Thread: Cops nab two in Boca Chica murders

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Cops nab two in Boca Chica murders

The National Police have announced the arrest of two of the three suspects in the murder of two Italians last week in Boca Chica. The two charged with the murder of Mauricio Banci last Monday are Omar Santana Perdomo (a.k.a. Yunior), 18, and Pedro Luis Perdomo, 22. The latter is also charged with the murder of Marino Manam. A third suspect, David Manuel Espinosa, is currently at large, and the police are urging that he turn himself in in order to "avoid unfortunate events." The two arrested were said to have planned and executed the assault on Banci, who was killed in a hail of bullets. Later on, they were said to have also killed Manam. The pair are being held for hearings on their bail or incarceration pending trial.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Re: Cops nab two in Boca Chica murders

Also last Sunday the Canadian owner of the Las Canas Hotel just outside Sosua was murdered.....throat cut apparently

Hope they arrest someone in that one.....
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LM View Post
    Also last Sunday the Canadian owner of the Las Canas Hotel just outside Sosua was murdered.....throat cut apparently

Canadian killed in Dominican Republic (Dominican Today News)

SANTO DOMINGO.- A Canadian man is dead after an apparent attempted robbery in the community of Gaspar Hernandez in Espaillat province early Sunday morning.

The victim was 63-year-old hotel owner Hugh Edward Gannon, formerly of Winnipeg, Manitoba. Lieutenant Dario Antonio Alejo of the National Police detachment in Espaillat said the preliminary cause of death was knife wounds. Newspaper El Nuevo Norte said earlier today that Gannon was found with his throat slit and a smaller wound to his nose, but Alejo could not confirm whether that was the case.

Martin Gomez Cooper, 26, Johnny Familia Bonilla, 25, and Eladio Polanco Martinez, 24 have been taken into custody for questioning. Alejo said one of the suspects had blood droplets on his boots and jeans, but would not specify who.

Gannon owned the Windsurf resort in Cabarete and Las Canas cabanas in Gaspar Hernandez. He was staying in one of the cabanas when he was killed. His wife, Vivian and eight-year-old daughter were in another cabana at the time of the murder. There were no guests at the cabanas that night, Alejo said.

Police believe the motive for the murder was theft, Alejo said. A 9mm pistol registered to the victim is still missing.

Author:
    Alexandra Pope

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LM View Post

If you read it, it is the Las Canas Cabanas in Gaspar Hernandez, not close to Sosua but past Caberette

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

Sad but true....my ATF was robbed in front of al Faro de Colon in SD by three guys with machetes not long ago.....they took her purse and ran off.

Personally, I always have "something" with me....I purchased my own defense that my ATF brings me when she picks me up at SDQ. (In my home state we have CCW permits...it's a "natural feel") I do not have a Dominican "permita para porta"...yet

The larger Presidente or Bohemia beer bottles make great pursuaders when walking late at night, they are heavy and when they connect with the cranium, leave a nice impression. When broken they make a great cutting device.

Basic thought, create a diversion, change the immediate intent.....run like a mo fo

Having lived in the Bahamas, Honduras, CR and the states, it is unfortunately how one should think....but.....

Should you defend yourself in the DR, don't stick aound...it is policy to arrest EVERYONE involved until the victim proves he/she was endangered.....leave the area, change hotels/city, fly out on time.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    (In my home state we have CCW permits...it's a "natural feel") I do not have a Dominican "permita para porta"...yet

Basic thought, create a diversion, change the immediate intent.....run like a mo fo

Should you defend yourself in the DR, don't stick aound...it is policy to arrest EVERYONE involved until the victim proves he/she was endangered.....leave the area, change hotels/city, fly out on time.
    Great advice. I also have CCW permit and it does change your perspective when traveling where there's no reciprocity. This is why I advise people to travel with at least one wingman if they plan to wander off the "reservation". It's "just in case of shit" insurance.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following User Says Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was reading some of the Newspaper articles online. Turns out I worked for this guy in 1983. He owned a restaurant I worked at in Winnipeg. I thought the name was familair.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,151 Posts

Damn, I wish the DR had CCW reprocity
    CHICA_SEEKA

" NEVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN'

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChicaSeeka View Post
    Damn, I wish the DR had CCW reprocity
    I don't worry about that...my ATF brings my irons to the airport and I "do my thing" while I am there.

Sometimes is easier to ask for forgiveness, than it is to ask for permission. In my case, I'll take the chance and be alive to ask for forgiveness.

There was another hotel owner killed in BC earlier this year...part of my reason for "relocating" to SD....more tourist police on the streets.

Safe travels!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    I was reading some of the Newspaper articles online. Turns out I worked for this guy in 1983. He owned a restaurant I worked at in Winnipeg. I thought the name was familair.
    That was certainly quite honorable to mention he used to broadcast stolen cable on DR1. The guy was murdered, why not focus on the positive?
    "Small world"...... duh!

mp
    Let's get the job done!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPink View Post
    That was certainly quite honorable to mention he used to broadcast stolen cable on DR1. The guy was murdered, why not focus on the positive?
    "Small world"...... duh!

mp
    I better quote this because you will probably delete it again! You are such an ass.
    He was an innovator and was one of the first to use Satellite,(not cable you drunk!) and he was quite proud of using it. He was interviewed in the press all the time.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

This goes to show the area we call our little playground isn't always safe. Everyone should try to be as careful as they can when wandering into less traveled areas especially alone.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    This goes to show the area we call our little playground isn't always safe. Everyone should try to be as careful as they can when wandering into less traveled areas especially alone.
    The guy was killed in his own room at his hotel, not like he was walking some barrio at night.

And for Captain, WTF with the big beer bottle ?

That's some scary stuff and it shows how some people are desesperated there ( or druged up ? ).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenacional View Post
    The guy was killed in his own room at his hotel, not like he was walking some barrio at night.

And for Captain, WTF with the big beer bottle ?

That's some scary stuff and it shows how some people are desesperated there ( or druged up ? ).

According to the news articles one of the possible reasons he was killed was for revenge. He was involved in a traffic accident and someone was killed. The guys family sued and lost. They came after him for that. At least that is one story.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information