Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to Sosua

Thanks
    Thanked 3,298 Times in 229 Posts

Getting to Sosua

A special request to all you LEARNED gentlemen out there.

I am an Aussie guy who will be in Las Vegas for a trade show Oct 6.

I then have 4 or 5 spare days prior to my departure back to Australia from LAX on Oct 12.

I REALLY REALLY want to get to Sosua for a few days for cross-cultural experiences.

Can any fellow monger please advise what might be my easiest, cheapest and most sensible flights to get from LV on Oct 7 to POP and returning from POP to LAX to catch a 21.20 flight out of LAX.

Please help if you can, please understand how difficult it is trying to tie up flights from such a remote location and please bear in mind I start with the normal handicap of living my whole life upside down.

Thanking you all in anticipation and hoping I might get to share a few beers with anybody who might be able to assist me.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts
    Hey Mate,

http://www.jetblue.com
    LAS to JFK 6 flights daily
    1:40a 9:35a 260 D Non-Stop
    10:20a 6:20p 192 D Non-Stop
    12:45p 8:45p 198 D Non-Stop
    3:40p 11:40p 194 D Non-Stop
    5:05p 6:00a 285 / 92 D LGB
    11:25p 7:20a 196 D Non-Stop

JFK to STI (Santiago) 2 flights daily
    6:50a 10:25a 423 D Non-Stop
    9:45p 1:20a 425 D Non-Stop

Return STI to JFK
    2:20a 5:55a 426 D Non-Stop
    11:25a 2:59p 424 D Non-Stop

JFK to LGB (Long Beach Airport)
    7:00a 9:50a 205 D Non-Stop
    8:35a 11:25a 221 D Non-Stop
    10:50a 1:35p 209 D Non-Stop
    2:00p 4:50p 223 X6 Non-Stop
    4:25p 7:20p 215 D Non-Stop
    5:40p 8:50p 219 D Non-Stop
    6:30p 9:45p 217 D Non-Stop

It's an 1-2 hour cab ride from Santiago to Sosua.

It's 22 miles from LGB to LAX. You can even plan it with minimal connection times depending on when you leave LAX, I would allow at least 3.5-4 hours to get from LGB to your seat on the plane in LAX.

I punched in your info LAS to STI (Oct 7th) return STI to LGB (Oct 12th)
    $246 & $275.88 for a total of $521.88+taxes.

I doubt any other airline would be cheaper

Thanks
    Don Thomas

Mate you are a legend.

I'll look closely andsee if these flightswork for me.

Thanks a million.

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts
    Impressive Don! You are indeed the man!!

Ok, now that the sucking up is through, let's see if you can do better than me in regards to getting there from Atlanta August 14-22.

:?: :?: :?:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gdogg
    Impressive Don! You are indeed the man!!

Ok, now that the sucking up is through, let's see if you can do better than me in regards to getting there from Atlanta August 14-22.

:?: :?: :?:
    Hey now I am not launching a second career as a travel agent just helping someone outside the US find routes inside the US. I am sure you know about the major US airlines, Orbitz, PriceLine, etc.

Thanks
    Yes guys please DO NOT overburden Don Thomas with requests for assistance- he will be flat out helping this simpleton from down under!

What I should have added into my original request was that price is NOT the over riding factor here - I am using frequent flyer miles to get to and from LAX from Australia so have no cost there.

Most important to me is the chance to get 4 full nights in at Sosua and get back to catch a flight out of LAX on Oct 12 at 21.20pm if possible.

Yes I know what you are thinking - goddam Aussies wanting all the answers without putting in an effort to find out info for himself.

Trust me brothers - I am not real smart - but I can lift heavy things - no seriously - no doubt one of my fellow mongers has done a similar trip before or planned on doing so - I can only ask right?

Thanks
    Ok here is the deal of the century, price & time!

