Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 02/2014 - Mary Rose Review

Thanks
    Thanked 11,733 Times in 1,193 Posts

Re: 02/2014 - Mary Rose Review

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Martin.....you are making some valid comments as in your review but did you address all these issues with Rick in person during your stay?
    I talked about my hot water so many time with him that i didnt even bother telling him again. Waste of time, he know problem, why would i keep wasting my time trying to tell him.. he knew the problem, and he repaired my shower like 2 time, he changed pump like 3 time... still same shit over and over... on my last day I had no hot water.. why would i waste my time telling him

When I arrived there first thing that a customer told me in front of rick was the rooster problem, so, obviously, rick knew about it.

Honestly, rick should not sell MR as a very quiet place, and for the price he sell, i think he should make sure the water work good , its annoying as customer to always have to go tell rick about same problem over and over... and over.... changing pump.. changing shower head... changing shower tube.. still same problem... pressure was only 20% of what they have at dulce secreto, and like 60% of what they have in the shit 15$ hotel i went. but in those 2 place it is constant, never cold water in middle of your shower.. even if it take 20 minute...
    Want to buy ISOC Subscription and pay in Bitcoins?
    2 year : Bitcoin
    1 year : Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Address: 1KnSXcmWbZPcHeWxvmBPKAq71EHCRYCGjq

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 113,297 Times in 14,583 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin0siddle View Post
    Thats exactly my problem.

Mary rose is sold as VERY QUIET, with waht you just said, you admit that it is not very quiet, but why does rick promote it as very quiet?!

I dont care about noise much, to be honest, but new garden is not gonna tell me that their hotel is VERY QUIET.

Rick is not gonna sell Sosua Suite as VERY QUIET.. well actually i think he is, but anyway.

My problem is, If I am renting because its supose be very quiet, it should be. and not ""quiet compare to other place"" All the downtown place have moto problem, but mary rose have rooster YELLING all night long right in the backyard AND moto problem AND dog barkling sometime... It might have less moto then the strip, yes, but it still have moto problem...

And we talking about quiet problem, but in fact, what disturbed me the most was the water pressure and the fact that the hot water would cut off after some time ... then it come back.. then goes again and so on...
    You missed the point somewhat .

I don't think Rick would market Sosua Suites as being very quiet because it is not as it is close to the strip and the noise from people around plus a dog that likes to bark alot that can be even more annoying than the rooster.

Seems like the tone of your review was more about it not being quiet enough for your liking since your mentioned it numerous times than the water pressure. So get over it and move on.

Besides who needs that long of a shower anyway. Get in, get clean and move on to the business at hand.
    I am the pussy licker ​Let's have some fun. Not invisible. Snitches are pathetic little people!
    Disclaimer. This post may not be in response to a post by Greybaby. So Greybaby doesn't need to cry about it. Rover has you pegged to a T

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to j_d66 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_d66 View Post
    You missed the point somewhat .

I don't think Rick would market Sosua Suites as being very quiet because it is not as it is close to the strip and the noise from people around plus a dog that likes to bark alot that can be even more annoying than the rooster.

Seems like the tone of your review was more about it not being quiet enough for your liking since your mentioned it numerous times than the water pressure. So get over it and move on.

Besides who needs that long of a shower anyway. Get in, get clean and move on to the business at hand.
    I like to fuck in the shower.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

I think you do not get the essence of my review.

This was my first time in DR, I trusted rick while he said it was a Quiet place, when he say quiet, i was expecting quiet.

If I go to vbictorian house they will tell me quiet, if i go to hotel colibri as tgun said they will say quiet also.

If I go to somewhere downtown they will not say quiet, my problem is, this was my first time, and , i trusted the ''quiet'' thing , which in fact it was not with a rooster making very much noise all night long, with moto passing by all night long... I understand its part of DR... but, dont sell me a QUIET condo when its NOT quiet.....

If he had sold me this condo just without the IT IS VERY QUIET thing, I would NOT have posted negative about the noise, I posted negative about the noise ONLY because he told me it was quiet, and he promoted it as super quiet, in fact, its the only reason I went there, because i though it was so quiet...
    I think people have different tolerances as far as noise goes. I myself find the Mary Rose very quiet....but that is me...I live within spitting distance from there...it is quiet in my books. That is me though. (I have stayed in the Mary Rose on 5 different vacations before moving here) Your idea of quiet is just as valid as mine I would think.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,477 Times in 4,501 Posts

Were you ever offered a different room without a shower problem? How about any compansation??? Free upgrade, free nights, discount on next stay??
    You do You, I'm gonna Do Me!!

"Don't tell me what a man says, don't tell me what a man knows, tell me where he's traveled?"

