Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nightmare in Sosua

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Re: Nightmare in Sosua

Fuck that bullshit, I'm an American citizen, I'd definitely call the embassy quick fast!!!
    I've offended you.....goood

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

yea I would definitely be on the horn with the embassy among other people and places. something tells me in this type of situation they would take and keep your cellphone and not let you make any calls or it could foil their plans.

this is a very interesting story that I am curious to see if there is an outcome.

that guy posted peoples names that hes accusing so something will have to happen.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    If this incident goes ignored it paves the way to allowing it to happen to anyone.
    Perhaps, but if Beanie won't file a complaint with his consulate, nothing will happen and maybe it's too late now anyways.
    His reason for not wanting to involve the consulate is hard to believe.

Also hard to believe is that someone who has less than $6,000 to his name would move to the DR.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Si_Poppi View Post
    Perhaps, but if Beanie won't file a complaint with his consulate, nothing will happen and maybe it's too late now anyways.
    His reason for not wanting to involve the consulate is hard to believe.

Also hard to believe is that someone who has less than $6,000 to his name would move to the DR.
    he didnt move there he said he was only staying a few months.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 967 Posts

Beads, I understand that you tend to believe this guy who supposedly named a few people were involved..another failure in this made up story is the supposed mal treatment in jail...no cop would dare to touch or hit a foreigner in jail, if the foreigner would have had probs with cellmates they beat the shit out of the dominican cellmates and let him sit up front at the main office desk...these wild times were in in the era of Trujilllo and are long gone.
    believe me this story is made up and aimed to hurt tourism in DR.
    best regards,

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jensenspecial For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jensenspecial View Post
    Beads, I understand that you tend to believe this guy who supposedly named a few people were involved..another failure in this made up story is the supposed mal treatment in jail...no cop would dare to touch or hit a foreigner in jail, if the foreigner would have had probs with cellmates they beat the shit out of the dominican cellmates and let him sit up front at the main office desk...these wild times were in in the era of Trujilllo and are long gone.
    believe me this story is made up and aimed to hurt tourism in DR.
    best regards,

I hope it all turns out to be lies but it does need to be investigated since he named people and has other people who back his story who live in Sosua. Supposedly he is still in town visiting (which is also strange I would have left) but none the less his story needs to be looked at.

Thanks

he didnt move there he said he was only staying a few months.
    You're right.
    He planned to be there 6-12 months.
    Still hard to imagine with less than $6k for him and his wife.

I can't believe the whole thing was made up.

I think Bushbaby summed it up pretty well.

"The scenario as I see it goes a bit like this (please correct me if I am wrong beanie).

beanie pops out for a cigar & walks into the closed restaurant,
    cop sees this & asks him why, to leave, & checks for (or suggests) drug usage,
    beanie gets indignant & aggressive (see later action in jail) & then storms away,
    police sees his power being challenged & arrests beanie.
    Beanie gets charged for suspicion of drugs & gets put 'inside' where he gets angry, shouts & yells & pulls bars away from there welded points (as he admitted).
    Police try to restrain beanie & enforce a little "Dominican restraint", the other prisoners get angry with beanie for disrupting their usual peaceful state & a little enforcement of their own follows.
    beanie is now charged with affray, damage to property & has to pay fine (THAT IS A LEGITIMATE FINE - fully documented with the 'reclamacion').
    During this period, a lawyer attends to beanie's needs in legal matters (chosen or not by beanie) & has to pay the lawyer, which he refuses at first & then can not later because there are insufficient funds immediately available. Wife is advised of situation & then complies asap by getting funds from ATM (or similar).
    Fine has been paid on the Sunday, solicitors are paid on the Tuesday with balance being paid on the Wednesday (5th day) & then he is released.

All this is within legal rights of the police & judiciary here & I think most of us would accept the right OF the police to proceed in this manner IF the scenario is correct. What I find to be beyond belief is beanie's rebuttal of the Canadian Consulate representative .......... UNLESS there was something outstanding somewhere which he wished kept quiet. It seems to me that the representative 'appeared' without beanie's request & THAT could have been because the Prison was following required protocol by informing the consulate following the realisation that beanie had not yet seen his consular representative!! ALL totally above board & legally correct procedures - NO scam, NO corruption & NO judicial malpractice! ................. Maybe." BB

Thanks

thats a lot of maybes. In Sosua most gringos are there to party and police are well aware of it. If Beanie was simply sitting in a chair after a bar has closed right on the main drag he should not have been approached fro sitting in a closed bar if he is just smoking a cigar.

People get totally drunk EVERY night in Sosua and the police have to deal with it. If this cop who was also undercover doesnt have the ability to deal with drunk and beligerent people on a daily basis he shouldn't be working in Sosua.

So Beanie now kissing the cops ass when he shows up doesn't quite fly with me as to getting him arrested.

If this were true theres a BUNCH of board members who would be arrested on ANY trip they make to Sosua.

There has to be more to this story.

Thanks

So Beanie now kissing the cops ass when he shows up doesn't quite fly with me as to getting him arrested.

If this were true theres a BUNCH of board members who would be arrested on ANY trip they make to Sosua.

There has to be more to this story.
    "beanie gets indignant & aggressive (see later action in jail) & then storms away," BB

This does not sound like Beanie kissed the cop's ass.
    Are you saying that a BUNCH of ISOC members do this?

It's probably more a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time and letting things escalate way too far.

