Thread: What is the cheapest way to phone to DR from Canada?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

What is the cheapest way to phone to DR from Canada?

What is the best way, considering cost, to call the DR from Canada or the USA?

I imagine it is a calling card but I'm not sure. If so what is best and where in the TORONTO area carries them?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts
    My 800 tele service is out of Canada and I pay 15 cents a minute. I have the number at home at the moment.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Jimmy

I found some interesting stuff on DR1 http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread...p+phone+Canada

DR1 is usually a good spot for this type of question.

See ya at Xmas.

Thanks

Calls from canada

I found phone cards the cheapest, depending if u r calling a land line phone or a cell phone (call cell phones is more). I think the going rate on the card I used was about 4c / min to a land phone!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    The cheapest way for me is to use my work phone... i dont pay shit... but if you are not lucky enough to work for a billion dollar company that doesnt care about crazy phone bills you might wanna try a calling card called INC... it gives 59 minutes ($2 calling card) to a house phone from NYC to DR... about half that time to call a cell phone... sorry i dont know about Canada.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    The cheapest way for me is to use my work phone... i dont pay shit... but if you are not lucky enough to work for a billion dollar company that doesnt care about crazy phone bills you might wanna try a calling card called INC... it gives 59 minutes ($2 calling card) to a house phone from NYC to DR... about half that time to call a cell phone... sorry i dont know about Canada.
    Haha about a year before I "discovered" the DR we put in a block for the 809 area code at corporate due to the long distance scams ran from the DR. :cry: I remember searching the internet for a DR phone number so I could test it, now I have 50+ numbers...

Of course the plant has an old phone system and the block isn't on the system there. :shock:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    ur a nerd... haha just playin... yeah my company doesnt care about phone bills but i dont abuse it ... i only use it to call Palace John when i wanna book a room... i think i called a girl once but that ended after that one call when she told me she was sick and needed medicina dinero...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Re: What is the cheapest way to phone to DR from Canada?

any recent recommendations for online calling cards?

i have been using http://www.phonecards2call.com and the continental card but am having serious connection issues and cannot seem to connect to an 829 area code

suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Re: What is the cheapest way to phone to DR from Canada?

Set up a SkypeIn number on your novia's computer so she has a Canadian number and it will cost you about $44 CAD a year.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question Re: What is the cheapest way to phone to DR from Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPink View Post
    Set up a SkypeIn number on your novia's computer so she has a Canadian number and it will cost you about $44 CAD a year.
    good plan but i need to call cellphones mostly

can we call both directions por nada that way?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

If she has a SkypeIn with your Canadian area code, you can talk in both directions for FREE PLUS a small annual or 3 month subscription fee.

The Dominican Telephone mafia for some reason will not permit Skype to have 809 or 829 area codes.

It is much cheaper to call a land line vs Cell, as you know using a card from Canada. (About 1/2)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPink View Post
    If she has a SkypeIn with your Canadian area code, you can talk in both directions for FREE PLUS a small annual or 3 month subscription fee.

The Dominican Telephone mafia for some reason will not permit Skype to have 809 or 829 area codes.

It is much cheaper to call a land line vs Cell, as you know using a card from Canada. (About 1/2)
    much cheaper to call a landline but it's cell only at her work unfortunately and she has dailup so no landline calls when on cam

i don't really mind the cost but get thru with a decent connection less than 50% of the time

i really need a good and affordable calling card

Thread Information