Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hotel Colibri - new info

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Hotel Colibri - new info

Rod, the former owner of Cafe Cubano, and Big D have taken over the lease for the restaurant and pool area of the Colibri. I stopped in there tonight to talk to them and see what was happening. They have already taken over the restaurant. They are remodeling the pool bar area. They will be installing a big screen TV and a couple of gaming systems. There is a dart board and pool table. They hope to have it done in a couple of weeks.

The pool and grounds of the Colibri are pretty nice. They will also have one or two "cabana" type rooms available. They told me the cabana room would be 250 pesos per hour. There will be no chicas on-site. But they are hoping that non-guests will come by to hang out, use the pool, eat, drink and be merry. And if they have a group that wants to rent out all 22 rooms they can basically take over the hotel. Baring a complete take over there has to be a certain level of decorum in the pool and bar area due to other paying guests.

In talking to Rod and Big D they mentioned an ISOC discount of 10% but I will have to talk to them to get more specifics regarding the discount and what it applies to.

This is good news for me as I live across the street and don't have a pool that I use at my apartment. Just walk over with chica, get a cold beer and hit the pool. I always enjoyed doing that at Field of Dreams but this is so much closer and more convienant. I will talk to them some more and post whatever info I get in this thread.

It should also be noted that Wilfried at Casa Cayena welcomes non-guest ISOC members into his place for beers by the pool. These are good options if your hotel doesn't have a pool or has a shitty one.
    Enjoy it while you can.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Re: Hotel Colibri - new info

Quote Originally Posted by Robert13212 View Post
    Rod, the former owner of Cafe Cubano, and Big D have taken over the lease for the restaurant and pool area of the Colibri. I stopped in there tonight to talk to them and see what was happening. They have already taken over the restaurant. They are remodeling the pool bar area. They will be installing a big screen TV and a couple of gaming systems. There is a dart board and pool table. They hope to have it done in a couple of weeks.

The pool and grounds of the Colibri are pretty nice. They will also have one or two "cabana" type rooms available. They told me the cabana room would be 250 pesos per hour. There will be no chicas on-site. But they are hoping that non-guests will come by to hang out, use the pool, eat, drink and be merry. And if they have a group that wants to rent out all 22 rooms they can basically take over the hotel. Baring a complete take over there has to be a certain level of decorum in the pool and bar area due to other paying guests.

In talking to Rod and Big D they mentioned an ISOC discount of 10% but I will have to talk to them to get more specifics regarding the discount and what it applies to.

This is good news for me as I live across the street and don't have a pool that I use at my apartment. Just walk over with chica, get a cold beer and hit the pool. I always enjoyed doing that at Field of Dreams but this is so much closer and more convienant. I will talk to them some more and post whatever info I get in this thread.

It should also be noted that Wilfried at Casa Cayena welcomes non-guest ISOC members into his place for beers by the pool. These are good options if your hotel doesn't have a pool or has a shitty one.
    Dont think I know Rod, only Brian the cigar shop guy... or maybe I do if I saw him... Big D is the man on the grill, all sounds very good... Only downside was posted by Robert...... He lives across the street... There goes the neighborhood! lol
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

4. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

Good news, could be my new hangout... Will check it out. Thank you Robert for the post and good luck to Rod and Big D. I did not know Rod was back in town. It will be good to see him again. Its hard to get this place out of your system... Addiction???? Maybe YES...

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

If I recall correctly, they are planning a big opening night party on july 4th
    I've offended you.....goood

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 83,174 Times in 8,333 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    Good news, could be my new hangout... Will check it out. Thank you Robert for the post and good luck to Rod and Big D. I did not know Rod was back in town. It will be good to see him again. Its hard to get this place out of your system... Addiction???? Maybe YES...
    Having the 250 peso cabana room could be advantages to some people.

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Seville For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas View Post
    Dont think I know Rod, only Brian the cigar shop guy... or maybe I do if I saw him... Big D is the man on the grill, all sounds very good... Only downside was posted by Robert...... He lives across the street... There goes the neighborhood! lol
    If you ever hung out at Cubano before Brian bought the place then you probably met Rod or his (ex?) wife Shira. Good peoples.

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 87,562 Times in 8,809 Posts

I studied Spanish there a couple of years ago, I wonder if they will still have their Spanish school?

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to camaro1257 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 183 Posts

Thanks for the info. May go there and try out the restaurant and pool area now that Big D has taken over.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to leaseno For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rod, the former owner of Cafe Cubano, and Big D have taken over the lease for the restaurant and pool area of the Colibri.
    I guess this also means that Big D is going to shut down the beach spot? Or is he going to try to teach a few Dominicans how to be BBQ pitmasters?

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 89,168 Times in 10,927 Posts

I guess this also means that Big D is going to shut down the beach spot? Or is he going to try to teach a few Dominicans how to be BBQ pitmasters?
    Mary runs the place just fine when Derrick is gone.

22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to TNT72 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Mary runs the grill when D is not around he was running a spot in Long Island last summer during low season...

https://www.facebook.com/LandsharkFr...ed_target_id=0

24. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

I hope they bought a new dart board because the one they had was useless as all the darts had completely dulled.

