San Felipe de Puerto Plata, La Republica Dominicana
    Thanks

Introducing - terrierist

How did you hear about our forum?
    Search Engine

If a referral, through a search engine, or other please specify

Marital status?
    Divorced or Separated (Thankfully)

Have you ever known the pleasures derived from financially procured female companionship?
    No, but I am willing to learn!

Have you ever visited the Dominican Republic before?
    Not yet

Do you have a special message for Jayman?
    Help and advice always appreciated

-----------------------------------------------------
    Have you ever traveled to any other countries for mongering.

Nope, I'm as virgin to both travelling and mongering as the white Canadian snow (before the dog teams, that is).

------------------------------------------------------
    Please feel free to add any other details.

Got separated (after 27 years) last month. Up until now I've been a good boy, but I've got lots of catching up to do. Booked into Mustang Ranch Resort for 8 days starting Friday, Jan. 11th. Never travelled abroad before, never mongered, only speak English and a bit of Quebecois French. Oh well, I'm ready for an adventure. I wish I'd seen this sight before I booked.

My handle, Terrierist, is because I am a dog breeder / trainer / handler and really like the attitude of the large terriers. They're a little high maintenance and unpredictable, but then again I like spunky women too, so I'm consistent.

------------------------------------------------------

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

Re: Introducing - terrierist

OUTSTANDING ! ! !

you'll be the first ISOC to visit the Mustange Ranch . . . Take notes and pictures for us and I will grant you FREE unlimited access to my website and maybe even send you some free tee-shirts . . .

Welcome to Our World dude ! ! !
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the_Jayman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Welcome to ISOC. We would love to hear about Cristal Mustang. Don't try to pack too much in on your first mongering trip, but you will certainly want to spend one or two evenings in Sosúa and you are STRONGLY ADVISED to arrange to meet one or two experienced ISOC guys to show you around and help you avoid newbie pitfalls in that sinful town. Meeting them at Passions Bar, Rocky's or the New York Shark Bar would be a good idea. Or at Herman's beach bar if in the afternoon.

I also recommend at least one day in Puerto Plata city, not necessarily for mongering, and if you do this please visit Dominican Billy, the creator and previous owner of Field of Dreams (now Cristal Mustang), at his new condos (which have pool and visitor's bar). He is Canadian and a great mentor to newbies. He has no time for know-alls and bullshitters but you don't come across like that.

If you also like dark-skinned girls, as I do, you may find your knowledge of French a great advantage with the many Haitian girls around. Their faces light up if they don't have to speak Spanish.

If you are a dog-breeder I guess you are good at walking. If you are a little adventurous try walking 20/30 minutes to Muņoz, the village behind Cristal Mustang in the daytime, but don't wear flash clothes or jewellery and keep your camera out of sight.

Another pleasant walk at day or night is through Playa Dorada (opposite Cristal Mustang on the opposite side of the highroad) to the cinema or beach, again about 20/30 minutes.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Introducing - terrierist

terrierist a unbias report on the Mustange Ranch would be appreciate by many thank in advance for volunteering

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by uncle226 View Post
    terrierist a unbias report on the Mustange Ranch would be appreciate by many thank in advance for volunteering
    If you are going to start to pay $300 a day or more to stay at a hotel then you really don't belong on a discussion board.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    If you are going to start to pay $300 a day or more to stay at a hotel then you really don't belong on a discussion board.
    the posted price on the web three plans for accommodations, first is room only at $50.00 per night (same as my rates), second a MAP at $90.00 per person (all meals and local drinks) and third a full exotic vacation at $179.00 per night. and I would pay that if the food drink and pussy was good

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MyTio For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

A lot of our regulars spend that in a day staying in Sosúa for accommodation, food, drink and chicas. I wouldn't, and maybe you wouldn't, but it isn't wildly unreasonable especially for a newbie who would appreciate things laid on a plate. Anyway, where does it say he is not just on the $50 daily rate?
    Last edited by weyland; 01-07-2008 at 05:03 AM. Reason: typo

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Down Re: Introducing - terrierist

way to welcome a new member, jefe...keep up the good work
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jadedANDcallous View Post
    way to welcome a new member, jefe...keep up the good work

I am consistant, si?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    A lot of our regulars spend that in a day staying in Sosúa for accommodation, food, drink and chicas. I wouldn't, and maybe you wouldn't, but it isn't wildly unreasonable especially for a newbie who would appreciate things laid on a plate. Anway, where does it say he is not just on the $50 daily rate?
    While it has been discussed many times before, for the sake of the OP, I TRY to budget about $100 usd when in Sosua (after plane and lodging). I sometimes go over that. But never over $150.