Trust me the ride from/to Santiago will be very nice. There has been several threads about taxis between Santiago and Sosua, also DominicanRay advertises his services under the Santiago section. He is a very safe/sane driver with a safe car.

Also the simple fact you will lose an entire day if you go to POP because there is no way to get you from POP to LAX in one day. :x

http://www.aa.com

You didn't mention when you could leave on the 7th I noticed you are going to Vegas for business and so I presume you could leave the night of the 6th.

LAS Las Vegas 10/06/2004 23:15 - MIA Miami 10/07/2004 06:48

MIA Miami 10/07/2004 11:03 - STI Santiago 10/07/2004 13:03

STI Santiago 10/12/2004 10:51 - JFK New York 10/12/2004 14:27

JFK New York 10/12/2004 16:00 - LAX Los Angeles 10/12/2004 18:56

You get 5 full nights! Arrive the afternoon of the 7th, in Sosua by 4pm the latest! On the way back you have to wake up early (7ish) but you get back to LAX with 2:20 to spare! Even better idea since you are getting 5 full nights, spend the last night in Santiago!

All for the low price of $788.90US and that is with taxes!

PS. For $30US more you can fly into POP but you arrive at 14:58 (with a 6 hour layover in MIA), so by the time you get the tourist card, get bags, payoff (err I mean clear) customs you are pulling into Sosua around 4pm. But you still have to fly out of STI.

PPS. If we ever cross paths down there or even down under, you owe me a Grande Cerveza

Thanks
    Don Tomas - what can I say.........................MARRY ME PLEASE !!!

Mate you are an absolute f**king legend.

Thats all I needed......................man that makes life easy.

Thanks
    Damn I must be bored...I am presuming this is your first trip to the DR...Please anyone else chime in...

October 7th arrive in Sosua 16:00 Hopefully you sleep on planes.
    1. Check in to The Sosua Palace (it's either Blackbeards in Puerto Plata or The Sosua Palace in Sosua for first timers)
    2. Grab 1, 2, hell 3 Palace chicas and party, you won't even have to walk back down from your room, go to the balcony and hiss and hold up your fingers for the number of chicas you desire!
    3. Go grab a bite to eat (been plenty of recommendations) and if you are up to it hit D'Latino's, Classico, High Caribe, see if you like one of those three main/big clubs in Sosua. First night just browse of course if you find something you want early just take her from club to club.

October 8th
    1. Spend time at the Sosua beach, do your tourist/shopping thing also check out the smaller bars of Sosua or get a massage. If horny return to the Palace and grab 1, 2, 3,... chicas and party!
    2. Eat when you "tango hambre"
    3. Find fellow mongers and take a trip to Puerto Plata, visit: Crystals, El Bohen, and long beach, heck even swing by Blackbeards if inclined.

October 9th (decision time)
    repeat step #1 (beach, bars, shop, massage, etc.)
    2. You have three main choices:
    - Puerto Plata and the places you visited the night before
    - The main/big clubs in Sosua
    - Check out something new with the smaller bars/clubs of Sosua

October 10th
    Repeat October 9th.

October 11th - Head to Santiago.
    1. Leave around noon, get to Santiago in the early afternoon. Go to a couple carwashes (Kalvin's, Corona, etc.) if you don't like anything check out the night clubs (Ilusions, Passions, Casa Blanca) after grabing dinner.
    2. Decide on a chica and check into a Cabana, only tried Helios; awesome two floor room, marble stairs, jaccuzi, California king bed, etc. (about $50US for 8 hours)

October 12th (buy tissue)

PS. The Palace is wide open the days you are there, I am sure more will come but worse case John is always willing to answer questions and guide you. He has numbers for taxis, fishing, etc.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SosuaPalaceVIP/

Thanks

Tomas

If anyone had any doubt about you that just went out the window.
    The posting of your trip report and now helping out a fellow monger
    with an itinerary that ekes out an extra night of mongering.

