Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Puerto Plata Scene.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Rolleyes Puerto Plata Scene.

The Puerto Plata clubs.

Yellow Beards bar has 3-4 good looking chicas who are there nightly. Be careful though as they will ask for all night money and want to leave a 3am. Why? Because they have Dominican boyfriends who want them home with the money. The scam is, I'll be back as soon as I feed my baby. Do not pay until they return is the solution because if you pay in advance they do not return.

Babylon has made a come back with a nightly show at 10pm with 3 dancers. They strip and do 3 songs. Two of the three were worthwhile and they also have 4 or 5 other chicas that worth paying the salida.

Vicalon club on the port road next to la Canita has 4 or 5 really good looking chicas. They also have a strip show at 11pm and you do have to look out for the same scam. I need to go home to feed my baby. Do not pay until they return, or make sure they know you'll only pay for a short time if they leave in a few hours and do not stay all night.

A couple of nights ago in Sosua a friend of mine approached a sexy looking Dominican chica early in the evening (about 9pm) and ask her if she would go with him for an hour for 1000 pesos. She said no she wanted 1500 pesos so he let the offer go. She was still sitting with her girlfriend an hour later. We made the offer again with the same result. She was still trolling at midnight without any takers. Are they smart? No. Are they good business women? No.

All the Dominican chicas resent the Haitian chicas because they never miss an opportunity to make a quick 1000 pesos. I really think the 20-80 percent ratio is at work here. That is 20% of the chicas are getting 80% of the action. There are some nice ones around but you have to be very selective if you want to get value for your pesos.
    Last edited by Jimmydr; 03-29-2008 at 02:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Puerto Plata Scene.

Thank you for the update. It is nice to have current information. There are many scams I am sure that are not reported so this is a good heads up and warning.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TMONEY For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,151 Posts

could you send me the addresses of these 3 places, as Chicaseeka loves to venture out on the road in search of new strip clubs in Puerto Plata
    CHICA_SEEKA

" NEVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN'

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicaSeeka For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    Vicalon club on the port road next to la Canita has 4 or 5 really good looking chicas ... I need to go home to feed my baby.
    It's Vacilón. (Means something like "having a good time" or "leading you on" : Native Spanish speakers please help me out here?).

Unfortunately the scam does not end with going home to the baby. It also includes bringing the baby next day to your apartment. Luckily I had my man Thunderstar with me at the time and he is expert at changing nappies.
    Last edited by Jimmydr; 03-30-2008 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Kids in picture. No bueno!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,392 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    It's Vacilón. (Means something like "having a good time" or "leading you on" : Native Spanish speakers please help me out here?).
    Was that the place that smelled like it was soaked in gasoline?

mp
    Let's get the job done!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisterPink View Post
    Was that the place that smelled like it was soaked in gasoline?
    That's the one. Paola (above) is a stripper there. Billy told me she was a "ball of fire". I think she would be, literally, if anyone lit up a cigarette.

I had to laugh when the manager pointed at his pathetic little aircon unit and begged us to stay, saying it would all clear in a few minutes. Talk about the famous Dominican misplaced optimism! I bet it still reeked 24 hours later.
    Last edited by weyland; 03-30-2008 at 10:48 AM.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Smile Re: Puerto Plata Scene.

The a/c was working last night but Piola has moved to the Babalyon Night club where she first started out 8 years ago. The a/c works there "most" of the time.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Here's a handy link to info:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=70546

Enjoy the fishing rod

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike View Post
    Mike, what a terrific link. That's been added immediately to my "Favorites". Many thanks.

Looks like I wasn't too far off with my fumbling attempts at translation. Like so many Spanish words it depends on the context and which country, and is impossible to translate with certainty when in isolation.

Enjoy the fishing rod
    ????? Is that directed at me? If so, I fail to understand it, sorry.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Here's a handy link to info:

http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=70546

Enjoy the fishing rod
    Outstanding word reference link!!

Hey CM, can you post this valuable info in the Language section with a sticky?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cool Re: Puerto Plata Scene.

"Vacilon" here in Miami means "party". It is a noun.

