Thread: Air Service info needed

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Air Service info needed

Hey guys,
    While I was in Santo Domingo a couple weeks ago, a chica told be about a private airport close to SD where you can buy a ticket clsoe to Sousa or P.P for 50 bucks.
    Beats the 4 hr bus ride !!!..anyone know the airport that offers this?
    if so what is the daily flight times ect...

Thanks
    ad IS IT JANUARY 17th YET??????

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Re: Air Service info needed

Quote Originally Posted by skynyrd View Post
    Hey guys,
    While I was in Santo Domingo a couple weeks ago, a chica told be about a private airport close to SD where you can buy a ticket clsoe to Sousa or P.P for 50 bucks.

Thanks

Hey skynyrd

I would still take the bus and here is why.

#1. It is much cheaper than taking the plane. You can save yourself a ST or TLN session.

#2. You will still have to pay for the cab ride to the airport and from the airport in Sosua to your hotel. So the price (including the air fare) will add up right away.

#3. If the weather is not good, chances are, there will be a delay or cancellation. But for the bus, there is neither a delay nor a cancellation.

#4. You will meet plenty of non-pros and chicas in the bus. And a 4-hour bus ride actually goes pretty fast. You can take a nap, chat with a non-pro or chica, listen to music, or just chill.

#5. I've heard that the airfare is more than $50 USD.

Metro Bus
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=68515

Caribe Tours
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=68514

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Cool Re: Air Service info needed

i'd be very interested in this info also.

the only company i know of, and i ave flown with, is

http://www.takeoffweb.com/

but they do not fly SDQ to POP unfortunately.
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Hey guys,

Thanks
    Air Century, S.A. offers flights between Sto. Dgo. and Punta Cana for $75 each way. It is a 35 minute fllight in a modern jet. We took a side trip to Punta Cana a year ago from Santo Domingo. We took a very large and overcrowded bus to Higuey (they used milk cartons to create a seating area the length of the aisle) and another, smaller bus from Higuey to Punta Cana. Rather than go downtown, we got off at the airport, went to the commuter terminal and arranged to fly back in two days on Caribbean Air which is the other operator at the domestic terminal. We stayed at a resort on the beach in Bavaro but that's a story for another thread. The plane ride back was way more comfortable than the bus ride and it gave us a beautiful sunset view of the entire South coast East of Santo Domingo at low altitude (<3,000').

Now having said that, let me say this....domestic air travel in the Dominican Republic is like everything else there. It works when it works and it works how it works. The three and a half hours we saved by not taking the bus back was spent waiting around the terminal for them to drum up enough customers to make the flight profitable. We had snacks & drinks and had just spent two days in jacuzzi suites getting our brains fucked out by superstars so it wasn't really a biggie as our overall contenometers were pegged. If there was 1 less passenger they would have scrapped the flight until the next morning. Also, these domestic flights normally land at La Isabella airport in Santo Domingo (there are 3 there). We were instructed on approach that we were to land at Las Americas instead.

Don't get me wrong. I had a great trip and a great stay on this occassion and enjoyed the bus ride, the plane trip and the absolutely drop dead gorgeous Chicas of "La Punta". You just have to set your watch to "Dominican time" and go with the flow. After all, it is the land of low expectations. You can get more info on domestic travel in the DR on DR1.com.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Well thanks for the replies although NOT whatI anted to hear !!!
    The chica I met a couple weeks ago in Santo Dom said 50.00 US and it flies everyday

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Thread Information