Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: English-Spanish-English Online Translators

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine
    They're bloody expensive. Download 'em!!!
    The girls won't give you funny looks. They're just happy to have a monger they can actually talk with as well. Plus they still want your money. And the more you talk with em the more you'll start using their dialect as well.
    Hook up with a girl you like to talk with next time and get her number so you can talk to her on the phone once you get home.
    I do and then you really start improving.
    By the way: get a number of girls, cos invariably requests for money with fake sob stories will pop up. Then you'll have to break it up.
    So far only one girl survived with me. She's at 5 months now. The number two record holder lasted 3 weeks. All the other ones less..........
    I'm a take that into consideration. I just recently posted an ad on Amigos so I can get a little practice going. The sob stories won't affect me at all cuz all I do is start laughing. But damn, the girl that came in 2nd lasted 3wks. Guess you really had to drop them hoes fast cuz of their bullshit.

Thanks
    Well, my personal rule is to drop em once they ask for money. I tell em this upfront. I tell them I will not send Western Union, so not to be asking for it. Unfortunately most don't think I'm serious and ask anyway. Which wouldn't be so bad if the stories weren't so stupid. They always get sick. And then when you see em again when you return and ask to see the scars of these horrific car accidents, they start to point their finger at some part of their body real convincingly and invariably there's nothing to see :-).
    Still, nothing beats learning the language fast like talking to a girl an hour a day........although some just do not understand they have to talk more slowly than they're used to....

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts
    They are all going to ask for money...this is a 3rd world country...it is all in the way they approach you.

Thanks
    Oh, hell no, there will get no money from me through Western Union They'll definitely be cut off at that point, but I make sure to mention it at the beginning, eventhough she still will ask me later.
    Yeah, them girls talk extremely fast. Sometimes I don't even think their completing their words.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by knottydredd
    Oh, hell no, there will get no money from me through Western Union They'll definitely be cut off at that point, but I make sure to mention it at the beginning, eventhough she still will ask me later.
    Yeah, them girls talk extremely fast. Sometimes I don't even think their completing their words.
    I am not going to lie...I have sent $$ to DR back when I was a rookie, and even after I became a seasoned vet.

It all depends on the chica. I met one recently on amigos.com, and before I even arrived in DR the bitch was begging for $400 US...I cancelled her contract with the quickness.

Now another example was a nice tight chica that I have been fucking raw dawg for 4 years...she calls me up and says Samuel I need some money for food and my kids school...of course she can get a few dollars.

Reasons

She hardly ever hits me up for cash...and 2 she waxes the ass the way GOD meant for the pussy to roll.

Many mongers may disagree with me, but this is America and we can all have our different viewpoints.

But believe me you will never, ever find a beyotch in NYC that will fuck and suck you the way they do it in DR.

Thanks

Dread-on!

Actually, what they do a lot is not use "S's" For example, "estas" becomes "eta", which will leave anyone scratchin their heads. And this carries over to many other words as well. Or they will leave subject pronouns out, so one has little idea as to who they are referring to.

For speaking, the cd's are a great help, but the best lesson is learning verb tenses, and if you are close, they can figure out what you mean.

And of course, the more you speak ,the better you get. My buddy just got back from DR this week, and told me that his girl ( who I talk with a lot) thought my spanish was getting better than his, and I've only been studying ( on my own) and speaking for barely a year. He's got more than a year of nite classes in. TAlk TAlk Talk, and listen listen listen. You'll get it sooner than later.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3
    I am not going to lie...I have sent $$ to DR back when I was a rookie, and even after I became a seasoned vet.

It all depends on the chica. I met one recently on amigos.com, and before I even arrived in DR the bitch was begging for $400 US...I cancelled her contract with the quickness.

Now another example was a nice tight chica that I have been fucking raw dawg for 4 years...she calls me up and says Samuel I need some money for food and my kids school...of course she can get a few dollars.

Reasons

She hardly ever hits me up for cash...and 2 she waxes the ass the way GOD meant for the pussy to roll.

Many mongers may disagree with me, but this is America and we can all have our different viewpoints.

But believe me you will never, ever find a beyotch in NYC that will fuck and suck you the way they do it in DR.
    But what about Remy?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    But what about Remy?
    Well she is a special case. The family treats me well.

Hell her moms cooked me a spagetti dinner last night and I get to bang her daughter in the restroom at McDonalds on my lunch break...

It doesnt get much better than that.

LOL.

