Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Terrierist's D.R. Recap

San Felipe de Puerto Plata, La Republica Dominicana
    Thanks

Re: Terrierist's D.R. Recap

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    choirboy is correct

I figured if i could get a compact car for less then $30 a day, i might rent one for my stay.
    I rented an older, well-scuffed, but functional Rav-4 from Kayac in Puerto Plata for $1,200 pesos / day. It included all insurance. If I wrote it and the other guy off, the maximum I would have to pay was $700 U.S.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

terrier??? At the tradewinds condos, i am guessing it is a fair walk back to places like la passions and classicos and even rockys bar?

I am thinking about staying at these condos(its on my short list of places to stay) and i am one of those guys who likes to take taxis(to old and scared of those motos) Would u know if it is easy or not to take a taxi to and from there? thanks

You can always take a motoconcho, it is a short ride to Pedro C. It is safe to walk the strip from end to end once you are there.
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

Thanks

U sure are one trustworthy man. I wouldnt dare walk those streets alone at night and i dont trust anyone there. Even that guard. When u went into the story about the part he was the one tapping u on the shoulder, i thought u was in big trouble and i cant beleive u put the trust of some stranger in some strange country in your hands. It does make for good reading thou lol

Why didnt u have jetmie go with u?

Cant wait for the conclusion, interesting read so far, and what or who is the mafioso?
    OK, I had a choice...an unruly gang that acted like they may well have been on drugs, or the guy that helped me...at a price. Easy decision!!!

Jeitme wasn't there simply because I wouldn't put her in such a position. I'm somewhat chauvinistic, I guess, but I always look after my lady and seldom myself. I trust that over a half century of experience has heightened my spidey senses. Perhaps I was a little reckless, but I was still safer than out by myself in L.A. or Atlanta or Edmonton. Sosua isn't that dangerous, though it does seem much worse than Puerto Plata. Perhaps it attracts too many mongering tourists. Predators gather where prey abounds, n'est pas? My wingman, Marco, had flown back to Boston so there was no chance of being accompanied.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by terrierist View Post
    I rented an older, well-scuffed, but functional Rav-4 from Kayac in Puerto Plata for $1,200 pesos / day. It included all insurance. If I wrote it and the other guy off, the maximum I would have to pay was $700 U.S.
    This is a pretty good rental plan, if you can take the hit. The one I had did not have a deductable, if I totaled the car and ran over someone, there would be no out of pocket cost. But it was about 13 dollars a day more. I think I may go with Kayac next go round.

Thanks

Sosua isn't that dangerous, though it does seem much worse than Puerto Plata. Perhaps it attracts too many mongering tourists. Predators gather where prey abounds, n'est pas? My wingman, Marco, had flown back to Boston so there was no chance of being accompanied.
    This is going in my sig.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Thanks

terrier??? At the TradeWinds condos, i am guessing it is a fair walk back to places like la passions and classicos and even rockys bar?

I am thinking about staying at these condos(its on my short list of places to stay) and i am one of those guys who likes to take taxis(to old and scared of those motos) Would u know if it is easy or not to take a taxi to and from there? thanks
    Well, taxis in Puerto Plata are far scarier than in Sosua. Sosua is small, and the concho drivers outside the TradeWinds seem to understand us chicken-shit gringos. The three I rode with were very good...calm, smooth and safe-as-can-be. Sosua is very small, and that minimizes your risk. I felt quite safe on the back of a motoconcho with a driver who knew me as a repeat customer in Sosua. They want you to call them back for another fare. Just propina well...an extra 20 pesos goes a long way on a 40 peso fare and they'll remember you and treat you right.

Sure you could take a taxi, but it's just not worth the cost or the wait, IMHO!!! The chicas are fine with the motoconcho, and I'm not about to be more chickenshit than a young woman!!!!