Good show mate,

JD

Thanks
    Don

Once again thank you for your invaluable contribution.

Yes it is my first visit to DR - but hopefully it will live up to my high expectations and I will be a regular vistor in the future.

Your suggested intinerary looks surprisingly like my recent visit to Batam in Indonesia - and also to my upcoming sojourn to Beijing - on each occasion I also had to / will have to spend 1 day working and 4 or 5 days in cross cultural promotion with whatever little angel I decided on.

I will post a comprehensive 'first trip report' after I arrive back in Australia which might just assist other would be mongers to also take the plunge in DR.

Some of you guys reading this might be interested in my return flight to Australia - 18hr direct flight LAX to Singapore - 3 hour stopover - then 7hr flight Singapore to Melbourne - shit happens huh - but a guy has to do what a guy has to do.

The power of the pussy - don't you just love it?

You spend 9 months getting out of the damned thing and the rest of your life trying to get back in!

Thanks
    I was half joking, Don. I've mapped out every possible scenario. I was going to land in Santiago, since the price was a LOT cheaper. But since my schedule doesn't match the flights, I think I'll just eat the extra cash and go to POP. I will be on vacation, and want all to be hassle free.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,077 Times in 954 Posts
    Don Juan,

Bad Boy should be muttering the words Te Amo to you!

Bad Boy,

I have never heard the words "cross-cultural experience" used for getting laid. I am writing that one down!

Thanks
    PPS. If we ever cross paths down there or even down under, you owe me a Grande Cerveza

Grande Cerveza=Large Beer
    I still got it!
    (shut up, Beas )

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    Hey Uncle Don,

i need you to plan out my vacation... during my 9 days in DR i wanna get ass about 20 times... get my balls licked at least 30 times, have 14 massages eat 2- 3 meals daily eat no pussy, go to 2 bachata concerts, maybe check out the 4wheelers, go to fun city for a day, stay in sosua and santiago..etc... plan my vacation please and let me know how many condoms i should bring...and how much loot

Also, im looking into going on a cruise ... let me know my options out of Brooklyn! ...

gdogg... im proud of you man.. your learning

Thanks
    Hey Uncle Don,

i need you to plan out my vacation... during my 9 days in DR i wanna get ass about 20 times [Simple go to the Palace, remove shoes & socks (maybe wash feet first) and hold up both hands and feet, unless deformed that equals 20!] ... get my balls licked at least 30 times [Are we talking 30 different times, or just 30 licks from the same chicas, of course with 20 at one time you should be able to devote at least 2 of them to ball licking], have 14 massages [walk down to Passions 14 times!] eat 2- 3 meals daily [walk to restaurants 2-3 times a day] eat no pussy [You got to lick it before you kick it!], go to 2 bachata concerts [Those are planned without much notice but just look at the signs on the streets while walking to Passions & restaurants], maybe check out the 4wheelers [I refer this one to Vak, he is the adventurer], go to fun city for a day [Santiago], stay in Sosua and Santiago [Sosua Palace & Hotel Platino (or a cabana if only 1 night in Santiago)]..etc... plan my vacation please and let me know how many condoms i should bring [ONE, recycle baby, make the world a better place]...and how much loot [Well you owe me $1,000US for the travel services, I will send the wire transfer info later - as for how much to bring well somewhere between $500US & $5,000US should do it]

Also, im looking into going on a cruise ... let me know my options out of Brooklyn! ... [Sorry I was raised in the best city in America (Chicago), never made it to NYC]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas
    Hey Uncle Don,

