Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: will this mess up my dollar to peso ratio

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

will this mess up my dollar to peso ratio

cnn reported on something called the amerieuro true or false i never heard of it until now but if it happens im sure my money wont be worth as much as it is now in DR or will it

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuBo4E77ZXo&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vuBo4E77ZXo&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

Re: will this mess up my dollar to peso ratio

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

CNN is a bullshit station. Clinton News Network.

It will not fuck up your peso to dollar ratio. The Dominican government is the only one that can do that. Now in other countries, it may be a different story.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts

there is some information on the Amero located in this thread, rushdog, posted by Pana
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...highlight=pana

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knotty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman View Post
    CNN is a bullshit station. Clinton News Network.
    At least they are better then Fix News or do you prefer Faux News?
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

I prefer Faux myself. Both because it is more accurate, and because Bush doesn't know how to pronounce it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    At least they are better then Fix News or do you prefer Faux News?
    I knew the drive by media followers would hit me on the Clinton News Network analogy.

Getting back to the peso. In the past year the peso been pretty much fluttering around 32 to 34 for 1USD. Mostly between 32.25 to 33.50. Not big percentage wise. In the past year the dollar has hit a wall.

So reasoning would say that in the DR the peso does not go up and down with any currency. The peso can not buy anything ouside the DR. So, it is in the best intrest of the DR to gather as much foreign currancy as possible.

When the government needs to buy shit from Asia they pay in dollars or euros for the most part. So as long as the DR is building and growing the peso will stay at a decent level. When Hippolito left office the peso was in the shitter. I believe it shot down to 28 to 1 around that xmass. The new administration had a target # of 35 to 1 to stimulte growth. Since this is an election year i believe it will get there. The polititians need to spend their stipends on building supplies to give away in their districts. And they will need alot of euros and dollars to buy the rebar and concrete.

Thanks

Drive by media? Drive by fuckin' media????? OK Rush, get off the pain pills and join us in reality!

I guess all you guys who keep returning to the DR are fortunate that the Dominican economy is as fucked up as the US economy, so the dollar has maintained value against the peso. Aside from there we are pretty much fucked with the dollar being way down against the currencies of such robust economies as Colombia, and the Pi. It was bad enough when just the Euro and the Looney were kicking the $ ass!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Love the Dingy Harry letter. Did the owner of CNN match 2.2 million for the Marine/Police Childrens Fund ?????????????????

Fortunately Columbia has a vast source of untapped resources to exploit. As does most of South America with little regulation to the amount that can be exploited as long as the polititians get their kickbacks. Sounds like the US of A in the 20th century. Their bubble will burst eventually.

The dollar, market and the economy goes in cycles. Times have been much worse in the past. Look at history.

To say the DR economy is as fucked up as the US economy is crazy. Again, doom and gloom leads the headlines of all the newspapers and magazines that contribute to the Democrats. Since there is not much bad news coming from Iraq they have to switch to the economy. I'm not happy about losing 20% on paper in 2 weeks nor am i happy about the declining dollar. I guess the only thing we can do besides complaining about it is find a way to hedge against it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

Love the Dingy Harry letter. Did the owner of CNN match 2.2 million for the Marine/Police Childrens Fund ?????????????????
    The face of CNN was originally Ted Turner

Probably the most well known of his commitments are the $1 billion he pledged to the United Nations Foundation. Some of the other causes he supports are the Turner Foundation, Inc, Turner Endangered Species Fund and the Nuclear Threat Initiative. He is also the originator of the Goodwill Games that started in 1986.

Ted Turner could have become one of the richest individuals in the world. Instead he chose to donate large amounts of his wealth to worthwhile causes. So he has to be satisfied with a Forbes 400 outside the top 10. In doing so, Ted Turner ensured that he is leaving a lasting legacy beyond his wealth.

Although he has since divested himself from time warner;Turner Braodcasting has continued to support the community at large to some degree.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. proudly supports community efforts through employee volunteerism, special initiatives and charitable contributions.

Employee Volunteerism
    From the time the company was founded, TBS, Inc. employees have volunteered in the communities where they live and work. In 1998, TBS, Inc. formalized its commitment to supporting employee volunteerism by forming the Turner Volunteers Program. Since its inception, Turner Volunteers have donated approximately 60,000 hours to complete more than 130 projects. Click here for more information about TBS, Inc.'s outstanding volunteers and learn how they have impacted as many as 50,000 people in a single day.

