Thanked 25,607 Times in 5,261 Posts

Lottery millionaire back working at McDonald's

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts

Re: Lottery millionaire back working at McDonald's

That's crazy, but I don't think he's a fool. I think he could've invested in his own McDonald's franchise if he liked working there so much. Atleast he can tell his boss "go ahead, I dare you to fire me. I'll buy this mothafucka".

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knotty For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

The guy's only 25 and obviously had a problem readjusting to life away from his comfort zone. 1.3 million is a nice addition to one's income but certainly not enough to last the three of them (and possibly more to follow??) the rest of their lives. I could see not returning if he was on fries but this guy's a "staff trainer" which indicates a white collar job, suited to a "people person".

He obviously didn't have many friends outside work and let's face it...some people prefer to just live little compartmentalized lives and never venture out away from the familiar. Ignorance, in those cases equates to bliss.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    1.3 million is a nice addition to one's income but certainly not enough to last the three of them (and possibly more to follow??) the rest of their lives.
    The income from £1.3m invested is more than most English families have to live off each year and I would guess more than a lot of US families. These are pounds sterling = approx US$2.00.

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

That was over 1.3 million pound sterling or 2.7 million dollars. There were a lot of other things he culd have chosen, but fuck it, it is his life!

When I saw the title I assumed that he returned to Mickie Dees because he had pissed away all of the winnings and he had to. That would have been stupid. If it is simply what he prefers to do, why quibble? It isn't the path I would choose, but people can question decisions I've made also.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    The income from £1.3m invested is more than most English families have to live off each year and I would guess more than a lot of US families. These are pounds sterling = approx US$2.00.
    Thanks for the lesson, Weyland. On my first trip to England (1979) the pound sterling was = approx. US$ 5.00 but times were hard so all the Brits were off to Geneva working at the hotels and whore bars, where I've enjoyed a few of your country(wo)men. I'm well familiar with the current exchange rates, thank you, Sir.

My point was that after spending a quarter of his winnings (before or after tax? It didn't say) on a house and more on a fabulous family vacation, he has enough cash to invest into a low yield (thus low risk)investment account and the annuities would provide him and his family with a nice addition to their earnings for the rest of their lives but the money they have left to invest (under a mil, now) is not as much as he and his wife will make during their working lives.

The guy is 25 and his wife is 29. He makes around 21,000 ponds annually and is what we in the former Colonies refer to as "upwardly mobile". They didn't say how much his wife is making but by himself he will clearly (approx. 832,000 pounds) surpass the account balance even if he works until he's 65 without ever getting a raise, which is highly unlikely....and then there's his wife's income.

Now they can work without worrying about monetary distractions regarding child care, college tuition, retirement investing, and a host of other financial worries that affect most young people at early stages in their marriages and careers whereas if they just set on their arses and whittle away at their principal, they will be reentering the work place as middle agers with a big career gap and little chance of catching up to their projected positions on the income curve.

But...thanks for the lesson.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Thanks for the lesson, Weyland.
    I didn't say he would be better off not working, I was just contesting your statement that it would not be enough to live off for the rest of their lives which is palpably untrue as most people in the UK do live off less all their lives as do many Americans.

I agree he is better off working, but you would think he would now be in a position to do something more satisfying than working at McDonalds serving up shit to retards.

As most Americans are used to thinking in dollars, and a lot of them are unaware other currencies exist or have only a hazy understanding of how they function*, many readers here might have assumed it was dollars as you carelessly omitted to mention which currency in your OP.

*Two examples spring to mind. The American at Blackbeards who complained that I ought to pay double as the pound was worth twice as much as the dollar, and the guy on DR1 who complained that bars in Sosúa wouldn't take his pesos (they were Phillippine Pesos).

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Doesn't Mc Donalds and Burger King actively hire the mentally challenged,because I know they do here. These kids/people do a great job and all making burgers and fries, but some of them if I offered them a certified check for $1,000 or a bag of quarters , they would take the quarters. That part of the story may have been left out?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

I thought at first he blew all the money but the article says he just enjoyed his job and wanted to go back. Sure its a little extraordinary but ive spoken with quite a few people who don't need to work anymore yet choose to and some work even harder because they now own the business and want something to keep their minds sharp and/or give them something to do.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Doesn't Mc Donalds and Burger King actively hire the mentally challenged,because I know they do here. These kids/people do a great job and all making burgers and fries, but some of them if I offered them a certified check for $1,000 or a bag of quarters , they would take the quarters. That part of the story may have been left out?
    That may be a good explanation for his decision!

I personally find it very sad, but anyway, to each his own.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,772 Times in 2,479 Posts

If I won the lottery for a modest amount (between $3 and $6 million USD, remember - if you take the cash out instead of annuity, you give up about half to penalties and taxes, but it's worth it), I would continue working, but retire in about 15 years. In that 15 years, I would earn between $1.5 and $2 million USD. I could use some of the after tax lottery money to pay off my mortgage, buy a condo in Florida and a condo in central/north Jersey, put some in a high yeild savings account, and invest the balance. With my salary over those 15 years, I contribute the maximum amounts to my 401k and IRA and pay my day to day living expenses.