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Ghost
    Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine
    Pimsleur is da bomb!
    It taught me to hold basic conversations with the girls within a couple of weeks.
    I play em in the car to work.
    Where can I purchase this Pimsleur?
    you can get it through kazaa or morpheous or if you want to pay for it ...any Books-a-million or similar book store
    I got all of mine from Kazaa. It takes a while, but it's worth it. I also agree with going to a discount/used book store. Just make sure you use it. I got a lot of stuff and didn't budget enough time to learn it properly.

Thanks

Reasons

Maybe somewhere very far down the line, many years from now, I can say the same thing. I can't hate on you because you've known the girl for some time and she doesn't do it on a regular.

Thanks

Re: Dread-on!

Quote Originally Posted by RearWindow
    Actually, what they do a lot is not use "S's" For example, "estas" becomes "eta", which will leave anyone scratchin their heads. And this carries over to many other words as well. Or they will leave subject pronouns out, so one has little idea as to who they are referring to.

For speaking, the cd's are a great help, but the best lesson is learning verb tenses, and if you are close, they can figure out what you mean.

And of course, the more you speak ,the better you get. My buddy just got back from DR this week, and told me that his girl ( who I talk with a lot) thought my spanish was getting better than his, and I've only been studying ( on my own) and speaking for barely a year. He's got more than a year of nite classes in. TAlk TAlk Talk, and listen listen listen. You'll get it sooner than later.
    I've been recently watching alot of Spanish oriented channels so I can get use to hearing it on a regular basis, but I definitely need way more practice. I'm trying to study it more and more each day so I can understand a bit of what they say. Hopefully I can master the language within the next year or so.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts
    What i've done in addition to trying to learn a little spanish, is write down some of your basic rap when speaking to a chica. ie. what's your name, do you have kids, where are you from,pretty eyes, whatever. And at least learn those phrases... That's a start.

Thanks
    What i've done in addition to trying to learn a little spanish, is write down some of your basic rap when speaking to a chica. ie. what's your name, do you have kids, where are you from,pretty eyes, whatever. And at least learn those phrases... That's a start.
    Watching univision and the novellas will help you understand the language as well.

Thanks
    Watching univision and the novellas will help you understand the language as well.
    I actually have about 10pgs of spanish terms that I got off another site before I went in September, but procrastinated when using it once I got there. Got lazy since I didn't really need to know it. Those novellas are extremely helpful, but I feel like one of the chicas watching it. I start getting too involved with the show.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

Domincan shows

Here are some of the Dominican shows that I know of off hand that air on Channel 47 Telemundo. I don't believe they air on the entire network so those of you outside of the NY area won't see these.

Merengue Y Mas - Music show. I've seen it on Saturday nights at various times

Relajate (Relax) - Comedy show feauring a Domican cast. Comes on either Midnight or 12:30am Sunday nights.

Those are the only Domincan shows I know of off hand.

I also try to listen to Mega & Latino Mix when I'm in the car commuting back and forth.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gdogg
    WSJ3, that is one SWEET azul elevator. BTW, is Remy, NYC chica or Sosua...some of the pics were a bit ambiguous.
    Remy is pure NYC...soon to be ATL if I have my way!
    When she gets here, make sure she stops by my house

Thanks

Re: Dread-on!

For speaking, the cd's are a great help, but the best lesson is learning I've been recently watching alot of Spanish oriented channels so I can get use to hearing it on a regular basis, but I definitely need way more practice. I'm trying to study it more and more each day so I can understand a bit of what they say. Hopefully I can master the language within the next year or so.
    I actually increased my Spanish while in the DR by watching TV with spanish subtitles. TV can definitely help with learning. I'd write down phrases while watching a movie. It actually worked!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTrick
    Quote Originally Posted by gdogg
    WSJ3, that is one SWEET azul elevator. BTW, is Remy, NYC chica or Sosua...some of the pics were a bit ambiguous.
    Remy is pure NYC...soon to be ATL if I have my way!
    When she gets here, make sure she stops by my house
    She'll be of no use to you when I get through with her. But hey, I'll send her anyway.

Thanks
    Those novellas are extremely helpful, but I feel like one of the chicas watching it. I start getting too involved with the show.
    LOL!!! And those novellas are SO baaaaad. We complain about the generic soaps here..man , those on latino tv are the worst...and we wonder where the chicas get these ideas from

Thanks
    Those novellas are extremely helpful, but I feel like one of the chicas watching it. I start getting too involved with the show.
    LOL!!! And those novellas are SO baaaaad. We complain about the generic soaps here..man , those on latino tv are the worst...and we wonder where the chicas get these ideas from
    ...Yeah, but if he can follow the story lines enough, the chicas will be enraptured by him when they learn that he knows about them/watches them too! They'll look at you like you just stepped out of a U.F.O., and they will be delighted! Makes for great conversations with chicas...try it...you'll see!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information