That covers food (couple meals a day), drinks (don't drink a lot), and chicas.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

that's about right for me too. my usual average is $100-125, sometimes more but often a lot less.
    Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    While it has been discussed many times before, for the sake of the OP, I TRY to budget about $100 usd when in Sosua (after plane and lodging). I sometimes go over that. But never over $150.

That covers food (couple meals a day), drinks (don't drink a lot), and chicas.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

my typical costs: conservatively @33.4 DOP/USD

breakfast at Rocky's:
    http://www.rockysbar.com/
    90-120 pesos ($270-$3.60 USD)
    (there are larger/more expensive options plus juice)

coffee at the coffee shop with the giant cigar across the street from Clasico 40 pesos ($1.20 USD)

drinks at Hermans, Siempre Sol#145 on the beach:
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...man#post373010

Cuba Libre 60 pesos (less than $2.00 USD)

small Presidente 70 pesos (again call it $2.00 USD)

Presidente Grande 95 pesos ($2.80 USD)

lunch at Herman's:

Hamburger and a Presidente 150 pesos ($4.49 USD)

full menu in the link
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...man#post373010

afternoon visit to La Passion:
    http://www.lapassion-sosua.com/
    full "menu" here: http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=68439

IIRC the drink prices are similar to Herman's for small beer and mixed drinks,
    perhaps 10 pesos more each, but well worth it for the atmosphere .

a 1 hour massage is 1000 pesos ($30 USD)
    a soapie is 1300 pesos ($39 USD)
    the "boom boom room" is $2500 pesos ($75 USD) for 1 hour

elsewhere:

ST is about 1000-1500 pesos ($30-$45 USD) depending on the chica and your negotiating skillz, YMMV

TLN is about 1500-2500 pesos ($45-$75 USD) , see above

you can eat dinner for not much more than other meals but i tend to have a more substantial meal.

most places, for more than pizza, will run you 250-350 pesos ($7.50- $10.50 USD) per entre to approaching or even over 1000 pesos ($30 USD)

check the menu first and don't order without verifying the price first. for me if there is no menu i go elsewhere. don't forget the 26% tax added in many of the "better" restaurants in the DR.

drinks at Clasico are about 100 pesos ($3.00 USD) each for domestic, about 180-230 pesos ($5.40-$6.90 USD) per shot for things like tequila, and so on.

this should give you a basic idea of prices for you to choose from "a la carte" and make your own budget.

hope it helps
    Last edited by Apos; 01-06-2008 at 07:14 PM.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

First, let me again say that I found this discussion board AFTER I had made my plans. Second, it's $179 / day, not $300. I figured it'd cost me $100 for chicas anyway...I don't know Spanish and I have never travelled outside Canada/U.S. I just can't imagine negotiating by counting fingers and then expecting we both had a good understanding of the "services" proferred. This allows me to get the lay of the land for next time. Anyways, that leaves me with a $79 / night charge for room, food, and booze. Not bad from my point of view, 'cuz DR rum is very nice.

Here in the great white north of Canuckland or in much of the U.S., it would be $300 (2 hours full service) for the lady, $40 booze tab, $139 cheap room, $100 food/day. $179 seems reasonable. I drink rum, not beer, so I don't care about the premium beer upcharge if there is one.

Now I expect to come back to DR again later with a bit of Spanish and knowledge of the customs, but a guy's gotta start somewhere, and without your wise and unfettered tutilage, JimmyDR, this was the only way I figured I'd get there with some chance of not getting scammed, mugged, dosed or all of the above with my ID stolen. I repeat: A guy's gotta start somewhere so FO if you don't like it. I expect that I might even stay at Cristal's MustangRanchResort again, though I probably will go mongering on my own, rather than with the AI package if my espanol is up to the task.

Still, for those interested (and JimmyDR doesn't have to read it if he doesn't want), I will post my unbiased review as soon as I return or when I'm there if the internet connections are decent. So far, they've treated me well and with respect, answering numerous silly, obvious and obscure questions. They've answered my questions quickly and didn't require the fax of my credit card or driver's license when I explained my concerns.

And if they'll actually pick me up at the airport as arranged...I'll be starting in the plus.

