Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a question about "VB Image Host"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Question Re: I have a question about "VB Image Host"

perhaps a dumb question but considering you can now buy a good quality HD in the 500 gig range for under $200 USD
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1172880157783
    why do we only have 50 gigs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    Hard Drive Space! Pics that come off of current cameras run about 2-3MB, we would have run out of space long ago. We only have a 50GB drive....
    i realize that the HD is not physically in your possession but...
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Re: I have a question about "VB Image Host"

Quote Originally Posted by jadedANDcallous View Post
    perhaps a dumb question but considering you can now buy a good quality HD in the 500 gig range for under $200 USD
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1172880157783
    why do we only have 50 gigs? i realize that the HD is not physically in your possession but...
    Hard drives like that don't go into servers. Hard Drives in servers are about $3-4 per GB not $0.40-0.50 per GB for home PCs. Also we don't own the server we rent it, so we would pay for an additional HD based on a rental price.

PS. I should have clarified we have 50GB for pics, the drive is actually 73GB total, but OS, database, etc. takes up the rest.
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

How about setting the max size of an uploaded pic be about 1MB? This will then force everyone to at least lower their camera resolution or use a program to resize the pics but will still keep the quality of the pic fairly intact. Of course, the Photobucket type service will always be there as well.
    We surveyed 100 chicas and the top 69 answers are on the board. Here's the question...

I.S.O.B.B.C.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Dawson View Post
    How about setting the max size of an uploaded pic be about 1MB? This will then force everyone to at least lower their camera resolution or use a program to resize the pics but will still keep the quality of the pic fairly intact. Of course, the Photobucket type service will always be there as well.
    We tried that and people complained, I guess you can never make everyone happy. Also 1MB is way to high, that's only 50,000 pics, for the record we have 57282 pics right now.

The simple way is to just upload unformatted/uncompressed pictures and let the server compress them, don't complain when you compress them and then upload them, double compression never works well.

As for Photobucket, yes they will always be there but your nude pics on there won't be.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

As for Photobucket, yes they will always be there but your nude pics on there won't be.
    I've found that ImageShack seems to be more lenient in terms of nude/semi nude pics. Only one person that I know of has ever had a problem with them.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dick Dawson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Hard Drive Space! Pics that come off of current cameras run about 2-3MB, we would have run out of space long ago. We only have a 50GB drive....
    What about a link to another site (photobucket isn't monger friendly) but there are other sites out there that are.

Image shack and the like will not delete the pictures of monger exploits.

Just offering my advice and experience as a person with years of IT experience.

I can understand the constraints of limited server space but there are other options that still are available to the ISOC community.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Dawson View Post
    I've found that ImageShack seems to be more lenient in terms of nude/semi nude pics. Only one person that I know of has ever had a problem with them.
    Image Shack is pretty 'Chica" friendly, and use them alot...had a problem with them once about a year and a half ago.....all is OK since
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3 View Post
    What about a link to another site (photobucket isn't monger friendly) but there are other sites out there that are.

Image shack and the like will not delete the pictures of monger exploits.

Just offering my advice and experience as a person with years of IT experience.

I can understand the constraints of limited server space but there are other options that still are available to the ISOC community.
    Make a list for me since I have never gotten into uploading nude pics, I have mostly been on the receiving end.

Any others besides Image Shack that are nude friendly?

I will either make easy to access links or maybe even an interface to make it even easier for our users.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information