Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Price Increases

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Latest Price Increases

I havent been to the DR since July and from what I am hearing there have been quite a few price increases in Sosua. Anyone who has been there in the past 2 weeks can provide recent prices for some items would be greatly appreciated.

I have heard of some bars asking for 140RD for a presidente. This is a domestic beer and they are asking over $4USD for it? in July it was 100RD. I also saw a condo rental price which was 25% higher then it was in July.

I realize times are slow at the moment but trying to make the few customers pay more to make up for missing sales is only going to drive away more people.

Local hotel rate? (name hotel and price)

Price of presidente in local supermarket or colmado?

Price of presidente in local bars?(name bar and price please)

Price of a cuba libre? (name bar and price please)

If moto conchos have increased rates ?

Taxi rate from POP airport to Sosua?

Taxi rate from STI airport to Sosua?

Any other typical prices so we can see how much of an increase in price things have gone up if any in the past few months. Thanks.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

Re: Latest Price Increases

Can't help you on the North Coast but I paid:

$63 per night (for two) at Hotel Mercure including breakfast.

$6.50USD for a six-pack of Presidente Light, $4.00USD for a 750ml bottle of Brugal and under a dollar for liter bottles of Coke at La Dispensa, a grocery store on El Conde.

A Presidente Grande and order of papas fritas was $160DRP at Meson de Luis in the ZC

Hope this helps

I too have noticed an increase in pricing in some spots in the south. By the time they add in the 10% tip and ITBS of whatever that 16% bullshit tax is.....prices ain't much different than SOFLO....although Hotel Mercure was charging me $2.50USD per beer last week.

Hopefully, the government won't start taxing the chocha!

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,572 Times in 735 Posts

Smile Re: Latest Price Increases

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    I havent been to the DR since July and from what I am hearing there have been quite a few price increases in Sosua. Anyone who has been there in the past 2 weeks can provide recent prices for some items would be greatly appreciated.

I have heard of some bars asking for 140RD for a presidente. This is a domestic beer and they are asking over $4USD for it? in July it was 100RD. I also saw a condo rental price which was 25% higher then it was in July.

I realize times are slow at the moment but trying to make the few customers pay more to make up for missing sales is only going to drive away more people.

Any other typical prices so we can see how much of an increase in price things have gone up if any in the past few months. Thanks.
    I think it's time to expand you horizons Beads!! & checkout Colombia!!

"THE GAME"

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to THEGAME For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by THEGAME View Post
    I think it's time to expand you horizons Beads!! & checkout Colombia!!

"THE GAME"
    It could be the final push buddy! Do they have chicas to hit you over the head with 2 by 4's and big sticks on the side of the road there too?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 376 Posts

It could be the final push buddy! Do they have chicas to hit you over the head with 2 by 4's and big sticks on the side of the road there too?
    What's that about. I musta missed something.

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Here right now, haven't paid more than 100 for a Presidente and that was in CLassicos

In a condo, no Idea what they are, but the condo was a little more than a year ago, but not much 255 per week

Bought a Grande from Siempre Sol was 100 I think
    Dirnking mostly Cuba libre, but they are under 100 eveyrwhere except Classicos and latinos, can't rememebr excat prices as we take turns buying rounds, but it is 60-80 in most places. El Bohen charged 180 and Crytals is 150.
    No, although they will try to charge more especially the one sin front of Classicos, I avoid them

I find the chicas are getting really unreal getting lots of 1500-2000 ST offers that I walk away from. It seems more hardcore around here and fewer good deals around for chicas.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 860 Posts

I reported on terrible chica deals... This time, 3 chicas quoted this Newbie americano 2000 US---yes I fuckin' said US, for the whole night, just to see his response... Fuck!!!

Had to Pay 100 Pesos to park at Sosua Beach on Sunday....Went on a tirade to the dudes there in Spanish that they would make americans stop coming to their fucking country, cause they weren't smart tryin' to get too greedy... Dudes just smiled and took my hundred pesos.... :-)

This chic started telling me about Miami, and how Whores in Miami make 1000 US a night...

There favorit line is "I know it's noting to you Papi, it's noting to you"....

All the chicas Call me Taquento now... cause I'm just tryin' to do 1000 short time, and still 1500 all night (gettin' harder and harder)....

Incogneg

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Inconego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Incogneg View Post
    I reported on terrible chica deals... This time, 3 chicas quoted this Newbie americano 2000 US---yes I fuckin' said US, for the whole night, just to see his response... Fuck!!!
    Are you serious ? Thats some fucked up shit.Even if they did look like a bunch of idiot Gringos , thats just fucked up. I would have laughed so hard I spit my drink all over them, and then give them 200RD , now go buy yourself a new outfit with that. Who do these Ho's think they are? Im starting to feel less & less empathy for them every time I hear shit like this.