Now chill and let's just have some fun.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terrierist View Post
    First, let me again say that I found this discussion board AFTER I had made my plans. Second, it's $179 / day, not $300. I figured it'd cost me $100 for chicas anyway...I don't know Spanish and I have never travelled outside Canada/U.S. I just can't imagine negotiating by counting fingers and then expecting we both had a good understanding of the "services" proferred. This allows me to get the lay of the land for next time. Anyways, that leaves me with a $79 / night charge for room, food, and booze. Not bad from my point of view, 'cuz DR rum is very nice.

Here in the great white north of Canuckland or in much of the U.S., it would be $300 (2 hours full service) for the lady, $40 booze tab, $139 cheap room, $100 food/day. $179 seems reasonable. I drink rum, not beer, so I don't care about the premium beer upcharge if there is one.

Now I expect to come back to DR again later with a bit of Spanish and knowledge of the customs, but a guy's gotta start somewhere, and without your wise and unfettered tutilage, JimmyDR, this was the only way I figured I'd get there with some chance of not getting scammed, mugged, dosed or all of the above with my ID stolen. I repeat: A guy's gotta start somewhere so FO if you don't like it. I expect that I might even stay at Cristal's MustangRanchResort again, though I probably will go mongering on my own, rather than with the AI package if my espanol is up to the task.

Still, for those interested (and JimmyDR doesn't have to read it if he doesn't want), I will post my unbiased review as soon as I return or when I'm there if the internet connections are decent. So far, they've treated me well and with respect, answering numerous silly, obvious and obscure questions. They've answered my questions quickly and didn't require the fax of my credit card or driver's license when I explained my concerns.

And if they'll actually pick me up at the airport as arranged...I'll be starting in the plus.

Now chill and let's just have some fun.
    Good post. Ignore JDR, sometimes he's a little terse.

Assuming the $179 is truly all inclusive, I think you made a good choice for your first trip. Plus you'll be the first on this board to stay there.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Terrierist, with your attitude, you're gonna fit in here just fine! (really)

you're math is correct as are your reasons. just make sure you do get to Sosua,
    often, and see what there really is to see (at least compared to your hotel's offerings). for sure hit the beach there! it's great and an adventure all on its own.
    plus there are many good guys to meet, many excellent bars and restaurants and plenty of chicas that won't care about your spanish ability

you might even consider getting a room at Rocky's http://www.rockysbar.com/ for a short time hangout....there really are that many chicas around...and lots of them come thru Rocky's to use the computers

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jadedANDcallous View Post
    Terrierist, with your attitude, you're gonna fit in here just fine! (really)

you're math is correct as are your reasons. just make sure you do get to Sosua,
    often, and see what there really is to see (at least compared to your hotel's offerings). for sure hit the beach there! it's great and an adventure all on its own.
    plus there are many good guys to meet, many excellent bars and restaurants and plenty of chicas that won't care about your spanish ability

you might even consider getting a room at Rocky's http://www.rockysbar.com/ for a short time hangout....there really are that many chicas around...and lots of them come thru Rocky's to use the computers
    That's a great link to rocky's. At $22 it's worth a try. Sousa is now in my plans. Thanks for the advice.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

funny thing, to me anyway...my favorite dog was an Airedale Terrier that i got when i was about 12.

much like this one

he was huge for the breed, well over 100 pounds (112 IIRC) but not at all fat and 27 inches tall at shoulder.
    i had him till i was 24.

memories..., what a great dog!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

the owner is a very good friend and is from Montreal, speaks French.
    i bet you two will get along really well!
    Quote Originally Posted by terrierist View Post
    That's a great link to rocky's. At $22 it's worth a try. Sousa is now in my plans. Thanks for the advice.
    definitely have a read about all things Sosua. it's a great town to learn about the DR...although the rest of the DR is very different. Sosua is more like a sexual Disney Land for men. the rest is for the more adventurous...and experienced

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Great response to Jimmy's stupid post, terrierist. He is just a mean asshole who thinks the prospect of a harmless old Brit slowly bleeding to death from a stab wound in Haīti is funny. I think Jayman ought to ban him from this board anyway.

I think you have a great attitude to your trip and I am only sorry I will not be there to meet you. Hopefully on some later occasion?

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Great response to Jimmy's stupid post, terrierist. He is just a mean asshole who thinks the prospect of a harmless old Brit slowly bleeding to death from a stab wound in Haīti is funny. I think Jayman ought to ban him from this board anyway.

I think you have a great attitude to your trip and I am only sorry I will not be there to meet you. Hopefully on some later occasion?

Terse?? What does that mean? Is that Spanish? Que eso?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information