Thread: Harbor View Condos update

Thanks

Harbor View Condos update

I just found time to return for a weekend to Harbor View Condos now that the pool and bar are open. This is Billy's new place but same excellent hospitality. The bar is small but good, kitchen open all day for breakfasts, burgers, pork chops, fish etc. Good company. The one-bed condos cost about the same as a hotel room but give you more space and privacy... Billy rents by the night or gives discounts for longer term stays.

This is definitely a good monger place to stay if you're in Puerto Plata. And of course Billy enjoys sharing the benefits of his experience with tours of the POP and Sosua nightlife.

Out on the town, some nice new chicas in Cristals. Frank's old Place has gone downhill even further. A new bar called Yellow Beard's has just opened - was quiet when I went there but will see how it goes.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to private1 For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: Harbor View Condos update

Thanks for the update private1. Yellow Beards was a famous bar and mongering haunt before my time but I am sure many of our long-standing members will remember it. What connection with the new Yellow Beards? Same location? Same owners?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Clap Re: Harbor View Condos update

Yellow Beards was at one time a one of the best places for the locals to drop in during the day for a bit of action. It has fallen on hard times over the past 6 or 7 years because of owners who didn't provide what was needed to attract us mongers. Chicas!!!!!! Plain and simple.

Now we have a new owner who has been on the scene here in Puerto Plata for 11 or 12 years. I first met her as a 17 year old stripper in the old Edison bar. It (the Edison) has been gone now for 8 years and over that time she has had a couple of bars. She was a favorite of mine for 4 or 5 years until someone made her an honest women.

Her and her sister have opened Yellow Beards and I'm sure they know they have to stock the back 4 rooms with 1/2 a dozen chicas. She loves the attention and loves to flirt and I only hope she has the sense to stock up with some "good looking" chicas. She can't loose the honest woman tag, just a bar owner not a working girl.

It just opened last Friday night so I'll keep an eye on the place and make an up date in a week or so to see if she follows through with stocking the bar with some desirable chicas. If she does it will be a good place to drop in in the afternoons for us locals and a good place to go after the prices at el Bohiems shock the shit out of most of us. The location is less than a 100 yards from el Bohiems.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    Her and her sister have opened Yellow Beards and I'm sure they know they have to stock the back 4 rooms with 1/2 a dozen chicas.
    Sounds like just another reason for all the best people to spend their time in Puerto Plata, Capital of the Universe.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Great! Another reason to drive up to the North Coast again!
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

Thanks

Billy answered the question much better than I could have... thanks Bill! How is Yellow Beards turning out? I can't wait until my next visit to POP.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by private1 View Post
    I just found time to return for a weekend to Harbor View Condos now that the pool and bar are open. This is Billy's new place but same excellent hospitality. The bar is small but good, kitchen open all day for breakfasts, burgers, pork chops, fish etc. Good company. The one-bed condos cost about the same as a hotel room but give you more space and privacy... Billy rents by the night or gives discounts for longer term stays.
    This is definitely a good monger place to stay if you're in Puerto Plata. And of course Billy enjoys sharing the benefits of his experience with tours of the POP and Sosua nightlife.

Out on the town, some nice new chicas in Cristals. Frank's old Place has gone downhill even further. A new bar called Yellow Beard's has just opened - was quiet when I went there but will see how it goes.
    Good luck with your condos, Billy...I'm hoping to make it back to POP one of these days to try one out. I mentioned your place to my amiga who lives in the barrio next door. She checked it out and gave your place a solid thumbs up.
    Blue Devil

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

what's the link, my boy will be out there on the 28th and needs a place to stay.
    I've offended you.....goood

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My brother just came back from a 12 day tour he hung his hat at
    [http://harborviewcondos.4t.com . He Could't say enough about DB's .In fact he suggests all newcomers to go there ,Billy would be more then happy to share his expertise. It sure feels good knowing when you go to PP. there are some friendly faces and safe places to stay at.
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by private1 View Post

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to riclagriclag For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Thanks Rick, I really try to be a good host so your post is very much appreciated and it’s nice to know my efforts do not go unnoticed by my guests. Thank you very much.

But I do have a bone to pick with a guest who was here some time in the last 3 months. You do expect to loose a few towels and even some kitchen utensils to the Dominican chicas the guys bring back because they some times steal a thing or two that’s not nailed down that will fit in their overnight bag. That happens all the time!

My son left for Canada and New Jersey three months ago. During that time of the numerous guests who now travel with their laptops I had a couple guests who used his bedroom because their computers could not pick up either of the wireless signals I have here in the condo units. He arrived back yesterday to find his computer video cam gone. This is a rare occurrence for a guest to steal something and it won’t happen again.

So now if your laptop can’t pick up either of my wireless signals go pay the 30 pesos an hour at the internet café in downtown Puerto Plata. I will not let any future guests use my computer or plug in to the hard connection in my apartment.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Sorry to hear that Billy!

There always has to be one bad apple who ruins something for everyone!

Thanks

Thumbs Up Re: Harbor View Condos update

hey everyone, I'm a baby newbie ( one week ) and I'd like to thank everybody for such a huge wealth of information. Amazing what info Google can provide! Some of the yarns just crack me up..LOL!

At any rate, I'm looking to drop into POP for a few days with a buddy from home (land of Oz) in June enroute to Barbados so I'll hopefully do a trip report sometime after when I get back to Minneapolis.

This info is for you Billy or anyone else with wireless issues.
    For about $US35 per room, you can hook up a solid internet connection using powerline ethernet plugs. Basically you plug a master unit to your router/modem and the other end to a wall power point. Then provide a terminal unit to each renter to use in their room or apartment where they plug into any powerpoint and the other end to their laptop. No dropouts ever! Plus they are fully encripted to 128bits for security. Just make sure you get the unit back at the end of their stay. The proviso is that they must be used in a common wiring circuit which most places have.
    No fancy setups needed. It consist of pressing two buttons to make sure each terminal syncronises with the master. I just bought and tested one for my home use as I intend to setup my business in Oz this way. Cheaper than dedicated wiring and just as good.
    Made by panasonic who invented it. Called Panasonic HD-PLC
    Versions on sale - Master with one terminal $50-60, extra terminal $35
    You have to supply your own ethernet cables obviously. Need one to each unit. Can buy them like $5-10 anywhere. There are other brands but the Panasonic suits people with laptops IMHO plus they invented it.

If you're interested, I'll bring my set down to show.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petewilliamusa For This Useful Post:

Thread Information