... rant and unite. I'm tired tonight. I want to write something pithy on the perils of labor organizing, all the "marketable skills" I unintentionally picked up in the sex industry, on the politics of service, and the social economy of stripping in a non-competitive, worker-owned business vs. in a traditional nudie bar where one's got to complete with football, beer, and asshole "managers" to stay ahead of the game. But instead I'm just sending you over to Waiter Rant, because I'm not feeling sexy enough for any original work right now. Right now, I'm in a Raze-The-Joint (not in, like, a pot sense) sort of mood, one of those one's that settles over me as a pre-hermit-phase warning shot, my last chance to dig in, or give in to creative exile. I want to hit UNDO on "sacredwhore: the sex blog" and see what it would be like to run a spirituality blog, or a labor organizing blog, or a feminist blog, because once upon a time, there was no need to split all that shit up. (It was as recently at the late 90's.) I want to wipe my sidebar clean, archive everything, and reboot. I want to have one un-meta day of 2006, where I don't self-reflect into oblivion. I want to do something less... obvious. Sleep first. There's always time for relaunch in the eternal tomorrow....

Link To Original Article