Thread: Aventura - 11/10 in Jamaica, Queens

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 954 Posts

Aventura - 11/10 in Jamaica, Queens

A heads up to all that may be interested.......Aventura will be performing at Amazura in Jamaica, Queens this coming Saturday night. They have been performing in a lot of clubs in the NYC area the last 2 weeks or so and this is their stop in Queens.

This is the same place that I saw Zacarias Ferreira on 10/27/07. I am sure the place will be packed considering its size (HUGE) and the fact that they sold out the Garden back in September.

Rumor has it a certain ISOC member who is now infatuated with Columbia will be making a guest appearance!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Aventura - 11/10 in Jamaica, Queens

I went to see Aventura along with 2 other members from the site Saturday night at Amazura. The place was packed - with the expected compliment of screaming girls.

The one thing that bothered me as opposed to when I saw Zacarias a few weeks ago at the same place is that you were unable to dance on the dance floor while they were playing. Girls literally started lining up in front of the stage once the doors opened at 1015PM and stayed there until they went on a little before 2AM. So all dancing was done around our tables while they were playing which was not so bad. They were the ultimate showmen and played for a solid 2 hours.....all of their hit songs and they did not sound that bad in person.

It was a good party and we all had a great time - lots of dancing and partying prior to them going on stage. The place had a little of a Classicos feel to it in the sense of the number of single women there.

One great thing I found out that night is that Zacarias is still in town and is appearing at different clubs in the area. I will definitely be on my way to see him again in less than 2 weeks. He was that good that night I saw him.....he is playing at some places up in the Bronx, BK and on the Island. The show I will probably hit is at the Huntington Hilton on Route 110 on 11/24. He is at Rumba Sky in Hempstead on Thanksgiving night but that will be a tough one to get to. (That was for you Hemp just in case you are interested!)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 1,330 Posts

I have a Zacarius Ferreira flier for 11/24 and it says the Sheraton, Brentwood, Long Island (LIE x53). I doubt he's playing Huntington too the same day, double check that. Tickets start at $40, 631-484-5983.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BCell For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BCell View Post
    I have a Zacarius Ferreira flier for 11/24 and it says the Sheraton, Brentwood, Long Island (LIE x53). I doubt he's playing Huntington too the same day, double check that. Tickets start at $40, 631-484-5983.
    Thanks for the heads up....they may have the hotels mixed up.

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Damn, I would of liked to go to this concert too., but I will be in Sosua instead that night....
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    Damn, I would of liked to go to this concert too., but I will be in Sosua instead that night....
    If I can be so bold Jimbo........FU!!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Magnum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    Damn I may ( May being the key word ) be in the DR too, what a shame I really wanted to see them live
    Guess I will have to just play the music from my Ipod and get raped by some horny, peso hungry dominicana chic that night... oh well
    CHICA_SEEKA

" NEVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN'

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ChicaSeeka For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

AVENTURA'S MANAGER (JOHNNY MARINES) SPEAKS ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED IN UMBRELLA'S LOUNGE

To all of our fans who showed up for Aventura at Umbrella on 10/29:

I wanted to write this to clarify exactly what ocurred last night so that our fans would understand that Aventura complied 100% with its obligations.

By 1:00 the group and all of the musicians were waiting outside of Umbrella. We were informed that our performance would commence between 2:00 – 2:30 AM. Some time after 2:00, I went to the office to collect the agreed-upon payment from the promoter. The promoter kept us waiting and told me that he had some issues with the money – I don’t know if someone stole part of it or exactly what happened.

It is to be noted that the owner of Umbrella, a venue we have always held in high esteem, kindly offered to pay us the sums the promoter owed.

However, while in discussion with the promoter and the club owner in the office, a fight broke out in the VIP section on the second floor. Things got ugly, with people throwing bottles and tables at which point the police arrived and the performance was cancelled.

Naturally we are sorry we were not able to perform. However, this was not due to any irresponsibility or bad faith on our part. The Umbrella performance is part of the tour “Gira del Pueblo.” Aventura booked this tour after selling out at the Garden and has been criticized by business people for returning to small clubs rather than doing venues commensurate with our place in the industry. La Gira del Pueblo was the group’s idea, straight from the heart, in order to visit all of the spots, and fans, that have been so important in the success of our career. Naturally we are not happy not to have performed at Umbrella, and even worse, that our fans would have such a negative experience when they came out to support us and hear us play.

In addition, we understand that someone got on stage and said that we would be playing a free concert on Sunday. This is not true because all of our dates are booked solid. We will not be able to return to Umbrella during this tour.

For fans looking for a refund, please contact the club.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours truly,

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum View Post

He is at Rumba Sky in Hempstead on Thanksgiving night but that will be a tough one to get to. (That was for you Hemp just in case you are interested!)
    thanks...

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

I was one of the members of the site that was there with Magnum... It was a very nice show... Advanced tickets were 50 bucks and at the door u had to pay 80 bucks to get in!!! Expensive if u ask me for a club but i had a great time... Thanks Maggie for pickin up those advanced tix for me! Unfortunately i will miss the next Zacarias show cause ill be in Medellin Colombia... Im sure i will make the best of it
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Saturday night....

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thread Information