Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to to the board

Thanks

New to to the board

I stumbled across this board searching the internet trying to find out how to have some fun in the DR. I have spent the last 4-5 hours reading a bunch of threads (good thing my wife is out of town)

So here are a bunch of newbie questions, many i am sure will be stupid.

1. Of course I am going to lie and tell my wife I am on a business trip. I do have an international phone that works everywhere except Japan. If she calls and I am in the DR, will she get that stupid international type ring?

2. I have at most 2-3 night and either 3-4 days, most likely 2 nights 3 days to enjoy this. I am planning second or third week in May. Is anybody else going to be there.

3. I am planning on staying at the Europa. Is this cool for a guy on his own. Is it going to be easy and safe for me to get to the action at night by myself

4. Will $200/day cover everything. (I am a very lite drinker)

5. What is the safest way to get from either STI or POP to Sousa

6. Given I am by myself and have limited time, can anyone recommend an adgenda? or places I should concentrate on for high quality talent.

7. And what should i expect to pay for L/T or S/T

8. If i am lucky i can pull this off once a year. This is my first time every trying to do something like this. Guideance would be greatly appreciated. And if your going to be around in May let me know

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Re: New to to the board

First welcome to the board!

1. I am about 95% sure that it will be a normal US type ring. Others do use a phone to roam in the DR but it has been a long time since I have done that. (someone else will surely chime in)

2. Check the May Events Calendar here: http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...o=displaymonth
    I do see David Smash (BOD) arriving at the end of the month and Herbf (BOD) there during the 3rd week but he is doing both coasts. You should contact them to check their exact schedules. Finally jd_mine (HQ) is a very cool guy from Holland and he will be there all month. BTW Meeting BOD/HQ/Business members is the path to getting into those groups!

3. Europa is good for a first timer, either there or the Palace. The only real complaint about the Europa is the management can be jerks sometimes. As for location, it is a great location on the main strip.
    Sosua Bar Map: http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...14&postcount=9 Europa is between the Flamingo and Haligali bars.

4. How many times do you want to get laid and what do you want to eat? If you hit up the chicken stand a block down the street for lunches it would be way cheaper then going to La Roca daily for lunch. But $200 should more then cover you, some people get by on $50/day and some guys spend $300+.

5. Well being in any car in the DR can be quite crazy. Expect to pay POP-$30/35 or STI-$60/75 to get to Sosua in a taxi. Somebody else will probably be able to post recent rates. Though a taxi will be the simplest and somewhat safest route.

6. Well Sosua is so small you can walk from the Europa which almost at the eastern end to the beach in about 15 minutes. The main street (Pedro Clisante) is where 80% of the action takes place. There are a couple places on the back street (Alejo Martinez). As for places well daytime fun and massages can be had at La Passions (click on the banner or go to their forum) and if you want to make the trip Ana Miriam in Puerto Plata it's about a 30 minute taxi ride (banner & forum) just DON'T TAKE A TOURIST TAXI TO AM!

7. Other guys will give current rates in Sosua but I honestly think there are too many variables to give an exact price, I once posted this thread: http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ead.php?t=6241
    (Remember if going to La Passions, print the discount card: http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ead.php?t=7186 )

8. See #2 on who's there in May and send them a PM.
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinman
    2. I have at most 2-3 night and either 3-4 days, most likely 2 nights 3 days to enjoy this. I am planning second or third week in May. Is anybody else going to be there.

Thanks
    There are 15 of us around to May 6.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

3. I am planning on staying at the Europa. Is this cool for a guy on his own. Is it going to be easy and safe for me to get to the action at night by myself
    First trip to Sosua and a short trip, Europa is a good choice. After one trip and you decide to return search the board for much nicer places to stay, there are many.

Welcome to ISOC.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Most days we can be found at Rockies logging on to ISOC. Friends are a 5 minute walk from your room.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Welcome Ramblinman....if your going to the DR...the ISOC is your information source
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

Thanks

Jimmy DR

I could possibly fly in on may 3rd. but would have to fly out on Friday the 5th. If i arrived in STI at 8:30PM on AA, about what time would i make it to Sousa?. Would i be able to still hook up with some decent talent by that time of night or will it be spoken for.

