Dear readers, while I am off for a bit more of a self-imposed writing exile, not being seriously devoted to this space at the moment, and loving that understanding (the output of 2000 cannot be the output of 2006), can you help me with a bit of research and recommendation? If you are a female blogger who blogs on spirituality & religion, please hit me up via email. And why, which is a good question? I'm the Religion & Spirituality co-editor for the new BlogHer community, launching on Monday, where my blogroll needs some serious stacking with as wide a range of female bloggers as possible. What I'll be doing is pointing out particularly stirring posts and themes in a several-times-a-week roundup, so don't exclude yourself if you don't write on spirituality every day -- however, to have a thread running through your blog, especially a thread you return to, is ideal for me (readers love to be part of ongoing story arcs and struggles). Give me, too, spirit & politics, spirit & growing up and growing old, spirit & the body, spirit & the professional world... mashups encouraged, as none of this is a singular story. Likewise, tip me off, please, if you follow any woman-authored spirituality & religion blogs, tell me who's hot, who's working your nerves, who's pissing off the Right (or the Left), who's doing the centered-in-the-modern-world and still doing god thing, and doing it well. I'm going to start by spinning off of Wildhunt, of course, but I don't want -- really don't want -- to read blogs only be people who appear to "agree" with me. (N.B.: Like all neopagans agree. Like I'm even certain I can call myself a neopagan. And like witch is a spiritual identity? Not all the time. Not hardly.) My faith now is anything but firm, so it's not about promulgating/pimping any one brand of god -- more, drawing attention to those who are on a similar chase, unabashed seekers for something that (and here's one hint of my bias) most people would say isn't ours to touch everyday, to sense is with us here in the supposedly mundane world. There's nothing mundane about living, and nobody owns god. (Don't say it -- don't say "open source god"... don't!) This is, in terms of the blogher credo, a "do-acracy" of spirit. I want it true and messy and passionately written. (Like the book I'm attempting to make sense of, applying what shall herefore be known as the Sarah-Katherine method: wear a uniform because this is a job, hit the gym, have a pagecount to hit as well, and reward thyself with wine and chocolates as needed. Sorry to be a bit quiet in these parts. I'm really trying to come through the other side of Brigid/Candlemas/no-not-Groundhog-Day with a book proposal in the hand of my editor-to-be.)...

Link To Original Article