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tgunz For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I talked about my hot water so many time with him that i didnt even bother telling him again. Waste of time, he know problem, why would i keep wasting my time trying to tell him.. he knew the problem, and he repaired my shower like 2 time, he changed pump like 3 time... still same shit over and over... on my last day I had no hot water.. why would i waste my time telling him

When I arrived there first thing that a customer told me in front of rick was the rooster problem, so, obviously, rick knew about it.

Honestly, rick should not sell MR as a very quiet place, and for the price he sell, i think he should make sure the water work good , its annoying as customer to always have to go tell rick about same problem over and over... and over.... changing pump.. changing shower head... changing shower tube.. still same problem... pressure was only 20% of what they have at dulce secreto, and like 60% of what they have in the shit 15$ hotel i went. but in those 2 place it is constant, never cold water in middle of your shower.. even if it take 20 minute...
    Why did you not move if you were this unhappy? I am sure Rick would have reimbursed you for the time you were not there. If I were as unhappy as you seem, I would not have lasted more than a week.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgunzbxxx View Post
    Were you ever offered a different room without a shower problem?
    No I had a friend who stayed at the MR and he had same shower problem ( he stayed there 1 month before me ) ... water is very hot, but, after some minute it would cut off... of course for quick shower its not a problem... but when your with a chica, you can't have shower fun.. well you can, but it is not nice to have cold water while fucking.. lol

As for the Quiet, as I said, i would not have care, but the thing is it was sold to me as very quiet... of course someone used to lot of noise will find it acceptable.. but even if you are used to noise, ram, can we both agree that it is not VERY quiet..

Those 2 point, are the reason I will not go to mary rose again, due to its price, i think those 2 point (Water&Quiet) should be fixed, as those are 2 thing that I find important, for that price, they should be fixed .. and those are thing that have problem since long time because my friend who was there 1 month before me had same problem, and of course the rooster... someone kill the rooster... so quiet problem fixed.

I even read trip report from long time ago where people talked about rooster problem too...

But it is alright, i made my point, i do not want to argue over and over... you love mary rose, i dont like it because of those 2(and the other issue i had) and the price, we both have our opinion, I still think my review is very honest.. and with all the people that went to MR that I talked too, I dont understand why I am the first to make this kind of review.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Were you ever offered a different room without a shower problem? How about any compansation??? Free upgrade, free nights, discount on next stay??
    Nope I was not offered nothing, No upgrade, and I paid a 1000 pesos steak. I was actually offered a room without AC for 700/month, but i dont think there is any discount it is just the normal price he make those room for from what i heard.

As for asking for refund ram, where would I have gone? It was february, on first week I had no friend in DR, I am traveling alone, was my first time there...... No spanish...

Please lets stop arguing over and over... every reply is sending me an email its annoying lol

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    Why did you not move if you were this unhappy? I am sure Rick would have reimbursed you for the time you were not there. If I were as unhappy as you seem, I would not have lasted more than a week.
    and man, i never said i was unhappy... i said it was good condo and nice place. I just had water problem and rooster problem and few other problem... I am pretty happy of my stay there, but i will still point out the negative...

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Nope I was not offered nothing, No upgrade, and I paid a 1000 pesos steak. I was actually offered a room without AC for 700/month, but i dont think there is any discount it is just the normal price he make those room for from what i heard.

As for asking for refund ram, where would I have gone? It was february, on first week I had no friend in DR, I am traveling alone, was my first time there...... No spanish...

Please lets stop arguing over and over... every reply is sending me an email its annoying lol
    I can respect the first trip nerves, really I can. I travelled to Jamaica when I was 19...all alone also, it can be over whelming. My shower was a pipe, outdoors next to the outdoor toilet. lol You should have taken advantage of the wealth of knowledge when you were down on the beach. What's done is done. You know know what you expect and can now make an informed decision on where to stay in the future. Travelling is all about lessons.

here comes another email :-)

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ram View Post
    I can respect the first trip nerves, really I can. I travelled to Jamaica when I was 19...all alone also, it can be over whelming. My shower was a pipe, outdoors next to the outdoor toilet. lol You should have taken advantage of the wealth of knowledge when you were down on the beach. What's done is done. You know know what you expect and can now make an informed decision on where to stay in the future. Travelling is all about lessons.

here comes another email :-)
    I did take adventage of the knowledge, and I though this, is it worth it, telling rick i want refund, hassle of moving to new place.. all this for a rooster & not good water?? I dont think it was worth it. Also, when i was friend with roberto and other people on beach it was almost been 1 week I Was there.. before that i was all by myself.

The mary rose is good, like, its not that bad.. it just have some issue with water and some issue with noise.. and small other thing I posted, but its not that bad of a place... once your there its not worth moving out because of their small problem, but, before going there, honestly, i dont think its worth paying $1250 for it.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,497 Times in 634 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Martin.....you are making some valid comments as in your review but did you address all these issues with Rick in person during your stay?
    Actually, the first I heard that the rooster was bothering him here at Mary Rose was when I read his review here THIS MORNING. He never once said anything about noise or not as advertised in the entire month he was here. Had he, the rooster would have been gone the next day. I actually spoke with the roosters owner today BECAUSE of Martin's review and he told me he will move it out and there is no need to bring the law into this time. That is what I could have done had Martin discussed the issue with me.