Thanks

From the legal stand point this story does not make any sense. Deniro made a good analysis of some of the "holes" within the story. A person who has been treated in such manner would not say "I still like it here". At most, an exageration of some sort. There are corrupt cops in DR as in any other Third World countries; however, this story does not pass the smell test. Just be careful and don't bring unnecessary attention to yourself while abroad. The embassy should be the first place to contact when something like this happened. The other agencies mentioned above are also a good idea. Finally, the news, either local or international, if available. They will also be one of my choices. I do speak Spanish and would make so much noise that people will think twice before visiting the country. There are a few young reporters here and abroad looking for breaking news like this one to get their names out there. It is a fact that the tourism in Aruba came to a stand still when the family of the slain high school teenager engage the press. They still counting the losses. If this story is true, this guy should contact CNN.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goodmasterson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Supposedly he ate the bag of drugs in the police station. What a fucking wingnut! As new information comes out the story turns more into....

Beanie buys drugs and gets caught and has to pay for his release. Beanie is upset.

The guy should be happy the system was corrupt for him to be able to buy his way out of jail or hed be serving hard time in a DR jail. Not a nice place to be I bet.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Supposedly he ate the bag of drugs in the police station. What a fucking wingnut! As new information comes out the story turns more into....

Beanie buys drugs and gets caught and has to pay for his release. Beanie is upset.

The guy should be happy the system was corrupt for him to be able to buy his way out of jail or hed be serving hard time in a DR jail. Not a nice place to be I bet.

Seems the story was not as it was told by Beanie......and swallowing drugs...fuck man, what was he thinking.

It was good that Rocky revealed the true version....
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LM For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LM View Post
    Seems the story was not as it was told by Beanie......and swallowing drugs...fuck man, what was he thinking.

It was good that Rocky revealed the true version....
    Yea it was. He was put in a rough predicament but Beanie made it out like he was singled out for no reason. Thats some crazy shit.

I was warned about drugs on my first trip to the palace. John welcomed us and gave us the 5 minute speech which included

DO NOT BUY OR USE DRUGS IN THE DR! IT WILL COST YOU A LOT OF MONEY TO BUY YOUR WAY OUT IF YOU GET CAUGHT!

From what I have read it cost him $2500 USD to get off because he acted like a belligerent asshole the whole time. Thats a fair price actually when you consider he could have spent a few years in a DR prison.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks

let add this to the equation.... maybe he was lit up.. that might be true cuz you know how word gets around in sosua...he might have bought some shit from a motoconch and they rat-ed him out.. so the guys(police) have an inside track... thinkin "this guys knows he's coked up, he sould just pay and not want any publicity"...he's 38 def of age to be party-ing...but that's the way i would be goin.. i wouldn't be thinkin "hey thats impossible the cops would do that" yeah right![/

is it true he was lit up? did someone find this out?.....
    hey i think it was me that figured out he was coked up or something like that..

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Now you are starting to get to the truth. I was following this on DR1. Drugs were apparantly involved, which pretty much destroys this guys credibility and fully explains why he doesnt want help from the proper channels. If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck....

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck....
    I ll fuck it !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Damn that was one long thread to keep reading and reading and....

I sure am glad that the truth has come out in this situation. If I was caught for doing drugs, was disrespectful to the cops, refused to pay a bribe, swallowed the evidence, fought with the cops at the prison, and damaged property at the prison; I would expect the treatment I received in a 3rd World Country to be no less. In fact, I would be very thankful that I was still able to bribe my way out for as much as it took. Also, instead of staying around and trying to clear my name with a grand story on a open forum, I would high-tale my ass out of the DR!!! JMHO

Thanks
    Thanked 5,772 Times in 2,479 Posts

Beanie proved himself to be just another stupid, scumbag, drug addict. He either got caught with drugs or was targeted for shakedown because he mouthed off about using drugs to too many people (probably in an attempt to score). He was too dumb to pay the $5000RD bribe to get away, so he went to the Sosua jail.

Being that he swallowed the baggie at the station, I tend to think the drugs where his as swallowing an unknown substance is just stupid X100. Once he did that, all chances of a quiet pay off where over and the next morning he went to POP jail.

Now he is officially in the system. He will have to pay court fees, fines, lawer fees, and damages to the Sosua jail when he probably freaked out from whatever he swallows and ripped the welds in the jail bars.

Since he is an obvious flight risk and foreigner, his own lawyers petitioned to have him held until his lawyer fees where settled (which is why the laywer shouted it was OK to let him go once he got his money at the prison, probably not an uncommon practice). He turned away the Canadian Consulate, probably because of his alledged drug history in Canada.

So instead of a simple $5000RD bribe, dumbass ended up shelling out over $64,000RD and should probably just leave the DR because every shakedown cop is going to be messing with him from now on.

Now I hear that the arresting officer is trying to get Beanie fired from his job as a certified dive instructor. Probably because the cop is pissed than instead of a nice bribe, he ended up having to do a bunch of paperwork. Not a bad thing, as I know I'd not want to have a dive instructor that is that stupid and a drug user to boot.

I almost want to know where this guy works so I can avoid it as I have considered dive lessons during a trip.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to SJG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

The fact that he hasn't posted in that thread in 2 days speaks volumes.
    We surveyed 100 chicas and the top 69 answers are on the board. Here's the question...

I.S.O.B.B.C.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick Dawson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As I originally thought, the story did not pass the smell test. By reading the post it appears this idiot was into drugs, got cought, created his own mess and got what he deserve. If he wanted to do drugs he should have gone to Amsterdan. It is unfortunate that he decided to make up a story and thrash the country. Obviously, he could not take responsibility for his own stupidity. I am going to DR in October and I am glad I read this post; there is always something to learn.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goodmasterson For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information