricanes/viewer.html

Hmm who to trust, Wikipedia or the agency responsible for tracking hurricanes....

PS. I will consoldate one matter to Rocky the next reading which was still within 20 miles of Sosua, but west, was 70 MPH, not a Hurricane, but never the less it arrived as a Hurricane according to Long/Lat at the above mentioned tracking site!
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,462 Times in 1,057 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    Rocky sent me a PM, just for reference sake I got my information from here:

http://maps.csc.noaa.gov/hurricanes/viewer.html

Hmm who to trust, Wikipedia or the agency responsible for tracking hurricanes....

PS. I will consoldate one matter to Rocky the next reading which was still within 20 miles of Sosua, but west, was 70 MPH, not a Hurricane, but never the less it arrived as a Hurricane according to Long/Lat at the above mentioned tracking site!
    The real point is that gladiator had no idea what he was talking about, insisted in basically calling me a liar, acted like a total jerk when asked for proof, trying to sidestep the issue, (as there is no clear proof of a hurricane ever hitting Sosua) just for the sake of his big inflated ego.
    The original statement I made was for the greater good.
    It is a point of interest and safety for any and all ISOC members to know thart Sosua and surrounding areas do not get hit by hurricanes.
    If one member acts like a jerk and gets put in his place for doing so, that's just part of life on a public forum, but when a mod comes on and backs him up in his misinformation and attack, then I know it's time to leave.

I know I'm nobody special in this world, but I have brought a lot of good Sosua and general DR info to this site.
    I have accomodated many member's requests for special favours, as I am here in place.
    I have also brought a fair bit of levity to this site, something that is sorely needed, and if the mods are willing to kiss some member's ass and foresake me and the value of what I brought to this site, then they can live with that decision forever, because I sure as hell am not going to want to contribute here anymore.

When honour and integrity don't count for anything, all is lost.

Tropical storm status of Eloise, also confirmed on this site. (Yellow track represents tropical storm level)
    http://weather.unisys.com/hurricane/...975/index.html
    Last edited by Rocky; 08-19-2007 at 08:34 AM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rocky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

I think we should just let this go if the parties agree.

I understand both perspectives. And i think they are both correct in their points.

Rocky indicates that Sosua never gets hit with Hurricanes. Ok fine! While this is in fact true, it can be misunderstood as, "it could never happen".
    Rocky, i'm not sure what your issue is exactly because i backed you up as well. You were 100% correct in your first statements about Dean. What we didn't need was the three of you throwing shots at each other (re-read the thread). It's that simple. When i get into a pissing match with others, MODs come to me (as i expect they would) and tell me to cut the shit out. And i do!

Nothing wrong with a good debate. I was just trying to keep it clean. You both got a chance to throw some shots at each other. And it was time to quit. So just handle it!!!!!

Thanks

Re: Tropical Storm Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Wops Need Love View Post
    Not totally true. Strongest winds are found on the advancing right forward quadrant. Hurricanes do move south and east at times.
    Your statement is correct but the eye was located about 160 miles to the south of DR.

Thanks

Rocky, i'm not sure what your issue is exactly because i backed you up as well. You were 100% correct in your first statements about Dean. What we didn't need was the three of you throwing shots at each other. It's that simple. When i get into a pissing match with others, MODs come to me (as i expect they would) and tell me to cut the shit out. And i do!

Nothing wrong with a good debate. I was just trying to understand. So just handle it!!!!!
    There was no 3 of us, unless you include yourself.
    I've never been a mod, but had I been in your position, I would have either straightened out gladiola on the mainboard or in private by PM.
    His whole argument that I was wrong based on his erroneous info about Jeanne was quickly cleared up.
    He went on the attack, and, as I am not a doormat for his abuse, I responded.
    If you are incapable of resolving problems at the source and think that just telling people to calm down is the solution, then you can understand why I no longer wish to participate on ISOC.

That's probably good news for you, as I clearly don't take guff from anybody, and it may just be less problematic for you for me to not be around.
    I still believe that ISOC loses a valuable member as I leave, but, who knows... Maybe I just have too high an opinion of myself and my contributions.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Obviously you're quite bothered by this. I'll send you a PM.

Thanks

Obviously you're quite bothered by this. I'll send you a PM.
    No need, thank you.
    I've disabled the feature and am on my way out the door/retirement, whatever one might call it.
    I wouldn't have even come back after making that decision, but the opportunity to prove gladiola wrong one more time, was too much for me to resist.
    It's been a slice.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

One last attempt!

In post#33, Rocky posted that Hurricanes don't hit Sosua.

Gladiator and others basically posted that it was possible.

Whether Gladiator or others had actual facts that a hurricane hit Sosua in the past was up for debate. The point was that IT WAS POSSIBLE.

Ok, the debate started and there is nothing wrong with a good debate.

In post #62, Rocky states, "care to back up those words".

In post #70, Gladiator states, "you should back up your words".

But as a moderator, i think it gets nasty in post #71 where Rocky states, "is english your native tongue?" Then it's followed up by post # 72 and 74.

Again, as a moderator i can see where this is heading. It's definitely turning into a pissing match. Then a 3rd a party gets involved and it only gets worse.

At that point i asked (very politely after backing up both Rocky and Glad) if both parties would agree to shut it down.

The point of this thread was to update members about Hurricane Dean. Enough said!!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information