Thread: Different Kinds of Rooms at BlackBeards

Thanks

Different Kinds of Rooms at BlackBeards

Question for experienced BlackBeard's visitors: Trying to choose between these two:

Single Deluxe $45.00 Large size room,King size bed, A/C, Ceiling Fan, Remote TV, Mini Bar

Deluxe Jacuzzi Suite $55.00 Large size room, King size bed, A/C, Private 3-person Jacuzzi, Ceiling Fan, Remote TV, Mini Bar

$10.00 difference no big deal, but is the Deluxe really nice?

Also, any preferences re. main floor or upper floors etc? Only reason I ask is when I went to HedoII, it was quite important where your room was with respect to access to different things.

Same here or does it not matter? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Blackbeards

As for which floor, it really doesn't seem to matter. Unless you plan on being so drunk that u cannot climb the stairs (no elevator).

Now the rooms, I would personally say that there is no reason to pay extra for a Jacuzzi room, the main Jacuzzi is already a lot of fun! Delux rooms - well there is a suite up on the third floor that they just put in a now huge shower, ant the room itself is very large (I think 2 bedrooms and living room. There are also 2 suites in the main building (upstairs beside the reception desk) around what I believe is now the new upstairs bar. These 2 are aslo very large, the one here has the jacuzze with a skylite.

Personally, I am not normally in the room to enjoy the room. I am either having a little sleep, or, busy with other things, enjoying chica scenery rather than room scenery!

Thanks
    Thanks for the info - appreciate it.

Thanks
    JT--

My info for BB is a bit out of date, but last year the standard room for me was quite adequate. Ask if they have rooms that have generator powered AC, which someone else reported they now have, because otherwise when the power goes out so does your AC. Some guys say to run it full blast all the time so that when it goes out it isn't so bad, but I tried that and those rooms seem to heat up real fast when it goes out, not much insulation I think.

If the more expensive room has a bigger bed then that might make it worthwhile, although I found the bed in the standard room to be quite large and comfortable, best I've had in the DR.

But I haven't been there in a while and there are changes so others could tell you better. Maybe someone could report on those new rooms that I hear they have added.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

About rooms

I was there in early June. I stayed in the standard room (D-6 to be exact. The window faced the Jacuzzi outside). They're not all that big but it really shouldn't matter for what you're planning on doing. And yes, the generator was on that side so when (notice I said when, not if) the power went out (which was at least 2 to 3 times a day) , I didn't lose the A/C.

Thanks
    As I asked in the thread I started earlier, anyone stay at the Penthouse.

Is it worth it?

Thanks
    As I asked in the thread I started earlier, anyone stay at the Penthouse.

Is it worth it?

Thanks
    Dogwood

Never stayed in the penthouse, but you want to find out if there is adequate AC for the entire space. At the groundfloor apt there was no air in the largest space, the living room. It was sweltering in there. Useless space.

Thread Information