Thanks

Unfortunately supply and demand. Also happening in big cities in Thailand and Cambodia, got to go up country for lower rates. More girls wanting GFE looking to own their own walking ATM. Fookem, still more supply then demand, just negotiate or keep on. Shit, you should see them here in Vegas, its all relative.
    Co-Founder of the Variat and Batiar Foundation

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Had to Pay 100 Pesos to park at Sosua Beach on Sunday....
    We stopped parking in the lot about a year ago. Next time, park on the main road where the buses park. There are some steps there that lead down to the beach. It will put you right in the middle of the beach.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    We stopped parking in the lot about a year ago. Next time, park on the main road where the buses park. There are some steps there that lead down to the beach. It will put you right in the middle of the beach.
    it is 50 pesos a day to park there, I get like a great spot there and papi watches my car
    CHICA_SEEKA

" NEVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN'

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicaSeeka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChicaSeeka View Post
    it is 50 pesos a day to park there, I get like a great spot there and papi watches my car
    50 pesos for what? We've never paid anything. When Papi comes over, we tell him no gracias. Last month, we parked there about 3 times.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    know what you mean, just never had that problem before...

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Inconego For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Me and my buddies are heading from oct 30 thru nov 5 and we are virgins to the DR. The one thing I have learned from this forum is don't overpay the chicas. If One quotes a outragous price move on to the next one. I am here to feed the needy not the greedy.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to passasabe For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Had to Pay 100 Pesos to park at Sosua Beach on Sunday....Went on a tirade to the dudes there in Spanish that they would make americans stop coming to their fucking country, cause they weren't smart tryin' to get too greedy... Dudes just smiled and took my hundred pesos.... :-)

This chic started telling me about Miami, and how Whores in Miami make 1000 US a night...

There favorit line is "I know it's noting to you Papi, it's noting to you"....

All the chicas Call me Taquento now... cause I'm just tryin' to do 1000 short time, and still 1500 all night (gettin' harder and harder)....

Incogneg
    I thought it was public parking there...at least it was free for the locals...
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Hi Beads

I see you were "outed" on this topic on DR1. Who is your friend DRob? He loves you almost as much as Mr Pink does!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,572 Times in 735 Posts

That was a very funny Day!! Steve, nearly shit his pants!!

"THE GAME"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Hi Beads

I see you were "outed" on this topic on DR1. Who is your friend DRob? He loves you almost as much as Mr Pink does!
    Weyland:

I do not hate anybody, I just get tired reading fiction on the internet.
    Stop stirring the pot Abuelo.

mp

PS : The Beer and Ron prices have gone down NOT up in the past 6 months!
    Let's get the job done!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to MisterPink For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

The problem in the NORTH seems to be these bitches in the cum swap clubs (PFP on site) are realizing that either you guys are too lazy to chase some fresh ass down and hit it ......or you got no game...(Don't espic Spanish, don't know the culture...)

South Beach bitches for a grand a night...yeah it's true...and there's a lot of third world hoes kickin it down here too (www.independentgirls.com shows them)

TREAT THEM LIKE 7-UP (Snoop Dogg) Neva have, neva will

If you can stomach the noise in the Colonial Zone....ST is 1000 or less (in your HO-tel room) and TLN fo fiteen hundret is everywhere.

It's cheaper to fly into SDQ too! (Coming from SoFlo) Sounds like Sosua is beaches and bitches an' I ain't got time for that....not to mention "the look" up there is not as exotic as I'd like....me gusto SDQ, STI...y los colleges....

El Capitan is willing to set up a South Coast Cunt Crash in early 2008 with any ISOC that wanna hook up. (After February...I am booked down there on biz until then)

EC speaks Spanish and will negotiate for you.....just smell good, be halfway polite...and be willing to accept the price you get, nothing worse then trying to barter after you had yo' nut....

...and remember my sig line!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPink View Post
    Weyland:
    I do not hate anybody, I just get tired reading fiction on the internet.
    Stop stirring the pot Abuelo.
    Did I use the word "hate" or anything close to it? You cannot deny that your running feud with Bead has kept us all entertained since the Great Statue Seller Controversy. I value you both. Beads has patiently coached me in the skills of obtaining anal sex, and you have enhanced my bachata collection.

Abuelo? Does my daughter realise she is a mother?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information