By the time I retire, in my early 50's, I'd sell all my NJ real estate and move to my Florida real estate, where I can make frequent trips to South America and the various Carribean islands. By that time, the US should be reconciled with Cuba, so I'll be able to take LM, Kevy, and WhyNotMe on boat trips from Florida to Cuba on my boat.

I don't blame the guy for working. Studies show that people who stop working too early have shorter life spans than those that either keep working or keep active with other activites.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SJG For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    If I won the lottery for a modest amount (between $3 and $6 million USD, remember - if you take the cash out instead of annuity, you give up about half to penalties and taxes, but it's worth it), I would continue working, but retire in about 15 years , so I'll be able to take LM, Kevy, and WhyNotMe on boat trips from Florida to Cuba on my boat.
    I'm very happy to see that you know who your real friends are should you hit the jackpot....

I'm with you, I try to keep my friends to a minimum, so that if I happen to win the big one, I don't have to share too much of it.......
    Last edited by LM; 03-25-2008 at 09:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I agree he is better off working, but you would think he would now be in a position to do something more satisfying than working at McDonalds serving up shit to retards.....As most Americans are used to thinking in dollars...
    Ahh! Therein lies the man's genius. Shit sells and there's no shortage of retards, worldwide. I think this guy is in a position to do great things if he follows his present course and his wife seems to be on the team so that will help in the long run, barring marital disharmony.

Oh yeah...Most Americans haven't worked on 6 continents.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SJG View Post
    By the time I retire, in my early 50's, I'd sell all my NJ real estate and move to my Florida real estate, where I can make frequent trips to South America and the various Carribean islands. By that time, the US should be reconciled with Cuba, so I'll be able to take LM, Kevy, and WhyNotMe on boat trips from Florida to Cuba on my boat.

I don't blame the guy for working. Studies show that people who stop working too early have shorter life spans than those that either keep working or keep active with other activites.
    Don't forget me, I wanna go!!
    Searching for the ultimate Squirter!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

If i had a mil at 25 i would work at a WalMart and bang all the welfare moms and pay their phone bill. I work 4 hours at the local Stop and Shop on Sunday nights just to find broads with low self esteem. The 7.25 an hour is lunch money. If you are over 40 and want to bang young broads a minimum wage part time job is the balls.

Think about it. They all take the bus home so when you drive them to their door it is an autumatic coffee invite. Got the # of the service desk girl at Lowes yesterday when filling out a credit request. So simple.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to guttaman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,220 Times in 1,957 Posts

Pictures Re: Lottery millionaire back working at McDonald's

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman View Post
    If i had a mil at 25 i would work at a WalMart and bang all the welfare moms and pay their phone bill. I work 4 hours at the local Stop and Shop on Sunday nights just to find broads with low self esteem. The 7.25 an hour is lunch money. If you are over 40 and want to bang young broads a minimum wage part time job is the balls.

Think about it. They all take the bus home so when you drive them to their door it is an autumatic coffee invite. Got the # of the service desk girl at Lowes yesterday when filling out a credit request. So simple.
    I may have to try this

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman View Post

This is Brilliant. Low self Esteem & low on cash. Like you said, even a nice car pulling up to take them home is a status symbol for them. I never thought of this. I do find it is extremely easy to approach women at the grocery store and the checkout girls are always easy to talk to, esp the very young freaky ones with all the piercings. But maybe they think of me as a DADDY figure ?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    This is Brilliant. Low self Esteem & low on cash. Like you said, even a nice car pulling up to take them home is a status symbol for them. I never thought of this. I do find it is extremely easy to approach women at the grocery store and the checkout girls are always easy to talk to, esp the very young freaky ones with all the piercings. But maybe they think of me as a DADDY figure ?
    This conversation should have a thread of its own. It sometimes doesn't take more than a phone bill to turn a "Daddy" figure into a "Papi" figure. A single buddy of mine gets a regular monthly toss from his local Panamanian fuck buddy in return for the cellular bill. It's cheaper than an AMP and no chance to get busted. She's not much to look at but doable and from what I hear, talented enough to not have to worry about paying a cellular bill for some time to come.

She just calls him when it's time, comes over and FS's him, spits, gets the cash and leaves....perfect....no dinner, no flowers, no bullshit.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

She just calls him when it's time, comes over and FS's him, spits, gets the cash and leaves....perfect....no dinner, no flowers, no bullshit.
    That is what I call a perfect relationship - if only there were more girls like that in the first world...

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Gladiator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

I've always been a fan of Dominicana supermarket check out girls!

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...highlight=Game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information