I am looking forward to getting back to DR on April 25th for six days and seeing you again, Billy.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to FLORIDASUR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mike, what a terrific link. That's been added immediately to my "Favorites". Many thanks.

????? Is that directed at me? If so, I fail to understand it, sorry.
    Yes it is.

Give a man a fish and he will live one day, teach him how to fish and he will live forever..

You failure to understand even a simple joke like this does not bode well for your cranium my friend

23. The Following User Says Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Give a man a fish and he will live one day, teach him how to fish and he will live forever.
    You failure to understand even a simple joke like this does not bode well for your cranium, my friend.
    Ouch! I hope you will be more patient and less sarcastic with those kids you are planning to have in another thread or you will have them in tears, the under-8s anyway.

I have the brain of an eleven-year-old (at least) but even I am choking back a few sobs. Your fishpond was too deep for me.

That's another one off my tea-party invitation list.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ouch! I hope you will be more patient and less sarcastic with those kids you are planning to have in another thread or you will have them in tears, the under-8s anyway.

I have the brain of an eleven-year-old (at least) but even I am choking back a few sobs. Your fishpond was too deep for me.

That's another one off my tea-party invitation list.

You're welcome

Btw better to learn the harsh ways of the world when you're 8 then be crying about it you whole life...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    The Puerto Plata clubs.

Yellow Beards bar has 3-4 good looking chicas who are there nightly. Be careful though as they will ask for all night money and want to leave a 3am. Why? Because they have Dominican boyfriends who want them home with the money. The scam is, I'll be back as soon as I feed my baby. Do not pay until they return is the solution because if you pay in advance they do not return.

Babylon has made a come back with a nightly show at 10pm with 3 dancers. They strip and do 3 songs. Two of the three were worthwhile and they also have 4 or 5 other chicas that worth paying the salida.

Vicalon club on the port road next to la Canita has 4 or 5 really good looking chicas. They also have a strip show at 11pm and you do have to look out for the same scam. I need to go home to feed my baby. Do not pay until they return, or make sure they know you'll only pay for a short time if they leave in a few hours and do not stay all night.

A couple of nights ago in Sosua a friend of mine approached a sexy looking Dominican chica early in the evening (about 9pm) and ask her if she would go with him for an hour for 1000 pesos. She said no she wanted 1500 pesos so he let the offer go. She was still sitting with her girlfriend an hour later. We made the offer again with the same result. She was still trolling at midnight without any takers. Are they smart? No. Are they good business women? No.

All the Dominican chicas resent the Haitian chicas because they never miss an opportunity to make a quick 1000 pesos. I really think the 20-80 percent ratio is at work here. That is 20% of the chicas are getting 80% of the action. There are some nice ones around but you have to be very selective if you want to get value for your pesos.

Thanks for the update, do you have adresses or directions to theese clubs ?

Thanks

Pictures Re: Puerto Plata Scene.

Here is a map of the area. Yellow Beards is on Duarte 100 yards from el Bohiem which is on Av Colon. Vacilon is on Espigon Nuevo next to a car wash named la Canita. Babylon is on Av Circunvalacion Sur which is the main road through Puerto Plata.
    Also here is a photo of the Yellow Beards chicas from yesterday. No guarantee the same group will be there tomorrow.
    Last edited by DominicanBilly; 04-14-2008 at 11:45 AM.

30. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The one on the right in white looks good. She doesn't have a bambino that needs to be fed at 3:00am does she?

San Felipe de Puerto Plata, La Republica Dominicana
    Thanks

Thanks, Billy. It was good to see a picture of the Yellowbeards girls again. I'm surviving on memories for a while, but the vessel does tend to leak more now I've surpassed the 1/2 century mark.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terrierist View Post
    Thanks, Billy. It was good to see a picture of the Yellowbeards girls again. I'm surviving on memories for a while, but the vessel does tend to leak more now I've surpassed the 1/2 century mark.
    welcome to the club

Thanks

hey all howr u.. I am coming down to puerto plata from may29 to jun 3. i hope to meet up with u guys and report back...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information