Now in Puerto Plata, I don't feel the same. The traffic is much more ridiculous. There the concho drivers cannot drive as defensively and still get to their destination reasonably. I took several motoconchos in Puerto Plata and must recommend taxis whenever there are two or more passengers. This is partly because of the longer distances and the more aggressive traffic.

Now the rest depends on the experience you are looking for...a condo is generally nicer than a hotel room, but it is farther from the action. I kinda get off on having a full kitchen, and even on letting the ladies show off their culinary prowess. Life is a compromise...choose your poison, though even in Sosua you cannot have it all (or if you can, I didn't find out how).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado View Post
    This is going in my sig.
    I want royalties on that...you owe me my first soapy next time we meet!!!!

Thanks

I want royalties on that...you owe me my first soapy next time we meet!!!!
    A soapy....? I think I can do a little better than that, how about a 3 hour massage from that big chica at crystals?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

is the conclusion of your trip report tonight terrier? Im looking forward to reading how it all ended.

Your being like a stripper who keeps pretending to take off her top to expose those big hooters and then just delays it so i drool some more lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado View Post
    A soapy....? I think I can do a little better than that, how about a 3 hour massage from that big chica at crystals?
    Ah...you mean Damaris from Cristals. Well she is no spinner, but she is a true professional masseuse, and knows how to finish the job too!!!! Last trip I took Damaris for an encore, and wrote about her in my first trip report. It was good to see her again this trip, but the time (timing) wasn't right and I didn't see her again or I'd have eagerly taken her home for another amazing massage and stupendous finish(es). She also knows how to treat a man right in public, and I enjoyed walking with her along the playa, and even taking horse-drawn carriage rides with her...she was always letting me know she was there... .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

is the conclusion of your trip report tonight terrier? Im looking forward to reading how it all ended.

Your being like a stripper who keeps pretending to take off her top to expose those big hooters and then just delays it so i drool some more lol
    It gets a little anticlimactic from here...please give me another day to collect my thought (purposely singular), and I'll finish it off.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have one reserved with Avis for $370 for 12 days w/liability insurance. About $30 a day but I don't really like the car you get for that. It is about one step up from a moto.....barely. Maybe I'll get lucky and get upgraded.

I can't seem to get insurance prices on Savings website. I'm guessing it is going to be about the same as Avis.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

The chicas are fine with the motoconcho, and I'm not about to be more chickenshit than a young woman!!!!

Now in Puerto Plata, I don't feel the same. The traffic is much more ridiculous. There the concho drivers cannot drive as defensively and still get to their destination reasonably. I took several motoconchos in Puerto Plata and must recommend taxis whenever there are two or more passengers. This is partly because of the longer distances and the more aggressive traffic.
    Don't let feelings of masculine pride blur your judgment. Just because the putas are happy to take motoconchos doesn't mean you have to. They don't have the dinero for taxis, cannot walk because of their heels, and are reckless with their lives in many ways. A well-known puta whom I and many others here have had was horribly injured recently and will live out her life as a mangled wreck. (Admittedly this was on a private moto). Many others have been killed or injured in my two years on ISOC.

I also agree with you about Puerto Plata motoconchistas. They rely less on gringos to make a living and the distances are greater which increases the risk.

I have been carefree about taking motoconchos during my first 17 weeks in the DR (despite Dominican Billy's fierce lectures) but this last trip I could easily have been injured or worse on four occasions in just two weeks so I will be restricting my usage in future. If I can walk, or a taxi would not cost more than double, then I will avoid motoconchos in PP.

Either way, it will always be my decision and I will not let a chica influence me.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Installment #6: Departure

We get up early, and Jeitme insists on making me breakfast again...OK, but I make her add a couple of eggs to the scramble as I don't expect to eat well again today...airline food is not what it once was, and the day will approach 18 hours before I am home and able to eat well again.

