Results 1 to 5 of 5

  1. #1
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the Swamps of Jersey
    Age
    60
    Posts
    16,623
    Thanks
    8,624
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

    a letter to Black Beards

    Hey,

    Thanks for a couple of minutes for some information gathering.

    I'm planning a trip with 3 or 4 of my friends for this September and wanted to know about the TV situation.

    We are planning on arriving on Monday, September 20th but NEED to know if you have USA TV network ABC - - the trip is being worked around American NFL football and we need to know if we can watch the Monday Night Football game at Black Beards.

    Also, I was told that the bar and restaurant at your hotel closes at around 11:30 or 12:00 at night, but that the pool and TV stay on as long as needed. Is this correct? I don't care what time the staff goes to sleep as long as we can continue the party until the football game is over.

    Can you tell me if you have 3 rooms available in the main building (above the bar) for Sept 20, 21, 22. Not sure if we want to stay there or poolside but are discussing it (AC issue). I want to stay in the other building on the first floor (Air Conditioned or not) but my buds are paranoid about sweating to death and having the pool close at 11:30 at night. (that would suck)

    thanks . . . and I'll see you in September. But we'll come on Tuesday instead of Monday if we can't watch the NFL at your PARADISE so fill me in !

    REALLY ! ! THANKS !

    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Age
    2010
    Posts
    Many

  3. #2
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the Swamps of Jersey
    Age
    60
    Posts
    16,623
    Thanks
    8,624
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts
    just sent it and I will fill you in on the reply.

    Can anybody here answer the questions?

  4. #3
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Somewhere in the Swamps of Jersey
    Age
    60
    Posts
    16,623
    Thanks
    8,624
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts
    Good service and a great answer was awaiting me in my inbox this morning.

    Jay

    See below

    Please let me know if you want to book these rooms. Also, if you want airport pickup, please send your flight information

    Regards

    David McBride

    General Manager

    www.blackbeardsadultresort.com

    809-970-3268

    809-970-3599

    Thanks for a couple of minutes for some information gathering.

    I'm planning a trip with 3 or 4 of my friends for this September and wanted to know about the TV situation.

    We are planning on arriving on Monday, September 20th but NEED to know if you have USA TV network ABC - - the trip is being worked around American NFL football and we need to know if we can watch the Monday Night Football game at Black Beards. We get all American Network Stations

    Also, I was told that the bar and restaurant at your hotel closes at around 11:30 or 12:00 at night, but that the pool and TV stay on as long as needed. Is this correct? I don't care what time the staff goes to sleep as long as we can continue the party until the football game is over. The Bar closes at 1:00am, but you are welcome to watch TV as long as you like

    Can you tell me if you have 3 rooms available in the main building (above the bar) for Sept 20, 21, 22. Not sure if we want to stay there or poolside but are discussing it (AC issue). I want to stay in the other building on the first floor (Air Conditioned or not) but my buds are paranoid about sweating to death and having the pool close at 11:30 at night. (that would suck) I have 3 Deluxe Singles and the Jacuzzi Suite available

  5. #4
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Feudville, NJ
    Posts
    3,283
    Thanks
    3,512
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts
    Jayman,

    I was there in June and I can confirm both that fact that they do get ABC, CBS and NBC. They don't carry Fox, UPN or the WB though and they'll run the TV in front of the bar as long as you want. There is also a TV in the restaurant area which is opposite the bar.

    If your friends are worried about sweating and you're gonna get rooms on the side above the bar, make sure that one of the rooms you get is room D-6. That room is the last one at the end and the window faces the jacuzzi so you can see any and all activity that happens there.

    I'm trying to get some friends to do another trip sometime in September or October as well especially since Continental is $260 for that time. That's $140 less that I paid for my June trip.

  6. #5
    Apr 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Age
    61
    Posts
    116,988
    Blog Entries
    6
    Thanks
    325,576
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts
    I have stopped by Blackbeards a few times and I believe that if you go in a group of 3 or more for 3 days or so you should have a great time. They usually have contests there every month as well as their weekly shows. The owner is aware of the internet and tries to please, because he knows he is repeatedly reviewed by various mongers on alot of sites.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions