Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Las Terrenas report

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Re: Las Terrenas report

Quote Originally Posted by ilikenacional View Post
    For the rum lovers.

I found a bottle that I never saw in the DR before: Bermudez Don Armando 10 years old. What a great rum ! I found it in a little dusty shop in Las Terrenas.

It's the only Dominican rum made from pure sugar cane. All the other one are made from molasses. It's aged 10 years so it's really smooth. Great on ice.

If you ever tried Barbancourt 5-stars, you know what I'm talking about.

I was in the supermarket Tropical this morning and they had a stand with some free samples of the Bermudez Don Amando. My favorite has been Barcelo over the years but you are right this is very smooth and is the same price as the Barcelo (195pesos) so I will stock it as well in my bar.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Las Terrenas report

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    I was in the supermarket Tropical this morning and they had a stand with some free samples of the Bermudez Don Amando. My favorite has been Barcelo over the years but you are right this is very smooth and is the same price as the Barcelo (195pesos) so I will stock it as well in my bar.
    It's the best kept secret in the DR. I hope they will stock some on the north coast.

After sampling it the first time, I tought they made an error at 200 pesos. A bottle like that up here is $50 easy.

Sad thing is that my bottle is finished...... Oh well, another good reason to return ! ( but, they also have great rum in Cuba, y chica tambien ! )

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information