Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizen Uprising in the DR - things are getting worse in Li Cey!!

Thanks

Citizen Uprising in the DR - things are getting worse in Li Cey!!

Uprising in the DR

things are getting worse in Li Cey!!

Follow this DR1 link

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48546

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Re: Citizen Uprising in the DR - things are getting worse in Li Cey!!

PART 1

I witnessed some of this first hand. I snuck down for a long weekend visit, arriving in Santiago Friday (yesterday).... I rent a car and prepare to take the back roads leading to the Mountain road to Cabarete/Sosua.

Wsj isn't with me but the road we normally take is a back road, leaving the airport you turn left and go down some dirt roads before heading towards Moca. Anyway as i'm driving down the road i see trees and debris all over. This should have been my cue to u-turn it but for some reason, maybe blinded by the thoughts of mountain pussy, i didn't. So i'm swerving around huge rocks and trees scattered like after a hurricane or tornado. Then i start passing throngs of people just standing on the side of the road eyeballing me like i had just flown through a no-fly zone.

Thanks

PART 2

I make it through the first road, make my turn around the corner and almost shit my pants. A full blown unorganized mini demonstration with tires burning and the rosd blocked off. At this point, i stay calm and think what to do. I looked behind me and saw that the people had wandered in the street so i didn't want to have to go through them. Also, i realized that i was the only car on the road.

So i slowed down to a crawl and sunk down in the driver's seat (you know, that ganster lean). I look up ahead and the road is blocked with huge rocks and about 7 local chico's standing by as if on neighborhood patrol. They flag me to stop so i complied with their request. I rolled my window down, all the while thinking i was about to be kidnapped. In my best spanish, trying to play dumb, i asked "what's going on?" They answered, "you know, the road is closed". I already had my 100 peso bribe in my hand when i rolled up, so i replyed, "i have to go" and handed him the pesos. At that point, two of the chicas moved the stone and let me through.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

no shit . . .
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Good use of a bribe there. I guess you got out safely after that?

Thanks

PART 3

Ok, 3 roads to go and then the main mountain road! So i'm thinking to myself, where are the fucking police? I'm still bobbing and weaving all the debris and manage to make it to that last main road heading towards Moca. The place is a ghost town! Not only did i not see Policia, i didn't see anyone. Not a person to be found, no school children, not one place of business open, etc......

At this point, i speed up and i'm flying down the road! Finally, i get to my turn off to the mountain road where i see some Policia. I stopped and explained to them where i just came from and what i witnessed. I ask them if it's safe to take this mountain road to Cabarete and they looked at each other, then answered, "everywhere is safe except for the roads you just took!" But after reading this thread, i understand all the eyeballing on the side of the road i received and the strange look i got from the Policia. They were all thinking, "what the fuck is this dumb ass doing on the road, doesn't he know that he will get pulled from his car and a burning tire placed around his neck!!"

Anyway, after a sigh of relief, i turned up towards the mountain. About 10 minutes up, i stop for that breathtaking view and also clean the shit and piss in my pants!!!! Needless to say, i'll give that mountain road a rest for a minute. What an experience!

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Fuck man....you lucked out, could of turned ugly for you....
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    What the fuck is this dumb ass doing on the road, doesn't he know that he will get pulled from his car and a burning tire placed around his neck!!"

Anyway, after a sigh of relief, i turned up towards the mountain. About 10 minutes up, i stop for that breathtaking view and also clean the shit and piss in my pants!!!! Needless to say, i'll give that mountain road a rest for a minute. What an experience!
    Glad you are safe and sound. ISOC can chip in to buy you some new Joe Boxers if the brown stains don't come out.

When I read the article I thought that in a small way it could affect a member here. Little did I know it would have happened so soon. DR1 has been discussing this uprising for a little over a week. At first it was just small chit chat, a few posts here and there untill it started to hit the newspapers.

Play it safe, stay in town!

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Stay in one piece there hermano...

Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    PART 2

I make it through the first road, make my turn around the corner and almost shit my pants. A full blown unorganized mini demonstration with tires burning and the rosd blocked off. At this point, i stay calm and think what to do. I looked behind me and saw that the people had wandered in the street so i didn't want to have to go through them. Also, i realized that i was the only car on the road.

So i slowed down to a crawl and sunk down in the driver's seat (you know, that ganster lean). I look up ahead and the road is blocked with huge rocks and about 7 local chico's standing by as if on neighborhood patrol. They flag me to stop so i complied with their request. I rolled my window down, all the while thinking i was about to be kidnapped. In my best spanish, trying to play dumb, i asked "what's going on?" They answered, "you know, the road is closed". I already had my 100 peso bribe in my hand when i rolled up, so i replyed, "i have to go" and handed him the pesos. At that point, two of the chicas moved the stone and let me through.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,026 Times in 2,115 Posts

Damn man, I am glad you got through that in one piece. I would have been freaking out.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moshy2k
    Damn man, I am glad you got through that in one piece. I would have been freaking out.
    Trust me, i was! But in a situation like that, you have to keep your cool!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Although i feel for ya bro... and im happy your safe... Im crackin the fuck up from your post... seriously laughin out loud from the gangsta lean to the 100 peso bribe to move the rock... LMAO!!!
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

I'm with Beas! PS, I know it doesn't feel like it now, but in a year you will be happy this happened. It's part of third world travel that, and part of the reason people go there instead of Cancun!

I'm glad it all worked out. Now for 3 bucks you have a great travel story/experiance!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

Amazing. 100 pesos and you get thru. I got jammed up in Jamao Al Norte with a rope blockage to help pay for a locals funeral. I gave them 200 pesos and a cheap pair of sunglasses for the young son. That was last year and when i stop at the farmicia they still remember me. I suggest doing the main road. Right at the airport for 6km. Hit the road that goes by Camp David, Bypasses Licey and Moca and probally gets you to the mountain road faster. The miles might be more but the roads are better than in my hood.

Thanks

note: LICEY not Li Cey. Sorry fo the Jackson like comment.

Psriches,

I am glad to hear that you made it through. It sounds like things were pretty rough. Those huelgas are the way things finally get done sometimes.

JD
    "This above all: to thine own self be true"-William Shakespeare

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD
    note: LICEY not Li Cey. Sorry fo the Jackson like comment.

JD
    I just quoted exactly as it was on DR1. I did not want to alter the OP info.

Thanks

Herbf,

I realized that when I read your link. I posted it for the edification of those that didn't know the difference.

JD

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JD
    Herbf,

I realized that when I read your link. I posted it for the edification of those that didn't know the difference.

JD
    No problem

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts

Whoa!!! What an experience, PSR. And it wasn't me this time. That gangsta lean had me rolling. I could picture you throughout the whole story. Glad you made it in one piece. i would've been shook.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knottydredd
    Whoa!!! What an experience, PSR. And it wasn't me this time. That gangsta lean had me rolling. I could picture you throughout the whole story. Glad you made it in one piece. i would've been shook.
    Trust me i was! But you know how we do at home. Sometimes you just have to fake moves.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information