Colibri was my spot when i stayed in Sosua but i haven't stayed there in a year. It seemed they started to let the place go. Rooms never got updated and last time i was there the pool was not clean at all. All types of leaves floating around and the kiddie-pool in the corner area was full of sand. Didn't look good.

Service was always good. Always got a kick out of the light-skinned girls bringing us drinks to the pool while holding an umbrella cuz they would be exposed to the sun for a whole 10 seconds.

Is Zuleika still there? Ufffff!!!!!
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,964 Times in 1,262 Posts

Clap Re: Hotel Colibri - new info

Great news !

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sidney For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    Great news !
    Mark this date on your calendar fellas... Sidney is happy about something in Sosua!!!! LOL Just playin with ya papa..

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    I hope they bought a new dart board because the one they had was useless as all the darts had completely dulled.

Colibri was my spot when i stayed in Sosua but i haven't stayed there in a year. It seemed they started to let the place go. Rooms never got updated and last time i was there the pool was not clean at all. All types of leaves floating around and the kiddie-pool in the corner area was full of sand. Didn't look good.

Service was always good. Always got a kick out of the light-skinned girls bringing us drinks to the pool while holding an umbrella cuz they would be exposed to the sun for a whole 10 seconds.

Is Zuleika still there? Ufffff!!!!!
    They let Zuleika go. That was the straw that broke the camels back from me. Colibri will not get a penny out of me. She was a very nice girl. Wish I did not lose her contact info.
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

I stopped over there a few days ago. Big D showed me around. Who cannot like Big D??? Impossible... In any case, the main restaurant looks great and really nice staff there. Big D was obsessed over showing his staff how to cook correctly. Walked back to the pool bar area which is still yet to be sorted out, but looks like a great place to hang out and have ISOC parties. They are going to have three cabana type rooms which have walls and etc., but needs to be finished. There is a grill area which may have a tent like cover in the future. The pool looks a bit shabby, and maybe needs to be repainted or there might have been some sand at the bottom??? Not sure, but its a huge pool which is expensive to maintain... I did not see Rod, but looks like they are sticking some serious money into the place and when finished it should be a comfortable place to hang out in the afternoon. Its covered area by the pool looks good for rainy days as well. I kept thinking about guys with their chicas hanging out there in relative comfort and peace... The bar area is pretty far from the hotel rooms, so noise will probably not be an issue. The two 250 pesos ST rooms is a good deal and I bet will be used often... I see the place having all of the appeal of a house party without the cost and hassle of renting a villa...

I also hung out at Casa Cayana, which is a short walking distance to the strip vs. Hotel Calibre and like that place very much... With this new opening of the Calibre bar and pool area to the public, there will be a number of great places to hang out at during the day (maybe evening), if you don't want to go to the beach... Things are getting better in Sosua.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    I stopped over there a few days ago. Big D showed me around. Who cannot like Big D??? Impossible... In any case, the main restaurant looks great and really nice staff there. Big D was obsessed over showing his staff how to cook correctly. Walked back to the pool bar area which is still yet to be sorted out, but looks like a great place to hang out and have ISOC parties. They are going to have three cabana type rooms which have walls and etc., but needs to be finished. There is a grill area which may have a tent like cover in the future. The pool looks a bit shabby, and maybe needs to be repainted or there might have been some sand at the bottom??? Not sure, but its a huge pool which is expensive to maintain... I did not see Rod, but looks like they are sticking some serious money into the place and when finished it should be a comfortable place to hang out in the afternoon. Its covered area by the pool looks good for rainy days as well. I kept thinking about guys with their chicas hanging out there in relative comfort and peace... The bar area is pretty far from the hotel rooms, so noise will probably not be an issue. The two 250 pesos ST rooms is a good deal and I bet will be used often... I see the place having all of the appeal of a house party without the cost and hassle of renting a villa...

I also hung out at Casa Cayana, which is a short walking distance to the strip vs. Hotel Calibre and like that place very much... With this new opening of the Calibre bar and pool area to the public, there will be a number of great places to hang out at during the day (maybe evening), if you don't want to go to the beach... Things are getting better in Sosua.
    Three people I have met out there that dont seem to have a bad bone in their body, Big D, Rick, and ahhhh ok, lets throw you into the mix lol, seriously, you 3 are top notch... Having a 250 pesos ST room seems so cheap, even if I was staying in another Sosua place and decided on a ST quick hit up, I would pay the 250 to fuck in that hotel... Its gonna cost you close to that for you and a chica to go to another hotel and back by motoconch anyway... Plus you dont fuck up your sheets, have to use your own towels, or even let the chica know where you are staying if you dont want her stalkin you lol... Sounds pretty exciting that some good news is coming outa Sosua! Seems like its been a while since we had good news!

34. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 58,349 Times in 10,420 Posts

Didn't Big D try and make a go of the kitchen/restaurant in the resort like hotel across from Freds bar a couple of years ago??

Hopefully this is better.He had this big feed thingy before some fight(remember Trey? Joey,chicas and I sat with you and Nap)

The food sucked.

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jacknback For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Having the 250 peso cabana room could be advantages to some people.
    Uh Oh, there goes the neighborhood!! Drunks and cabanas are not a good mix for the quiet mongers and vacationing families that stay there. The owners are ok with this???

I have to find a new spot.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information