I'm packed, and she packs up her stuff (and the fridge, a very nice bonus for her, as accurately predicted by Billy ten days previously) and by 8:00 we're on the road. I stop off at Rocky's to turn in the key, repatriate my damage deposit ($50.00 US) and grab a cup of coffee. I finally meet Marco...we've been missing each other all week. He seems like a very nice gentleman. Certainly Sosua hates me, but Rocky's, Marco, and the TradeWinds have been good to me this trip. So Sosua is not all bad, but WHY does it HATE me so????

I drove Jeitme to her new room. I guess I should confess that I did pay for her damage deposit (4,000 pesos) so she could move from her room to a one bedroom apartment with a working toilet of her own. I felt she needed a little more space than a single room with no water and a common waterless lavatory for her and her son. Besides, I'd have blown 4,000 in a single day easily on any one of many putas...it was the least I could do, and I still feel cheap. I did try to explain that she was solely responsible for the rent...there would be NO Western Union. She was disappointed, but she got the message...no play, no pay...PERIOD!!!

It's now just after 9:00 and Jeitme is getting agitated. I don't know why, by she decides to direct me through Puerto Plata traffic... Izquierda...Derecha..Direcho para siempre (well not really para siempre). derecha aqui. Parar!!!

Well, I finally turned into an office building and in we go. It was her Abagado!!!! Jeitme talked with him, and then he translated...If I wanted to take her to Canada, it would cost $1,500 U.S. to incorporate a company...I'd need to name her as a senior executive...and then there might be a chance, if it looked legitimate, that Canada would grant her a tourist visa. If I were to put assets into the company, like buying real estate or simply adding several thousand dollars to a working account, things would likely go even easier. Or, and it would be so much easier, I could marry her and then, after a longer waiting period and several documented visits, she could accompany me indefinitely as my wife!!!!

OMFG!!!! "Yo estoy no esposo!!!!" I scream inwardly, and not for the first time this trip. The other shoe finally falls!!!! Now I have to, once again, credit Billy Lane (DominicanBilly), of HarborView Condos, for having covered this topic with me in advance. No, I did NOT see it coming. But I was prepared. Thank you, Billy.

Now I really like this girl...and would quickly sponsor her on a tourist visa, even accepting all expenses. But marriage? Hell, my divorce isn't even final yet. And spending mucho dinero on a shell company controlled by a woman I'd known only three weeks (both trips) and with whom I didn't even have a common language? I'd like my accountant to look that over.

So I make some feable excuses about not being ready for marriage...yet (and frankly I don't think I will ever be ready for that again), and that I am unemployed (true, as my new job would not start until April 1st).

The abogado translated and Jeitme looked heartbroken. But she kissed me anyways and insisted that she accompany me to the airport.

So I dropped the car off at Kayac and they drove Jeitme and me to the airport. I checked my bags, got my boarding pass and then we sat together for about an hour. The goodbyes started, and I got misty...I think I must be allergic to something in the departure area of the airport as this happened the last time I left Puerto Plata, and also when I said goodbye to my friend Marco a few days earlier.

With 45 minutes to wheels up, I emptied my wallet of its remaining dominican currency into her purse, besa mi amor adios, and proceeded through security. As I waited in line, I watched her negotiate with a couple of cabbies, and finally take a third back to her home...damn, I want to learn how to negotiate from this lady. She seems like a real professional at getting her way. Lord knows she worked her magic on me, much to Billy's chagrine!!!

Arriving home, I turn on my Canadian cell phone to two messages...both effectively say "I miss you...I wuv u, I wuv u, I wuv u".

It may be a fantasy, but it sure beats reality...I'm saving up already to see her (and a few strays too, I must admit) again, and as soon as possible.

VIVA La Republica Dominica!!!!!

P.S. - In another moment of weakness (OK, that was most of my trip), I set her up with an email account, and now she is emailing sweet Spanish to me. I wonder when the W.U. request will come. Oh well, I'm broke and unemployed...she can't get blood from a stone, though she sure can mess with my...uh...heart?...yeah that's it...somewhere below my belly button.