i need you to plan out my vacation... during my 9 days in DR i wanna get ass about 20 times [Simple go to the Palace, remove shoes & socks (maybe wash feet first) and hold up both hands and feet, unless deformed that equals 20!] I didnt catch this one... get my balls licked at least 30 times [Are we talking 30 different times, or just 30 licks from the same chicas, of course with 20 at one time you should be able to devote at least 2 of them to ball licking],different of course u butthead have 14 massages [walk down to Passions 14 times!] eat 2- 3 meals daily [walk to restaurants 2-3 times a day] eat no pussy [You got to lick it before you kick it!],i have never and will never eat pussy in the DR go to 2 bachata concerts [Those are planned without much notice but just look at the signs on the streets while walking to Passions & restaurants],the signs are mainly on the main roads and on the roads going to STI from sosua maybe check out the 4wheelers [I refer this one to Vak, he is the adventurer], go to fun city for a day [Santiago],Wrong again DOnnie... its on the way to POP not in STI stay in Sosua and Santiago [Sosua Palace & Hotel Platino (or a cabana if only 1 night in Santiago)]..etc... plan my vacation please and let me know how many condoms i should bring [ONE, recycle baby, make the world a better place]now we know who distributes the AIDS virus in DR *wink*...and how much loot [Well you owe me $1,000US for the travel services, I will send the wire transfer info later Your info Sucks... stick to flight arangements - as for how much to bring well somewhere between $500US & $5,000US should do it]im thinkin about $2000

Also, im looking into going on a cruise ... let me know my options out of Brooklyn! ... [Sorry I was raised in the best city in America (Chicago), never made it to NYC] NYC is the best and i think deep down you know it my friend
    ... Im still proud of you Gmoney!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    during my 9 days in DR i wanna get ass about 20 times [Simple go to the Palace, remove shoes & socks (maybe wash feet first) and hold up both hands and feet, unless deformed that equals 20!] I didnt catch this one...
    Jimmy & others have commented numerous times that if you want 3 chicas you go to the Palace and hold up 3 fingers, hence the 20 fingers & toes.

eat no pussy [You got to lick it before you kick it!],i have never and will never eat pussy in the DR
    We all march to a different beat, hell "Mamartoto" was the first slang word I learned in the DR.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynnBeas
    go to fun city for a day [Santiago],Wrong again DOnnie... its on the way to POP not in STI stay in Sosua and Santiago [Sosua Palace & Hotel Platino (or a cabana if only 1 night in Santiago)]..
    You lost me there what's on the way to POP?

plan my vacation please and let me know how many condoms i should bring [ONE, recycle baby, make the world a better place]now we know who distributes the AIDS virus in DR *wink*
    Oh don't worry I use bleach not just plain water!

PS. Not getting into a pissing contest of which one is the best city...

PPS. One more thing Mr. Prince of Sosua, you would think someone who has a good understanding of the Spanish language and culture (you mentioned this before) would understand that "Don" is a title of respect. My name is Tom/Tomas. (I can dish it out as well as I can take it)

One more thing forgot to tell you I was using your other line too, damn that worked with the chicas in Santiago..."Ahora Yo Puedo Morir Porque Ya Yo Vi El Sol Del Cielo Esta En Tus Ojos" Please post more for me to use!

thanks again

Liability Statement
    These are opinions of mine, I do not absolutely state Chicago is better then NYC, so no suing me because your feelings got hurt. Also the bleach comment for washing condoms was a JOKE, if you get AIDS following my directions it's not my fault!

Thanks
    PS. BrooklynBeas, this is all "tongue in cheek" we are about the same age and if we ever met in the DR we would probably be arguing over who wants to buy the round at the bar!

Hopefully we will meet one day!

Thanks
    thats funny... no offense is ever taken on this board... i will no longer tell my lines though because then everyone will start to use them and when i try to use them on a chica they will tell me they heard it from someone else already and i wont get free ass .. haha...

Fun CIty is a go cart track that you pay about 150 pesos and you can ride all day... the gringo price is prolly about 350 pesos... make sure you ask a dominican the correct rate before you pay for entry or bring a chica with you and tell her to buy the tickets..

give the guy running the fast track 100 peso tip and he will pull out a pin for you so the pedal goes down further and you go faster!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like a big kid talkin about this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information