Martin, I can't fix it if I don't know about it and as for having to replace the new pump 3 times, that is the level of expertise we have in the DR with almost all things being done have to be done two or three times. Do you not think I was some upset with my supplier when the water line blew off the brand new pump within hours of it being installed? Or when the new pump seized the very next day. I always, always do my very best to ensure things are repaired and working and that my guests are comfortable. If the rooster was bothering you, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING TO ME?

There are times when you will meet people here that are impossible to please especially when they won't even tell you when they are having a problem. Martin, you said you were sick of telling me you were having a problem with the hot water. Well to me, I thought it was fixed because you didn't say anything after we tried the next thing to fix it. I just went and asked the guy staying in apartment 11 and he is NOT having issues with the hot water as he shouldn't since the new pump is installed and finally working great. By the way, you can now strip paint with all the water pressure we have because of the new pump and now the demand water heaters will give you scalding hot water if that is what you want for about a month straight. At least untilw e run out of propane which of course never happens because we use auto switching regulators on them.

Take care WW and thanks for asking the question.

Rick

26. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post
    Actually, the first I heard that the rooster was bothering him here at Mary Rose was when I read his review here THIS MORNING. He never once said anything about noise or not as advertised in the entire month he was here. Had he, the rooster would have been gone the next day. I actually spoke with the roosters owner today BECAUSE of Martin's review and he told me he will move it out and there is no need to bring the law into this time. That is what I could have done had Martin discussed the issue with me.

Martin, I can't fix it if I don't know about it and as for having to replace the new pump 3 times, that is the level of expertise we have in the DR with almost all things being done have to be done two or three times. Do you not think I was some upset with my supplier when the water line blew off the brand new pump within hours of it being installed? Or when the new pump seized the very next day. I always, always do my very best to ensure things are repaired and working and that my guests are comfortable. If the rooster was bothering you, WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMETHING TO ME?

There are times when you will meet people here that are impossible to please especially when they won't even tell you when they are having a problem.

Take care and thanks for asking the question.

Rick
    You are funny person rick

The first minute i stepped into mary rose the old couple from bottom welcomed me and told me about rooster problem, you was right there with me.

You even said you are trying to get ride of it by law on your other post, but now you say you didnt know about rooster problem??!?

You make me laugh rick, have good day

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You are funny person rick

The first minute i stepped into mary rose the old couple from bottom welcomed me and told me about rooster problem, you was right there with me.

You even said you are trying to get ride of it by law on your other post, but now you say you didnt know about rooster problem??!?

You make me laugh rick, have good day
    Actually Martin, I didn't know YOU had a rooster problem. Had you said something at the time, I would have done exactly what I did today and have it removed. Guests have actually told me more times than not that they actually like the ambiance of the rooster while visiting a foreign country. Please understand that I will do anything to make my guests happy. All I need to know is what is making you unhappy. How in the world could I have known that you were having problems with the rooster IF YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING TO ME. My God, I am not a mind reader.

30. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dafishguy View Post
    Actually Martin, I didn't know YOU had a rooster problem. Had you said something at the time, I would have done exactly what I did today and have it removed. Guests have actually told me more times than not that they actually like the ambiance of the rooster while visiting a foreign country. Please understand that I will do anything to make my guests happy. All I need to know is what is making you unhappy. How in the world could I have known that you were having problems with the rooster IF YOU DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING TO ME. My God, I am not a mind reader.

rooster ambiance!

you get some weird guests rick!

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deezl View Post

rooster ambiance!

you get some weird guests rick!
    Kind of my point I guess. :-)

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dafishguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So your saying me, for the past 3 month, I am the only one that dont like hearing rooster in back yard 24/7 ??

I don't really care anyway, I left the MR and I will not go back there due to the high price & water problem.. I was used to the rooster after a week anyway so its not much problem.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to martin0siddle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

I stayed at the mary rose from february 1st to february 28.

I liked the condo, it was great, clean, with big flat tv and very good AC. The Oven was working great.

I had #11, it was upstairs.

The Security was very good, I never had any problem with a chica but I bet if I did the security would have helped me. On my last day I gave a bag of thing to a chica and when she left they asked me if it was ok, so, i bet no chica could've stolen something big in the room, without me allowing her to leave.

The bar was nice, the barmaid was friendly, there was a big tv there, i didnt drink much there but it was cool, with a chica when u dont have alchool its nice you can go to the bar and get some. At night the security will give the alchool.