I would like to have at least two decent nights for my first DR experience

Also, should i arrange transportation in a cab beforehand or do I just grab one and negotiate the price when I arrive

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jimmy DR

I could possibly fly in on may 3rd. but would have to fly out on Friday the 5th. If i arrived in STI at 8:30PM on AA, about what time would i make it to Sousa?. Would i be able to still hook up with some decent talent by that time of night or will it be spoken for.

Also, should i arrange transportation in a cab beforehand or do I just grab one and negotiate the price when I arrive

Prices are fixed at the airport and there are plenty of cabs. There is always chicas around.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Figure by the time you land and get off the plane and go through customs itll be like 9 or 9:15 then you have to get a cab ( hope you speak a little spanish) and its a good 90 minute trip from Santiago to Sosua so you could be there by 11 or 12pm which is fine for the first night. Youll then have 1 entire day/night and depending upon when your flight leaves ( you have to be there like 2 early for check in and figure another 90 or so minutes back to the airport from Sosua). So really you could only have 1 night and 1 full day/night. The last day always sucks cause you lose all that time in transit and sitting at the airport and dont have time for much else. At least thats how it always ends up for me.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

Jimmy DR

ramblinman where are u coming from?? out of Miami its a direct to pop then a 15-20 min ride by cab.

AMERICAN AIRLINES
    979 MIA Miami 03/03/2007 12:54 PM POP 03/03/2007 03:50 PM

AMERICAN AIRLINES
    978 POP Puerto Plata 03/05/2007 04:54 PM MIA 03/05/2007 06:12 PM

Average Fare per Person - 284.00 USD

Passenger Type Used in Pricing Fare per Person Additional Taxes and Fees per Person Total Price
    1 Adult
    284.00 USD
    117.90 USD
    401.90 USD

Total Price 401.90 USD

Thanks

Coming from SFO. the 7:20am departure from SFO doesnot get to Miami until 3:30PM. So I miss the connection to POP and have to wait until the next day. But I can get a flight to STI from Miami that leaves at 5:20 and gets me into STI at 8:20PM

is there anyplace else in the DR that I can fly into?

How much spanish do i need to get a cab and not get ripped off?

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

There is SDO, but it is far away. STI is close to POP.

You don't need any spanish tell them $60 to Sosua and don't pay more than 80 and you didn't get ripped off. Just make sure they know the deal before you leave.

Thanks

ok, i think what I have worked out is SFO-JFK on 5/2 then JFK-STI that gets me in at 11:30AM

then out on 5/5 at 10:45am STI-JFK.

I am going to see if I can get a room at the Palace, is that where most of you are staying?

Oh yea, does anybody know if your cell has the funny euro ring tone when someone trys to call you from the states?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,141 Times in 673 Posts

Ramblinman --Welcome to the site i am in the same situation as you as far as only getting away for few days for a so called "business Trip" and i will be down there from may 4th till the 7th staying at blackbeards and we are flying out of jfk on 5-4 at 630 am wil arrive at 930 hopw to see you there

Mirage "THE PRODUCER"

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

if there is anyway that you could sneak in 1 extra night I would really recommend it. I've done both 2 and 3 night trips and that extra night really makes all the difference especially with your long haul.
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

if you can, try to plan a trip in the future where you can stay upwards of a week to 10 days so you can get some heavy duty fucking out of your system. I think i would go nuts if I spent only 3 days in the dr--going home sad and all that bullshit. Also, the allman brothers are the shit!!!
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

The prices for the taxi should be listed at the airport. The Palace is hard to find and a Santiago cabbie will not know where it is. The Palace does have an address but i have no idea what it is.

Thanks

Jayman,

I was trying to get there the week of the 1st since someone said there would be 15 of you there that week, and I need all the help i can get.

If I went the following week I could possibly extend it to 3 nights. but under the "Business Trip" rouse, ,with my wife, 3 nights is all i can do with the travel back and forth and having to be back Friday night.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 466 Posts

Boy, that wife thing really SUCKS.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Which is why I probably won't get married unless she can understand that I am a man and I got to handle my shit. If a woman can't understand that i need variety in my life then there is no fucking way i will sign over my life and money over to her. Peace of mind and being true to myself is something I feel like I need to have accomplished when I am lying on my deathbed. Honesty will get you hell of lot more that deception, but up to a point. You can't be tooooo honest.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information