Thread: TOURIST CARDS/EXIT TAX

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

TOURIST CARDS/EXIT TAX

WHY DO I GET THE FEELING THEY ARE GOING TO RAISE THE PRICE OF TOURIST CARDS FROM $10 TO $20 AFTER READING THIS ARTICLE. THEY ALL READY DID IT TO THE EXIT TAX THAT YOU PAY IN YOUR AIRLINE PRICE.

Exit tax raises a lot of money
    A larger number of people leaving the Dominican Republic has produced a RD$1-billion windfall for the National Treasury. According to Idonelia Perez Blanco at El Caribe, the economic crisis has prompted many to leave the country and during the first seven months of this year, 291,000 more people went through the nation’s departure terminals than in 2003. The increased exit tax has meant an extra RD$1.669 billion for the nation’s coffers, with internal revenue figures reporting a 400% increase in collections this year. Because of a move that increased the departure tax from US$10 to US$20 at the beginning of the year, collections have jumped from RD$579 million to RD$2.248 billion. Another increasingly large sum is being reported from the sale of tourist cards, which has reportedly garnered RD$775.7 million so far this year, representing an increase of RD$388 million more over last year at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

TOURIST CARDS

I predict within 6 months the tourist card will be at least $15 us.

Thanks
    When you give them a $20 they forget to give your change any.......so it all works out :shock:

Thanks

change

Yes, that's why I always try to give exact change. It seems even at the bars they always seem to forget your change.

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    fuck forgetting my change... i tell them dame mi cambio ahora!... i aint no american thats gonna get pushed around in DR... although they try it all the time!... i almost had a fight with the bartender at Passions in STI when he tried to charge me 130 pesos for a small presidente... its not the money its the point of him trying to fuck me! shit, i feel like im half dominican ive been going to DR so much the last 2 years!

Thanks
    I don't play that "forgot the change or overcharging" bullshit either. You can't let the dominican men nor women punk you. But they will try.

Thanks
    When the tourist cards start costing $100 USD then i will care but if they raise it a little i will just take it out on the whores... they get less money from me and more pounding the pussy

Nothing will ever stop me from going to the DR... no woman from here can (prolly why i dont last long in relationships,come to think of it) .. only thing that can stop me is god and the pilot... hopefully it will be a long time till that happens

Thanks
    Seriously though, I will stop coming if shit gets too expensive.
    I could never afford what I do in DR now if the prices were similar to Europe........

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine
    Seriously though, I will stop coming if shit gets too expensive.
    I could never afford what I do in DR now if the prices were similar to Europe........
    It will never get that expensive... trust me the Peso-USD rates will go back up shortly and even if we pay an extra 1-2 hundred a trip whats the big deal... just fuck 2 or 3 less girls in the week or two that you are there if your really that worried.

Thread Information