The end!!!!

23. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Thanks for the great trip report terrior.

As for that visitors visa u thought might be possible, forget that. Never ever ever will someone from a third world country be offered a visitors visa unless she basically owns that country lol

I cannot speak for jeitme's true feelings but, this sounds a bit fishy to me. I could be %100 completely wrong and u two are made for one another but this baloney about u forking over money to this shell company i beleive was a plan right from the word go. Again i could be wrong, but, maybe i am not wrong lol

U seem like a very nice guy and u also seem like a guy who is easy to take advantage of. Your kindness is seen as a weekness by many over there. Just dont do something stupid pls

Thanks again for the great report, everyday i signed on hoping u had done the next chapter.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Great story, terrierist, and a new twist on an old tale. Do I understand that you had no idea where she was taking you? I find the fact that she had a lawyer instantly available very suspicious. Other guys here will have more knowledge than me but I would think that very poor Dominicans would not be in touch with gringo-level lawyers. Not unless they had previous experience of this sort of thing or they were being advised by someone more sophisticated and the whole thing was a pre-arranged set-up.

You enjoyed her time with her and you paid her generously. You owe her nothing. You have had a great experience. Now move on. Do not correspond with her. Do not meet her again. I would never rule out getting involved in a long-term relationship with a local. But mutual trust should grow gradually over many months and years. This one is too manipulative for you. Possibly she is desperate, and desperate people are even more dangerous than scheming ones. If you did get involved deeper she would always be wearing the trousers. And if you tried to then break it off she might react vindictively and she might well have a novio or family to back her up.

One of the advantages of hanging with illegal haitianas is that they are less likely to have an established family in the country to take their side and they are reluctant to provoke any situation where the law might get involved.

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 566 Posts

Great trip report.....I will be returning in about 17 days (exactly 17 days lol) and will be using some of your insite with my novia. Keep the reports coming, you have a talent with your short stories!!

We get up early, and Jeitme insists on making me breakfast again...OK, but I make her add a couple of eggs to the scramble as I don't expect to eat well again today...airline food is not what it once was, and the day will approach 18 hours before I am home and able to eat well again.

I'm packed, and she packs up her stuff (and the fridge, a very nice bonus for her, as accurately predicted by Billy ten days previously) and by 8:00 we're on the road. I stop off at Rocky's to turn in the key, repatriate my damage deposit ($50.00 US) and grab a cup of coffee. I finally meet Marco...we've been missing each other all week. He seems like a very nice gentleman. Certainly Sosua hates me, but Rocky's, Marco, and the TradeWinds have been good to me this trip. So Sosua is not all bad, but WHY does it HATE me so????

I drove Jeitme to her new room. I guess I should confess that I did pay for her damage deposit (4,000 pesos) so she could move from her room to a one bedroom apartment with a working toilet of her own. I felt she needed a little more space than a single room with no water and a common waterless lavatory for her and her son. Besides, I'd have blown 4,000 in a single day easily on any one of many putas...it was the least I could do, and I still feel cheap. I did try to explain that she was solely responsible for the rent...there would be NO Western Union. She was disappointed, but she got the message...no play, no pay...PERIOD!!!

It's now just after 9:00 and Jeitme is getting agitated. I don't know why, by she decides to direct me through Puerto Plata traffic... Izquierda...Derecha..Direcho para siempre (well not really para siempre). derecha aqui. Parar!!!

Well, I finally turned into an office building and in we go. It was her Abagado!!!! Jeitme talked with him, and then he translated...If I wanted to take her to Canada, it would cost $1,500 U.S. to incorporate a company...I'd need to name her as a senior executive...and then there might be a chance, if it looked legitimate, that Canada would grant her a tourist visa. If I were to put assets into the company, like buying real estate or simply adding several thousand dollars to a working account, things would likely go even easier. Or, and it would be so much easier, I could marry her and then, after a longer waiting period and several documented visits, she could accompany me indefinitely as my wife!!!!

