Thread: Short Las Terrenas TR

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Short Las Terrenas TR

Normally, I don't do TR's while in POP as I'm a firm believer that you don't shit where you sleep. I have had some great experiences here with the local chicas, but have wanted to venture out for some new experiences. Although I have had my place here for over a couple of years, I have only done one pleasure trip away from POP, and that was my more recent trip to Jarabacoa-Santiago, which is a damned shame when you think of it.

I returned to POP on March 18th and after the first day my back went out on me and I spent the next 5 days in bed, off and on. On March 25th I was supposed to return to the US but when I got to the airport I changed my mind and decided to stay another week as I had felt cheated the week before. So a week it was.

I decided a short get away was in order to make up for the bad week I had previously. Originally I though about going to Samana, but someone who I know locally suggested Las Terrenas instead. So, I grabbed my Dominican buddy (DB) and asked if he had a couple of days available and he said sure, and off we went.

On the way we stopped at a restaurant in Nagua and I had what was probably the best Chivo I've ever had during my stays in the DR. Usually I go to a place in POP called LaSonrisa where the Chivo is good, but this was even better.

After leaving the restaurant we continued east where there is a small sign leading you off the road to Las Terrenas. Blink and you will miss the sign. One of the things that has always pissed me off about this country is that even if you have a good map, more often than not locations are not marked very well, so I was happy to see that the road to LT from the main road at least had a sign. Some pics of the drive between Nagua and LT. What was interesting was that when I originally saw this mountain in the background I thought it was a seperate island and couldn't recall seeing it on a map. It turned out that it is not an island, and LT is located there.

We arrived in LT after about a total of 5 hours, stopping once to eat and then stopping on a couple of occasions for drinks. I asked for directions to the beach and it was pretty much a straight run to the beach, although it became evident to me that I was driving down the wrong way on a one way street. At some point the road splits, another not so evident thing, but what surprised the hell out of me was that, unlike in the US, people just moved to the side and let me through.

We arrived at the beach road, I took a left, and I decided to stop at a place called Casa Larimar hotel. There were some restaurants immediately adjacent to the hotel, which sat maybe a 100 feet back from the road, and a disco 2 doors down. I had all I needed to make my stay, so we settled on staying here. The cost was $50.00 a night.

More to follow....

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Short Las Terrenas TR

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post

More to follow....
    Ahhh, the memories..... That jungle road is something to see.

Can't wait for the rest !

Thank you Rubicon.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ilikenyacional For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks.

Yea, that road is a bit interesting as it reminded me a bit of the mountain road to Constanza, but in slightly better condition. However, the last time I was here I made a quick trip out to Constanza and quite a bit of repair work was being done to the washed out areas. The more I drive these roads the happier I am that I chose to ship my Jeep. In all honesty it is a rough ride (probably part of what has caused my back problem to flare up) but that Jeep takes a hell of a beating.

If I remember right, wasn't it you who did a pretty recent report on Las Terrenas? If so, it was one of the reasons I decided to go and check it out.

I have to do some laundry on Sunday, so I'll finish up in between loads.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks.

Yea, that road is a bit interesting as it reminded me a bit of the mountain road to Constanza, but in slightly better condition. However, the last time I was here I made a quick trip out to Constanza and quite a bit of repair work was being done to the washed out areas. The more I drive these roads the happier I am that I chose to ship my Jeep. In all honesty it is a rough ride (probably part of what has caused my back problem to flare up) but that Jeep takes a hell of a beating.

If I remember right, wasn't it you who did a pretty recent report on Las Terrenas? If so, it was one of the reasons I decided to go and check it out.

I have to do some laundry on Sunday, so I'll finish up in between loads.
    Yeah, last month.

I'll wait until your laundry is done to hear what you think about the place !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilikenyacional For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, anyway, we get settled in and I do what I am usually finding myself doing more and more these days, I lay down for a quick nap. I wake at about 8pm, shower, and get dressed. We decided to step into the club that was a couple of doors down (if I remember correctly it was called Opalo) and checked the place out. I was a bit surprised by its opulence. Las Terrenas appears to be about the size of POP in terms of area, but along the beach it reminds me of a sleepy little village town. This club, although small in size, was more of an upscale joint, even possessing some high end liquors. It was early and not much was happening at this time, so me and DB decided to go look elsewhere. I told the owner (Phillipe) we'd be back later. We stepped outside and went across the street and had something to eat. Afterwards, DB stopped a couple of motoconcho drivers and asked them to take us to where the chicas were.

We started to head out and, normally, I never have any concerns about my surroundings, though I always make it a point to keep my eyes open. Well we started traveling towards the outskirts of town and I started to question whether or not we were going to be set up. DB carries, so I thought it a good idea to keep my eye on him to make sure his motoconcho was keeping up. After a while we pulled up to a small open-air club that was occupied by Dominicans ans Hatians. We spent a good hour here just sipping beer and checking out the scene. Initially there weren't too many chicas, but I guess word got around that a couple of new faces in town, or it was just coincidence, but several chicas started to show up in 2's and 3's. I saw one chica in particular who was nice looking, but she just sat with this miserable look on her face, so I figured it was probably best not to gamble on it as we were only going to be in town for a couple of nights.

We decided to head back into town and go back over to Apolo to see if things had picked up. I ordered a bottle of my favorite Tequila which allowed us to sit in VIP, which I thought was odd since there was literally only two places to sit, either at the bar, or VIP. Here I am with Phillipe:

And Phillipe dancing with a beauty, as well as his wife in the background

Then she walked in. I knew as soon as I saw her that she was going to be the pick for the night. As is my custom, I don't remember her name. In fact, I had her both nights when I was in town and after the first hour I just referred to her as mi amor. I have to work on getting better at remembering names. She really looked good in person and had one of the nicest bodies I've come across. I mean really nice. Well proportioned and firm. Unfortunately, she wouldn't allow pic's back at the room, which was what I really wanted, but we had a good time while in the club. She said she was from San Pedro de Macoris. I'll have to get down that way at some point if this is what they're producing.