Community Initiatives
    As part of its business practices, TBS, Inc. encourages educational activities and community involvement. Among its special initiatives are Turner Learning, CNN Student News, TBS Public Affairs’ Saturday morning program TBS STORYline and an award-winning Clean Air Commute program. Click here to learn more.

Contributions and Grants
    TBS, Inc. is committed to good corporate citizenship and contributes to non-profit organizations in three focus areas: arts and culture, education and the quality of life. Information on applying for a grant, please click here.

The media in general whether conservative leaning or liberal in their reporting are both becoming tabloid like and sensationalist in their reporting. Oneupsmanship and dirt digging have taken a prominent seat along side meaningful in depth reporting.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Turner sold his cable network in 1996 and resigned as chairman in 2002. I am talking about 2007. Instead of owner i should have said president. Or better yet, how much has Dingy Harry donated besides writing a letter and trying to have congress censor a private citizen. Bottom line is the Dems always talk about the problem instead of a solution.

Watching the Bernanke grilling on the floor yesterday and a Dem. Congresswoman suggested the use of more food stamps to stimulate the economy. WTF........

20. The Following User Says Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

.......Bottom line is the Dems always talk about the problem instead of a solution.
    Republicans rush into a solution, the only problem is it's the wrong one.
    Root cause analysis is not their strong point!

Watching the Bernanke grilling on the floor yesterday and a Dem. Congresswoman suggested the use of more food stamps to stimulate the economy. WTF........
    Not exactly a good idea, but then again neither was trickle down economics; It usually dried up before it trickled down to those who needed it most!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good points all around. Wish Papi did not log off.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Bottom line is the Dems always talk about the problem instead of a solution.
    Well it's better then when the Republicans always lie about the problem or censor it or the best, ignore it!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Good points all around. Wish Papi did not log off.
    I always sign back on.

Look, I'm no fan of either party. I always say that we have one party that hasn't had a creative idea in over thirty years, and another that has a new idea every ten minutes but they all suck!

That said, I, along with most of my conservative friends (real conservatives, not religious right wackos or neocon dreamers) agree that the Bush administration has been by far the worst of our life time. Fiscally irresponsible, inadvisably adventurous in terms of foriegn policy and nation building, destructive of our civil rights and disrespectful of our Constitution. And that's putting it mildly!!!!

Not much bad news from Iraq??????? Sure, if you weren't one of the highest number of casualties for any year of the war last year. Just the fact that we are still there over five years in, with some now predcting another 10 to 15 is bad enough news. You want to trumpet the fact that we've used 30,000 aditional troops just to move those against us to other areas of the country as a great victory? Please, stop drinking the Hannity cool aid! Whatever happened to the pledge that Iraq would use its oil wealth to rebuild and that we (the US) wouldn't pay for it?????? Whatever happened to "mission accomplished"????? So now our kids are in the position of playing refereee in a civil war and you say there is no bad news? What? It's a great accomplishment that we've spent hundreds of millions buying the loyalty of a few regional religious leaders? What happens next week when someone offers them a dime more? C'mon Gutta, you know better than this.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Post of the freaking week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    I always sign back on.

Look, I'm no fan of either party. I always say that we have one party that hasn't had a creative idea in over thirty years, and another that has a new idea every ten minutes but they all suck!

That said, I, along with most of my conservative friends (real conservatives, not religious right wackos or neocon dreamers) agree that the Bush administration has been by far the worst of our life time. Fiscally irresponsible, inadvisably adventurous in terms of foriegn policy and nation building, destructive of our civil rights and disrespectful of our Constitution. And that's putting it mildly!!!!

Not much bad news from Iraq??????? Sure, if you weren't one of the highest number of casualties for any year of the war last year. Just the fact that we are still there over five years in, with some now predcting another 10 to 15 is bad enough news. You want to trumpet the fact that we've used 30,000 aditional troops just to move those against us to other areas of the country as a great victory? Please, stop drinking the Hannity cool aid! Whatever happened to the pledge that Iraq would use its oil wealth to rebuild and that we (the US) wouldn't pay for it?????? Whatever happened to "mission accomplished"????? So now our kids are in the position of playing refereee in a civil war and you say there is no bad news? What? It's a great accomplishment that we've spent hundreds of millions buying the loyalty of a few regional religious leaders? What happens next week when someone offers them a dime more? C'mon Gutta, you know better than this.

