Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So excited ! My first monger trip ever! and to SD

Thanks

So excited ! My first monger trip ever! and to SD

Hi Everybody! I joined this board last year and ask a Few Silly Dopey question preparing for my first monger trip ever and first time to Dominic Republic. A year has past, and I have read just about every post and learned allot since then... from this website..

Well, I am ticketed to Santo Domingo for arrival on October 23 departure October 30 2007.
    I am fully aware on the how too's and how much and where to stay and who to avoid (hoodlum guides,rip off cabbies etc.. so on.
    I have some finale questions that I was not able to find using the search function.

1. What are the bill dominations for the DOP

2. Exactly what store on Conde that can sell me a used cheap unlocked cell phone with some minutes on it. I need the store to speak English. I speak little Spanish.

3. I have not made reservations for my hotel yet. My decision is between the Discovery hotel and the Mercure on Conde. Between the two, which hotel has a room safe that a medium size(15.1 inch screen) laptop will fit into the room safe? This info will be the deciding factor.

4.I like to keep in shape. What would be a busy/large gym frequented by locals. Not a hotel gym. I liked to see the some DR women working out. I am learning some Spanish and who knows I might meet a somewhat nonpro. I know their is a Gold's gym in SD but how far is it from Mercure and or Discovery hotel? And is it busy with lots of DR women? Any other gym you guys know that full of locals chicas?

Special thanks to the "Cheeno" for SD reports. If any body else here is going to be in SD on my dates and wants a newbie wingman here and there send me a message.
    Thanks to everybody on this board and website.

Hopefully, I get some great pictures to share to you all
    Dizzy in Dallas.
    Last edited by dijinn; 10-04-2007 at 10:15 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dijinn For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 699 Posts

Re: So excited ! My first monger trip ever! and to SD

Have fun. "Ravaging sweet young chocha is the fountain of youth."
    Viejo Verde

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ingus_Khan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy in Dallas View Post
    3. I have not made reservations for my hotel yet. My decision is between the Discovery hotel and the Mercure on Conde. Between the two, which hotel has a room safe that a medium size(15.1 inch screen) laptop will fit into the room safe? This info will be the deciding factor.
    A laptop with a 15.1 inch screen will not fit into the room safes at the Mercure hotel. The photo below shows the room safe in my room from my latest stay at the Mercure.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Marco For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    A laptop with a 15.1 inch screen will not fit into the room safes at the Mercure hotel. The photo below shows the room safe in my room from my latest stay at the Mercure.
    just get a laptop cable lock, works great for me
    CHICA_SEEKA

" NEVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN'

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicaSeeka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Hi Everybody! I joined this board last year and ask a Few Silly Dopey question preparing for my first monger trip ever and first time to Dominic Republic. A year has past, and I have read just about every post and learned allot since then... from this website..

Well, I am ticketed to Santo Domingo for arrival on October 23 departure October 30 2007.
    I am fully aware on the how too's and how much and where to stay and who to avoid (hoodlum guides,rip off cabbies etc.. so on.
    I have some finale questions that I was not able to find using the search function.

1. What are the bill dominations for the DOP

2. Exactly what store on Conde that can sell me a used cheap unlocked cell phone with some minutes on it. I need the store to speak English. I speak little Spanish.

4.I like to keep in shape. What would be a busy/large gym frequented by locals. Not a hotel gym. I liked to see the some DR women working out. I am learning some Spanish and who knows I might meet a somewhat nonpro. I know their is a Gold's gym in SD but how far is it from Mercure and or Discovery hotel? And is it busy with lots of DR women? Any other gym you guys know that full of locals chicas?

Special thanks to the "Cheeno" for SD reports. If any body else here is going to be in SD on my dates and wants a newbie wingman here and there send me a message.
    Thanks to everybody on this board and website.

Hopefully, I get some great pictures to share to you all
    Dizzy in Dallas.

Hello Dizzy in Dallas, how are you doing?

Marco prepared a very nice thread about the Mercure
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=65547

At Hotel Discovery, your laptop will not fit into the room safe
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62634

Gold Gym

The Gold gym is around a 15 to 20-minute drive (depending on traffic) from the Discovery Hotel. I have been to the Gold gym two times and the facility is the best in Santo Domingo.

I usually went at night (around 7pm) and the place is quite busy. The male to female ratio is very close to even.

If you go to the Gold gym, then I recommend that you join a cycling class (or any class that you like). The cycling class is an hour long and had around 15 people (and most of them were females).
    So grab a cycle next to a female and start a conversation.

For example, if the class starts at 7pm, then get there at around 6:45pm and chit chat with a few of them.

Body Health
    There is another gym called “Body Health”. This place is a major shit hole. And the male to female ratio is around 8:1. LOL

So if you want to go to a gym, then I recommend Gold Gym.

GBP
    There is another gym……..lol……..its called “GBP”. “GBP” is actually a chica-casa that has a fitness room. The fitness room is shitty. But some of the equipment work. LOL

Its 1,000 pesos for a full-body massage and sex. And you can work out at the fitness room before or after a nice fuck.
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62793

If you have any other questions, please check post #5 in this thread

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=67195

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Cheeno is definitely the SD expert read all his reports and you should be fine. Hes got everything covered food, transportation, hotels, and where to find the best deals on chicas!
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

If you are Dizzy in Dallas your head is really going to spin in SD.