I finally got her to say hello on the second night.

11. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

She said she was from San Pedro de Macoris. I'll have to get down that way at some point if this is what they're producing.

There are some fine hoes in Nagua and San Pedro........... I'm talking in general. (putas and not-a-putas)

I love the report!!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    There are some fine hoes in Nagua and San Pedro........... I'm talking in general. (putas and not-a-putas)

I love the report!!!!!
    So thats how you get them!

Ola, tu es una "fine hoe"

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have to say that I was really impressed with her. I've always been of the opinion that any woman who accepts money for sex is a whore, and I don't believe that will ever change. But, I have to give her credit, she carried herself extremely well. She didn't come across as the typical, aggressive ho'. She was almost demure in a way. When the club started to close I asked her if she was interested in joining me in my room and she said sure. I couldn't believe the body on her when she undressed. So much so that I had to sit and stair at it for a couple of minutes, which made her smile, and the rest, as they say, is history.

We got up the next morning and as I started to iron my clothes she asked if I'd like her to iron them instead. When they do this it always makes me question where in hell in the United States would a ho' offer to iron your clothes after having fucked you? Afterwards, I slipped her 1500 pesos and she asked if I'd be seeing her that night and I said sure.

Me and DB were looking for breakfast and I asked the hotel proprietor if he knew where there was a good restaurant for breakfast and he mentioned that he had one upstairs on the terrace. Great, we wouldn't have to walk far for what is for me, my most important meal of the day. We were brought orange juice, some fruit, and bread. After finishing this I asked the waitress if they were going to bring us a menu and she looked at me confused. DB turned to me and said we just had breakfast. WTF? It was then that I realized that it was "continental breakfast". I've never understood why they call it continental breakfast. It's more like a meal for prisoners. I said bullshit, I gotta have something to eat, so we left in search of what became the elusive breakfast. We walked the immediate area and could not find one place that was open for breakfast.

Much of the rest of the day was spent lounging around, which I really needed at this point. I was able to get my usual nap, and then later called DB who was hinging at some local spot, you know, one of those places that has nothing but beer and loud music. Afterwards, we went down to the beach and ate at some place where I made up for my lack of breakfast. I had intended to take alot more pic's but didn't think to bring the extra battery or the charger, and the battery was now dead.

That evening was nothing more than a repeat of the previous evening, which was perfectly fine with me as I had mi amor. I contemplated asking her if she'd like to go back to POP with me for 2-3 more days but decided that that was not what I was here for. I decided long ago that casual sexual encounters would be my strategy for the rest of my life, and I was intent on sticking to that strategy.

LT was a nice getaway, and I think I'll return in the future at some point. It's certainly not Sosua which, I suspect, is part of its appeal for me. Next time I think I'll spend a few days and really explore the area. I have a tendency, especially when I'm on a short trip, to find something I like as far as a hotel and/or party venue and stick with it. The down side is that I think I might miss out on other places that could be just as fun. I always worry, however, about spending too much time looking and not enough time doing.

Hope you enjoyed.

17. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post

I love the report!!!!!
    Thanks.

You know what I've found in my two, brief trips out of town is that the further away I've traveled, the fresher the dames tend to be. Not as aggressive, bodies not banged the fuck up, and they carry themselves differently. Although, in all honesty, I've found the same here in POP as well. I told DB that in the future I am going to have to spend at least half of my trips traveling to other places.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

I asked the hotel proprietor if he knew where there was a good restaurant for breakfast ... the most important meal of the day.
    I am with you there.
    Question: "How can you eat well in England?"
    Answer: "Eat breakfast three times a day".

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Thanks.

You know what I've found in my two, brief trips out of town is that the further away I've traveled, the fresher the dames tend to be. Not as aggressive, bodies not banged the fuck up, and they carry themselves differently. Although, in all honesty, I've found the same here in POP as well. I told DB that in the future I am going to have to spend at least half of my trips traveling to other places.
    I normally only do 4 or 5 day DR trips. But i'll spend maybe 1 day(at most) in Sosua. The other days spent elsewhere.

Sometimes i'll fly into SDQ (capital), spend the night there, rent a car and make my way across to POP. By way of the main highway to La Vega (breakfast and chica), then back to the road to San Francisco DM (2nd night), then to Nagua (3rd night), across to San Juan area (lunch and chica), then to Sosua (4th night) and then Santiago (5th night) where i will depart the next day.

Alot of driving but i don't mind it at all. I'm actually at peace driving through the mountains or countryside. Very scenic.........

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hell, I've spent anywhere from a week to a month here. I guess I've felt that since I have the house here that I need to get full value out of it and use it, and that's what's kept me mostly in this area. However, I've found that when I do travel away from POP it hasn't cost me anymore money than it costs me to go out here in POP. So, I guess now I won't be so reluctant to get away. I don't think I can do a day here and another there, though, as I like to at least unpack a bag for 2 days minimum, but I do spend alot of time here so I'll be getting around to other places in the future.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    I am with you there.
    Question: "How can you eat well in England?"
    Answer: "Eat breakfast three times a day".
    I don't know about 3 times a day, but I've got to at least have it in the morning. The problem I've had in POP is that it's the same old thing every day; eggs, bacon, potatoes, and bread. Not much of a variety to choose from.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thread Information