Thanks

Talking in the now. There was a shit load of bad news in the past on Iraq and it was pasted all over the front page of the Boston Globe, New York Times ect...... All i see now is economy this and that. There was a possitive article about Iraq on page 6 today. Everyone knows the US rushed into Iraq on emotions and now the regret has come. But come on, can anyone honestly say that after 9/11 they were not running on adrenaline about terrorism.

I personally do not mind having some of my civil rights taken away. I do mind having my plane crash into a building or getting blown up on the subway. Why be concerned if you are doing nothing wrong? The constitution is outdated and the dudes that wrote it could never imagine a world like today.
    After 9/11 the gloves needed to come off. Unfortunately the fight started in the wrong arena. But since the fight got started it needs to be finished. Don't feel this is the right time to throw in the towel.

I think it most important to also look to November. What really is the lesser of all the evils that are spending millions for a job that pays under $500,000 a year. Ya, the US and the world is turning into one fucked up place. Power = Corruption. So if we as Americans want to be able to go where ever we want we need to be the power. But with power comes corruption. I guess the only thing we can do is take care of Numero Uno and fuck everybody else...

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Another excellent post!!!

Talking in the now. There was a shit load of bad news in the past on Iraq and it was pasted all over the front page of the Boston Globe, New York Times ect...... All i see now is economy this and that. There was a possitive article about Iraq on page 6 today. Everyone knows the US rushed into Iraq on emotions and now the regret has come. But come on, can anyone honestly say that after 9/11 they were not running on adrenaline about terrorism.

I personally do not mind having some of my civil rights taken away. I do mind having my plane crash into a building or getting blown up on the subway. Why be concerned if you are doing nothing wrong? The constitution is outdated and the dudes that wrote it could never imagine a world like today. After 9/11 the gloves needed to come off. Unfortunately the fight started in the wrong arena. But since the fight got started it needs to be finished. Don't feel this is the right time to throw in the towel.

I think it most important to also look to November. What really is the lesser of all the evils that are spending millions for a job that pays under $500,000 a year. Ya, the US and the world is turning into one fucked up place. Power = Corruption. So if we as Americans want to be able to go where ever we want we need to be the power. But with power comes corruption. I guess the only thing we can do is take care of Numero Uno and fuck everybody else...

Thanks

I personally do not mind having some of my civil rights taken away. I do mind having my plane crash into a building or getting blown up on the subway. Why be concerned if you are doing nothing wrong? The constitution is outdated and the dudes that wrote it could never imagine a world like today.
    After 9/11 the gloves needed to come off. Unfortunately the fight started in the wrong arena. But since the fight got started it needs to be finished. Don't feel this is the right time to throw in the towel.

To me all of this talk about left wing media is a bunch of crap. The owners and publishers of the NY Times, Washington Post, Major Networks and Radio stations are some of the wealthiest, most entrenched corporate interests in the world. In the end they take care of numero uno also, and numero uno ain't the common Joe.

If the Constitution does not fit the needs of our era then the answer is to put in the hard work and thought to reshape it, not abuse it when convinient and uphold it when convenient.

The emotions that you speak of were not only the result of the acts of 9/11. They are the results of a carefully orchestrated fear campain, authored by the Bush administration and fed to us by the media you decry. They have now given up on the color coded alerts because it became so blatantly obvous that they were being manipulated.

With no hope or real solutions to offer, our politicians use (abuse) fear as motivation for everything. The Blacks will steal from you, the Arabs will blow you up. The Jews control the banks and the media. The Mexicans will take your jobs. The rich will keep you poor. The poor are lazy and want you to support them. All of this is a load of crap and the only difference between the politicians is which lie they tell to whom to try to gain and/or maintain power.

You say we started the fight in the wrong arena and on this we agree. I just don't understand why we must compound this error by continuing it. I don't even know what "finishing it" means any more. The goal line has been moved so many times I have no idea what a victory would be.

But lets not blame the war in Iraq on emotion. This war was in the works before 9/11. When Bush couldn't link the two he cherry picked intelligence and then lied about it to make a false case.

I also look forward to November, and even moreso to January. Though I am not particullarly excited about any of the candidates, I find the majority of them to be better choices than the current administration.

I don't see why the US needs to be the world power for us to be able to "go where we want." Face it Gutta, every empire has its time. The Romans had theirs the Greeks theirs, even those pitiful Brits took a turn. Our time will end also, and perhaps the Chinese or the Indians will become the dominant nation. The world will continue as it always has. You and I will still be able to travel and enjoy beautiful islands and beautiful women!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information