Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New to to the board

Thanks

Re: New to to the board

First: John got me into the Palace, YAHOO . So i wiill be able to hang with you nuts

Second: let me get this phone thing straignt. i have T mobile. So if I call home, it will show as my own number just like usual. and if i am called it wont have a weird ring?

But i can't call my office as it will look like an international call?

Does anyone know if the palance has land lines and what happens if you use a standard calling card that you buy there?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinman
    First: John got me into the Palace, YAHOO . So i wiill be able to hang with you nuts

Second: let me get this phone thing straignt. i have T mobile. So if I call home, it will show as my own number just like usual. and if i am called it wont have a weird ring?

Does anyone know if the palance has land lines and what happens if you use a standard calling card that you buy there?
    no palace doesn't have a land line, when u get there talk to john he might be able to help u with a phone .

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Congrats on the Palace!

If you are willing to roam and pay roaming charges you should ask T-mobile if the callerID will be transmitted. They might know best.
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

Thanks

Don,

You have been to the palace and know what it's like now. Should i stay there or Club R, where they also have a room available?

I hear the nightman at Club R can hook you up.

I really dont know what i am doing yet. in some cases there is to much info here and a lot contradicts

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Don,

You have been to the palace and know what it's like now. Should i stay there or Club R, where they also have a room available?

I really dont know what i am doing yet. in some cases there is to much info here and a lot contradicts

You don't need no nightman to hook you up. What you need is to log on 3 hours a day, post and then join one of the groups going down. Very simple.

You will have 10 new buddies with in a few months.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Don,

Without an exception Europa or the Palace are the two choices for your first time.

Europa has a bigger swimming pool, slightly nicer (but smaller) rooms, but the management are jerks.

Palace has a swimming tub (most jacuzzis are bigger), improvements lately as far as quality & big rooms, Management (John) is second to none!

As for the nightwatchman. ANY Dominican male in Sosua can "hook you up". BUT never use them, there is NO NEED!

Seriously, if the female is in a bar/club (and not behind the counter) 100% chance she is a pro! All other females in Sosua are from an 60%(day) to 95%(night) chance!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,141 Times in 673 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacksultan
    Yeah, i would be a little interested how to deal with the cellphone ring issue. I am trying to bring a friend down to the DR, but he needs to have a phone that does not show a 809 area code on a cellphone stateside and doesnt have a ring that sounds like he is on the other side of the planet. He is in a situation similar to that of ramblinman. If anybody would have that info or a thread that can be researched, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    I am in some what of the exact!!! same position as you i can only take a four day trip but here is a great excsuse to use - depending on ur type of business - say that they are having it on a cruise ship seminar and the ship goes out to see (not to an exotci island) this way there is no way she could call u and no way u can call her since making a call on a cruise ship is 9.00 a min belive me i know lol - but what i did was say i was actually looking into a business venture into a travel agency and it was a seminar that took us to see all the boats in the cruise industry and we would be at see most of the time and to make the deal look even better you go to ebay buy some actual items from different cruise lines and have them shipped to a friends house or work and when u come back home give them to your wife also what u do is go to cruise one dot com and order a franchise phamplet and this way u could show ur wife what u actually talked about

Thanks

Yeah, i would be a little interested how to deal with the cellphone ring issue. I am trying to bring a friend down to the DR, but he needs to have a phone that does not show a 809 area code on a cellphone stateside and doesnt have a ring that sounds like he is on the other side of the planet. He is in a situation similar to that of ramblinman. If anybody would have that info or a thread that can be researched, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    I am in some what of the exact!!! same position as you i can only take a four day trip but here is a great excsuse to use - depending on ur type of business - say that they are having it on a cruise ship seminar and the ship goes out to see (not to an exotci island) this way there is no way she could call u and no way u can call her since making a call on a cruise ship is 9.00 a min belive me i know lol - but what i did was say i was actually looking into a business venture into a travel agency and it was a seminar that took us to see all the boats in the cruise industry and we would be at see most of the time and to make the deal look even better you go to ebay buy some actual items from different cruise lines and have them shipped to a friends house or work and when u come back home give them to your wife also what u do is go to cruise one dot com and order a franchise phamplet and this way u could show ur wife what u actually talked about

Mirage "THE PRODUCER"

Thanks

I have also heard that if u use a phone card from the states that i will show up with the phone number from the calling card - i am not sure about this but if anywat has info please tell me i would love to do this as well!!

Mirage "THE PRODUCER"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mirage6
    I have also heard that if u use a phone card from the states that i will show up with the phone number from the calling card - i am not sure about this but if anywat has info please tell me i would love to do this as well!!

Mirage "THE PRODUCER"

Use your cell phone, pay $3.99 a minute but its worth it.

Thanks

will nextel work down there? i thought they only have Orange or verizon

Mirage "THE PRODUCER"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mirage6
    will nextel work down there? i thought they only have Orange or verizon

Mirage "THE PRODUCER"
    If it's the new Nextel that works on Sprint's PCS network, then yes it will work on Verizon's network.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas
    Without an exception Europa or the Palace are the two choices for your first time.
    Best choice for your first trip. After two or three trips than it is time to move up to Club R.

If you would prefer a private driver to pick you up at STI I can PM you contact information. The driver speaks fairly good english and is reliable.

Thanks

Mr. Peso is about the best hooker upper you can find.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

my friend has cingular as a provider. I wonder if they have the same characteristics of a regular Sprint phone.
    I have cingular.

I tried to use it in January and it would not work. Before my April trip I called cingular and asked what I need to do to make it work. She put me on hold a couple of minutes and then came back and said I should be all set.

$1.99 per minute (expensive but . . ) so I went to the DR in April and it didn't work ? ? I haven't called cingular back yet.
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

Thanks

ok. i am going to stay at the palace

I will be arriving as I said at around 3pm on the 3rd

Who is going to be there that I can look for to tag along on your fun and get educated

(Herb: John did offer to have "his" taxi pick me up at STI. thanks for the offer thought)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

ok. i am going to stay at the palace

I will be arriving as I said at around 3pm on the 3rd

Who is going to be there that I can look for to tag along on your fun and get educated

(Herb: John did offer to have "his" taxi pick me up at STI. thanks for the offer thought)

If thats May, there will be alot of us around. You should have his guy get you. That way you get to The Palace directly.

Thanks

Yes, its May.

Who should get me out?, JOhns dirver or Herbs?

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

John's ! !

Thanks

BTW. I am spending way more than 3 hours a day on this board since i found it this week.

Bad influence man!, i need to start concentrating on work

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information