OMFG!!!! "Yo estoy no esposo!!!!" I scream inwardly, and not for the first time this trip. The other shoe finally falls!!!! Now I have to, once again, credit Billy Lane (DominicanBilly), of HarborView Condos, for having covered this topic with me in advance. No, I did NOT see it coming. But I was prepared. Thank you, Billy.

Now I really like this girl...and would quickly sponsor her on a tourist visa, even accepting all expenses. But marriage? Hell, my divorce isn't even final yet. And spending mucho dinero on a shell company controlled by a woman I'd known only three weeks (both trips) and with whom I didn't even have a common language? I'd like my accountant to look that over.

So I make some feable excuses about not being ready for marriage...yet (and frankly I don't think I will ever be ready for that again), and that I am unemployed (true, as my new job would not start until April 1st).

The abogado translated and Jeitme looked heartbroken. But she kissed me anyways and insisted that she accompany me to the airport.

So I dropped the car off at Kayac and they drove Jeitme and me to the airport. I checked my bags, got my boarding pass and then we sat together for about an hour. The goodbyes started, and I got misty...I think I must be allergic to something in the departure area of the airport as this happened the last time I left Puerto Plata, and also when I said goodbye to my friend Marco a few days earlier.

With 45 minutes to wheels up, I emptied my wallet of its remaining dominican currency into her purse, besa mi amor adios, and proceeded through security. As I waited in line, I watched her negotiate with a couple of cabbies, and finally take a third back to her home...damn, I want to learn how to negotiate from this lady. She seems like a real professional at getting her way. Lord knows she worked her magic on me, much to Billy's chagrine!!!

Arriving home, I turn on my Canadian cell phone to two messages...both effectively say "I miss you...I wuv u, I wuv u, I wuv u".

It may be a fantasy, but it sure beats reality...I'm saving up already to see her (and a few strays too, I must admit) again, and as soon as possible.

P.S. - In another moment of weakness (OK, that was most of my trip), I set her up with an email account, and now she is emailing sweet Spanish to me. I wonder when the W.U. request will come. Oh well, I'm broke and unemployed...she can't get blood from a stone, though she sure can mess with my...uh...heart?...yeah that's it...somewhere below my belly button.

The end!!!!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to TPdog For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,450 Times in 590 Posts

Great post Weyland. Its too easy to fall into this trap, and I'm sure many have. The heart wants to believe all the emotion its feeling! They (the dominicana's) are very good at what they do. And while they may have some true feelings, they see the yellow brick road to paradise! We have too much too lose, and there are too many fish in the sea to fall for this.

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Great story, terrierist, and a new twist on an old tale. Do I understand that you had no idea where she was taking you? I find the fact that she had a lawyer instantly available very suspicious. Other guys here will have more knowledge than me but I would think that very poor Dominicans would not be in touch with gringo-level lawyers. Not unless they had previous experience of this sort of thing or they were being advised by someone more sophisticated and the whole thing was a pre-arranged set-up.

You enjoyed her time with her and you paid her generously. You owe her nothing. You have had a great experience. Now move on. Do not correspond with her. Do not meet her again. I would never rule out getting involved in a long-term relationship with a local. But mutual trust should grow gradually over many months and years. This one is too manipulative for you. Possibly she is desperate, and desperate people are even more dangerous than scheming ones. If you did get involved deeper she would always be wearing the trousers. And if you tried to then break it off she might react vindictively and she might well have a novio or family to back her up.

One of the advantages of hanging with illegal haitianas is that they are less likely to have an established family in the country to take their side and they are reluctant to provoke any situation where the law might get involved.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDave For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,450 Times in 590 Posts

Thanks for the GREAT report terrierist!! I know that feeling at the airport on your way home! Must be something in the air!!