Have fun.........take pictures

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

The first trip. I remember that feeling of joy!

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

But Santo Domingo is not where you want to go for your first trip!!

What made you decide on SD?

Why not do 5 days in a monger city(boca or sosua) and the other 2 in Colonial City, SD?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

SD.....Nice pick bro,...I prefer the location of Hotel Mercure over Discovery but then, that's just me. Discovery is on the circle across from Pacos (I think that's the place) so there is traffic. It's close to the Malecon I'm told.

Have not had a security issue in Mercure. (laptop) I always hang the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and leave the TV on when I am gone so it sounds like someone is in the room.

At night, balance five or six coins on the door handle if you're concerned someone may try to enter (or LEAVE without your knowledge), when the handle is moved the coins will drop and wake you up.....LEAVING without your knowledge would be tough as Mercure security likes you to come down with your future-ex when she retrieves her cedula.

Mercure gives you a key and tumbler set for the safe and the key is said to be unique so they will charge you if you lose it. They do have an internet center as well as WiFi.....so you may want to leave the laptop at home....(I go to pound puta not my keyboard)

Remember to attend the daily puta parade out front of Hotel Mercure's patio...every morning and very evening....you're future-(ex) awaits you!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks everybody. I choose SD because the pictures of the puntas in Sousa did not appeal to me much. Boca Chica looks kinda ratty also. But I will visit Boca Chica on Saturday and Sunday. I also wanted to spend a couple days in Balyhiabe on the beach there. I going to do the Sanao Island tour. I am also going into LaRomana at night to see if I can score any "18+ age only" beauties that Chucky posted so often about. I wrote down all the information hotels,bars before it got deleted. I may have to add a couple days to my trip.
    I decided to leave the laptop at home.
    Can anyone tell me what the bill dominations are? (ones fives, tens,twenties, so on)? I prepaid 45$ + tax room at the Mercure.

Dizzy in Dallas

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dijinn For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Thanks everybody. I choose SD because the pictures of the puntas in Sousa did not appeal to me much. Boca Chica looks kinda ratty also. But I will visit Boca Chica on Saturday and Sunday. I also wanted to spend a couple days in Balyhiabe on the beach there. I going to do the Sanao Island tour. I am also going into LaRomana at night to see if I can score any "18+ age only" beauties that Chucky posted so often about. I wrote down all the information hotels,bars before it got deleted. I may have to add a couple days to my trip.
    Can anyone tell me what the bill dominations are? (ones fives, tens,twenties, so on)? I prepaid 45$ + tax room at the Mercure.

Dizzy in Dallas
    Coins are:
    1 peso
    5 peso
    10 peso
    25 peso
    60 peso (new)

Bills:
    10 peso
    20 peso
    50 peso
    100 peso
    200 peso(new)
    500 peso
    1000 peso
    2000 peso
    Last edited by MrHappy; 10-06-2007 at 07:55 AM.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

Say "HELLO" to Santos when you check in at hotel Mercure for me.

The view from room 512 is nice. Right across from the patio at Mercure is a shopping area (mall if you will). There was a cambio in the barber shop there, the rate was decent, the girl running it was smokin hot and available. (Tall, lean and a spunkable face)

The cambio out the front doors of Mercure is now in a blue van (yeah I know) haggle with the guy...He gave me 32.9 to 1.

I must say the best rate I saw last week was in the airport from the BANK 33DRP to 1USD.....online was 33.6 to 1

Pacos on the west end of Conde seems to be real fair too! I wish I was YOU....but I have to wait til December!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Coins are:
    60 peso (new)
    I thought the pre-decimal British coinage was the most illogical in the world, but what country would want to issue a 60/100 coin? (I know it is to commemorate the 60th anniversary, but even so ...)

Thanks

Dizzy, I hope you have a good time in DR but it seems to me you are trying to pack too much in a first-time, 7 day holiday (La Romana, Boca Choca, ...).

Scoring non-pros without any Spanish and in the first trip with 7 days stay is quite a hard target to acheive, so just enjoy yourself and go with the flow. Good luck in any case....

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ingus_Khan View Post
    Have fun. "Ravaging sweet young chocha is the fountain of youth."
    And licking assholes builds strong bones and muscles.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Have a great trip...
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

I am getting back into SDQ on the 20th and am not sure how long I can stay before heading to buenos aires. PM me for info. I would not recommend a few days in Bayahibe if you are mostly here to monger. Stay in La Romana and definitely do the Isla Saona tour, it is cool. La Romana is not very far from bayahibe and way better for mongering.

Dizzy in Dallas

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I thought the pre-decimal British coinage was the most illogical in the world, but what country would want to issue a 60/100 coin? (I know it is to commemorate the 60th anniversary, but even so ...)
    What could be more practical than a $2 coin and a $6 bill? I'm going to collect a buch of them and drive those Chicas crazy. What color is the new bill? I already get the 100's and 1,000's screwed up. I'm getting too old to see in the dark .
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

32. The Following User Says Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Hey Dizzy in Dallas

Here are two pictures of the gym I told you to avoid.
    Just get a daily (or weekly) pass at Gold Gym.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information