Host.. Rick was very awesome host, He is probly the only thing that make the high price being worth, i know if I had problem he would've helped me, and he was very friendly and very helpful, very good host.

Internet.. it was very perfect, only had problem once, but it was fixed in a minute. I use internet alot so this point was very important.

Unfurtunatly, I consider the negative point to be more important then the positive for this Condo.

If rick was in canada, he would have lot of problem for doing false information, in fact, he would probly be forced to change his ''information''. He advertise the mary rose as a VERY quiet place, when he sold it to me he insisted on MR being a very quiet place. It is the only reason I went there instead of another condo, it was supose to be very quiet. Every day, every night, every morning, every evening.. all day long there is rooster RIGHT in the back of the mary rose, they are doing VERY LOUD noise EVERY DAY, ALL DAY long.. it was VERY hard for me to sleep on the first week due to all those annoying rooster sound... of course when i was drunk i was able to sleep perfectly, but, when i was with a chica, after fucking, it was hard to fall asleep.. ( on first week, then i got used to it )

There is also very loud motoconcho that pass by, of course, not as much as if you were in downtown, but there is , and of course, any time of the day / night... I though I would not hear moto because it was supose to be a quiet place.... I got used to that after 1 week.

Water.... I had no hot water at first, i did not tell rick, i wrote on my thread, he saw it and fixed it next day... Then a few days later i had again hot water issue... the i passed 1 night without water at all.. then 3 more days without hot water... then little later on my trip another night without hot water... and so on.. The hot water is very hot yes, but, it is NOT consistant.. some time you are taking shower, after 3-4 minute you have soap everywhere, boom, the hot water stop and you need to finish your shower with cold water.. this has actually happend to me one day on 3. Pump problem, gas problem, calcium problem, all kind of problem, but, it never actually changed nothing i always had the same hot water that stop after few minutes if you dont take shower too fast.. of course the hot water would come back few minute later... The pressure was low... I never went to other condo so I cannot compare, however I rent a room in 2 different hotel for night with a chica that had lost her ID, Dulce secreto, and another hotel that i paid 600 pesos for the night.. BOTH of them had MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better pressure and the water was maybe not as much hot but it was consistant, even on a 15 minute shower, and it was very good pressure. For a 1250$ price for 28 days ( 45$/day ) I would expect to have good water, and to not have to keep taking cold shower. Another problem were sometime the hot water would come only after 10 minute... When you are with a chica, ready to fuck her, it is now that u need your hot water not in 10 minute... I washed my cock with cold water many time during my trip, i even had to wash my cock with pool water because there was no water at all one night..

The price... I consider it to be very high for what I was getting... 1250$ for 28 days... that is 45$ a day... As a tourist, i got a tourist price I understand. But its very high price.

The bar... I do not tell my real name to chica, and 1 night when I arrived people at the bar yelled HEY MARTIN... I was like fuck... then i had to tell jessica my real name... at least she was with me since a few days so it was better then a random chica... but still.. I like when its little quieter ... when I arrive at 11pm with a chica i would not expect people to be drinking at the bar, being drunk, and yelling my name with a greeting.. I understand its friendly place, but thats something I did not like, maybe someone else would have loved that.

Steak... One night I woke up and rick was cooking steak... I though I would try one... The steak were 1000 pesos...... I still tried it, it was very good... but 1000 pesos... wow.. I went to eat at the bologna I took their more expensive filet minion with a drink and desert and it cost me 800 pesos... Lot of people say rick is over pricing, but, here was the perfect exemple. a filet minion from bologna or baileys with drink+potato+salade+bread+desert is 800 , but rick sell you a steak for 1000 pesos with salade+bread

Overall experience... I liked the MR if i do not think about water, noise and price. I would not go there again because of the price, rick quoted me 700$ for room without AC, but, for all the rooster and noise and water issue i still consider 700$ to be high price, and of course no ac..

To fix the noise Issue I could've used ear plug.. but, i was paying for a quiet condo not a condo that I would have needed ear plug, otherwise id have rented downtown with my ear plug and then it would have been the same.

Recommendation... I would recommend anyone to think twice about going mary rose just because it is quiet as I did, you will be very disappointed. Rick make the MR being very nice, he is great support, he is helping with anything you need, and get thing repair fast(except water), If the Noise, Water and money is not a problem for you I would definetly recommend the mary rose as it is a very great place, friendly(if you like friendly), and the pool is nice.

Click to see pic
    Click to see pic
    Click to see pic
    Click to see pic
    I think you've would have been better of staying at Europa Hotel. Diego would have offer a better deat and constant hot water.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 40,590 Times in 5,066 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Al Nyc View Post
    I think you've would have been better of staying at Europa Hotel. Diego would have offer a better deat and constant hot water.
    really? I heard they havn't upgraded the rooms there since the mid-80's...

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deezl For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information