Can't wait to go back either!!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to BigDave For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It gets a little anticlimactic from here...
    After reading the last bit of your report.....this is the biggest lie I have heard since Sun & Buns started posting ......

I drove Jeitme to her new room. I guess I should confess that I did pay for her damage deposit (4,000 pesos) so she could move from her room to a one bedroom apartment with a working toilet of her own. I felt she needed a little more space than a single room with no water and a common waterless lavatory for her and her son.

She probably took this as a sign you were going to keep her as your regular novia

Well, I finally turned into an office building and in we go. It was her Abagado!!!! Jeitme talked with him, and then he translated...If I wanted to take her to Canada, it would cost $1,500 U.S. to incorporate a company...I'd need to name her as a senior executive...and then there might be a chance, if it looked legitimate, that Canada would grant her a tourist visa. If I were to put assets into the company, like buying real estate or simply adding several thousand dollars to a working account, things would likely go even easier.

This is where the boss has to be smarter than the employee, just give her a position as a retained Consultant with no fiduciary, or management responsibility in your company....same effect . And use your own lawyer

Or, and it would be so much easier, I could marry her and then, after a longer waiting period and several documented visits, she could accompany me indefinitely as my wife!!!!

I'm sure Billy knows a good lawyer for the prenup

Come on.........come onnnnnnnnn

I can just hook some electrodes to your balls and work you over for a week or so.............It would be the same effect..........and free

I'm not allergic to a damn thing......I cry.

Make it last as long as YOU want, keep it under your control, never think she is stupid or uneducated in the big picture because of her economic position and do not have children . You will be fine.

Fuckin A' Right...

You already told her there would be no WU, if you added on that if she asks for any you will cut her off.....you should be alright....or without a girlfriend.

As for that visitors visa u thought might be possible, forget that. Never ever ever will someone from a third world country be offered a visitors visa unless she basically owns that country lol.

Not true all the time, my ex-novia has a US visa, and is not from a rich family either. A little property, a business, and some savings will make the cut if you are in the right position.

I cannot speak for jeitme's true feelings but, this sounds a bit fishy to me. I could be %100 completely wrong and u two are made for one another but this baloney about u forking over money to this shell company i beleive was a plan right from the word go. Again i could be wrong, but, maybe i am not wrong lol.

Another excellent deduction Sherlock . Terrierist is just yanking chains and being humble he is a very sharp guy and catches on very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Great story, terrierist, and a new twist on an old tale. Do I understand that you had no idea where she was taking you?I find the fact that she had a lawyer instantly available very suspicious. Other guys here will have more knowledge than me but I would think that very poor Dominicans would not be in touch with gringo-level lawyers. Not unless they had previous experience of this sort of thing or they were being advised by someone more sophisticated and the whole thing was a pre-arranged set-up.

When she felt like he was going to keep her, she put her plan into motion without a doubt....but don't let yourself fall into thinking she is not well rounded or smart because she used to be a puta. There are professors, police, doctors and lawyers in the DR that will put some of the best pussy on you you have ever had to get married, but most of them are over 24 so they are not in view of most ISOC members .

Now move on. Do not correspond with her. Do not meet her again. I would never rule out getting involved in a long-term relationship with a local. But mutual trust should grow gradually over many months and years. This one is too manipulative for you. Possibly she is desperate, and desperate people are even more dangerous than scheming ones. If you did get involved deeper she would always be wearing the trousers. And if you tried to then break it off she might react vindictively and she might well have a novio or family to back her up.

There is no reason to cut it off, as I understand it he is not looking for mutual trust, love and dedication. Just a stable novia to be at his disposal when he wants GFE. It may be that she is desperate, but her back is not against the wall....she has ample opportunity to contact him and see him if he wishes, that means options and opportunity for her as a long term mistress....if she acts right. And what if her other guy or family gets pissed, The best policy against this is for his new girl to have brothers and uncles on the Policia Nacional.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information