Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Gallery & Links Tool (FAQ) Post pics in threads, not just attachments!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

The Gallery & Links Tool (FAQ) Post pics in threads, not just attachments!

Ok here is the guide on how to use the Gallery & Links manager!
    We will be able to host pictures just like Photobucket now!

Yes, I erased it all, because I made a proper FAQ!

Please access the rules, info, and posting information under the FAQ section on the menu bar!
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/faq.php
    Last edited by Don Tomas; 04-07-2006 at 07:59 PM.
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: The Gallery & Links Tool (FAQ) Post pics in threads, not just attachments!

shameless bump for the night crew.

Thanks

Oops I did it again, BUMP!

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

if I post a picture in the "Business" galery, no one other then Business can see it unless I put it in a thread ?
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by the_Jayman
    if I post a picture in the "Business" galery, no one other then Business can see it unless I put it in a thread ?
    Thats correct...

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WSJ3
    Thats correct...
    lemme get a beer . . . think toto ! !

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts

lemme get a beer . . . think toto ! !
    My man Jayman...

You're killing me over here. Take thy beak from out my heart.

Thanks

Correct but you can post it into any thread. So if you wanted to share you don't need to move it (or repost it) into another Gallery.

Thanks

The FAQ doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but this may be because I am using a Mac. I don't get an "add link" option in the menu, but I do get a "manage attachments" button which loads a control panel. Problem is having posted about a dozen sized-down pics I just get a big red line at the top saying I have exceeded my limit. Is there any way around this?
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realised that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rley69
    but this may be because I am using a Mac.
    The guy is always calling me a deviant, but he's using a Mac? They're only for gays and dress-designers. Get yourself a real man's computer, rley69, and you won't have all these sexual hang-ups!

Thanks

The FAQ doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but this may be because I am using a Mac. I don't get an "add link" option in the menu, but I do get a "manage attachments" button which loads a control panel. Problem is having posted about a dozen sized-down pics I just get a big red line at the top saying I have exceeded my limit. Is there any way around this?
    I have limits in place for certain user groups. Let me see about increasing them...

As for the Add Link feature. Are you clicking on the Gallery link on the menu bar, and then selecting the appropriate category. Then you should see "Add Link" on the second menu bar.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas
    I have limits in place for certain user groups. Let me see about increasing them...

As for the Add Link feature. Are you clicking on the Gallery link on the menu bar, and then selecting the appropriate category. Then you should see "Add Link" on the second menu bar.
    Don't know if I've been limited for having a "girly" Mac or some other reason.

I still can't see the "Add Link" via the Gallery link or anywhere else but it doesn't really matter as I have been able to post via the seperate control panel. All a bit academic as I can't post anything now anyway.

Thanks

I still can't see the "Add Link" via the Gallery link or anywhere else but it doesn't really matter as I have been able to post via the seperate control panel. All a bit academic as I can't post anything now anyway.
    You won't see "Add Link" unless you select a specific Gallery first. It doesn't appear on the home page of the Gallery.

Do you see "Add Link" going direct to this link?

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ks.php?catid=4

Thanks

Have managed to find add link on gallery page but when I tried to post a pic I got the following: "Sorry - links to offsite downloads have been disabled."

It would probably be easier to send everyone a postcard than try and post pics on this site!

Thanks

Have managed to find add link on gallery page but when I tried to post a pic I got the following: "Sorry - links to offsite downloads have been disabled."

It would probably be easier to send everyone a postcard than try and post pics on this site!
    Linking to other web sites is THEFT!!!! AKA Bandwidth theft!

The only way to post pictures is to upload them from your own personal PC!

PS. I have disabled the same from our site, so people can't post our Gallery pics on other web sites!

Thanks

I thought the whole point of using photobucket was to be able to post pics here. A lot of others seem to have been able to do it. So i've just wasted more time uploading the pics there?

Anyway, nobody can say I haven't tried my best to post pics on this site. It's just next to impossible to do so!

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Photobucket has banned some people, but haven't caught me YET.So it is not guarenteed.Try Image Shack.
    To post with photobucket, you post links directly into your post, not the Gallery.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kevyboy
    Photobucket has banned some people, but haven't caught me YET.So it is not guarenteed.Try Image Shack.
    To post with photobucket, you post links directly into your post, not the Gallery.
    I've tried that but then I find I've exceeded my limit after about a dozen pics.

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

I've tried that but then I find I've exceeded my limit after about a dozen pics.
    No, if you go to a post in a regular thread and take the third link under your picture and copy and post it here

like this

Thanks

One last try!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to rley69 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information